"Visible"comes into Focus

It might be too new to even respond, but you could try running the IMEI on Mint's IMEI test tool. (If it's Foxtastic!, click on the question mark next to the phone name. https://www.mintmobile.com/byop/

Might also be interesting to check it here: https://www.imei.info/ to see if that returns any info about manufacturer & LTE frequencies.
(Edit: oops, I see you've already ID'd as a Wingtech.)

It is so similar to the mote g pure that I think they must be made by the same manufacturer or at least source many of the parts from the same place.

Mint and usmobile do not seem to recognize it yet but it passes the verizon and tmobile byod checkers. Also works on the tello byod checker

Someone on SD posted they found it has "Very clean rom without any carrier app, only google apps pre-installed. FYI, this Phone is made by Wingtech Technology. It has bands 2, 5, 7, 12, 13, 66"

ETA: would the info. from an app like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inkwired.droidinfo&hl=en&gl=us
give enough info. to determine all bands?

I am having issues with ATT. I can't get either my freeup or tracfone sims to work. It won't let me input custom apns and so only whatever default the phone picks is the one used. For tmobile and verizon that is fine but att has more specific apns.

Yes no bloat apps very clean and basic. You see a visible animation when you turn it on as well as a visible wallpaper. They are making a big show of it being a visible phone. The box has a lot of that all over it. I am okay with it all.

I like it better than the moto g pure. That one has lagged and frozen sometimes. Also some strange things like pop up warnings that my freeup sim isn't registered on the att netowrk but it works fine regardless.

I'm wondering if the complaint with the FreeUP (AT&T) SIM is that the phone isn't registering for VoLTE. It's almost assuredly not on the AT&T whitelist. If that SIM still happens to be in the phone, you could look (I think) at About Phone> SIM status, and see whether it specifies IMS as registered, or not registered. (No IMS registration, no VoLTE.)

On AT&T MVNOs, it's a problem if you get access to edit APNs. You need the APN set correctly not just to get data but also VOLTE. However, it's possible that main AT&T works fine because their APNs are auto-configured. Curiously, this might allow my free Beast plan to work (for however long that lasts).

I'll order mine on Monday and will be able to do my own testing and form my own impressions then.

Maybe already known re the moto g pure model Visible shipped but wanted to post for record here

No band 25, 26, 71, or 41 on the -2 version Visible sent. The -4 version has them & more international bands. The -4 version is what t-mo sells, the -2 is what Verizon & AT&T sells.

FCC ID number
IHDT56ZX1

Bands...

GSM850: 824 MHz ~ 849 MHz

GSM1900: 1850 MHz ~ 1910 MHz

WCDMA Band II: 1850 MHz ~ 1910 MHz

WCDMA Band IV: 1710 MHz ~ 1755 MHz
WCDMA Band V: 824 MHz ~ 849 MHz
LTE Band 2: 1850 MHz ~ 1910 MHz
LTE Band 4: 1710 MHz ~ 1755 MHz
LTE Band 5: 824 MHz ~ 849 MHz
LTE Band 12: 699 MHz ~ 716 MHz
LTE Band 13: 777 MHz ~ 787 MHz
LTE Band 14: 788 MHz ~ 798 MHz
LTE Band 30: 2305 MHz ~ 2315 MHz
LTE Band 66: 1710 MHz ~ 1780MHz

certid.org/fccid/IHDT56ZX2

ETA: Below from
www.phonescoop.com/phones/news.php?p=6560

"The phone will come in two variants: one for AT&T, Cricket, and Verizon — with support for AT&T's unique bands 14 and 30 — and the other for all other carriers, supporting T-Mobile's network and overseas 4G networks.

Very useful info, redrotors, and thanks!
I was not aware of this. (Didn't do my homework, so I'm happy to cadge off yours.)

Feel free to check me on this, happy to keep the info. confirmed & correct.

I think the most significant difference is that the Verizon/Visible version doesn't seem to have Band 17, which is AT&T's backbone. Not having bands 25, 26, and 41 is no big deal because they are the ones that T-Mobile acquired from Sprint. As far as I know, these bands are only being used by people who have phones still operating on the legacy Sprint network and are immaterial to those using parent T-Mobile. Furthermore, Sprint LTE is getting decommissioned in July 2022, to allow these bands to be reconfigured to work on 5G. finally, it would be nice if you could access band 71 on T-Mobile but not having it usually isn't going to make you lose coverage..

Is band 17 a "sub-band" encompassed by one of the listed ones? I used to have a good resource to look up but can't find ATM.
Unless the phonescoop article I linked to is wrong it seems strange that the VZW & AT&T configured model that was sent by Visible would be missing a main/backbone band for AT&T

If it has band 12 it is covered

Yes, I believe so. 17 is a subband of 12 and both are contained in band 85. After MFBI it confused me even more.

I used to have a great, well laid out chart that showed frequencies, bands & blocks for USA mobile allocation but seem to have lost it, if anyone knows of a good one please share.

Here is what I use for carrier bands:
https://www.droid-life.com/2020/05/19/us-wireless-carrier-bands-gsm-cdma-wcdma-lte-verizon-att-sprint-tmobile/

Thanks
When I get a chance I'm going to look again for the link.
It was a chart and showed all the bands, frequencies, blocks. Graphical format that beautifully showed all the overlap among the bands and what blocks are in a band. It was well done, hoping to find it and see that it is updated.

The Moto G Pure came back in stock late last night. I tried to order another one when I realized that but the number I initially wanted to port in from Xfinity isn't fully out of Visible's system from a swap deal I did in the summer. All my other Xfinity numbers are already pending activation on previous Moto G swap orders or are tied up with existing Xfinity deals, so I decided to try to port in a relatively new number from TextNow.

I'll wait until late next month to get a Visible Midnight.

I don't think that SD post is quite correct, it has an important omission. If you look at this document

https://fccid.io/2APXW-WTVIS01

it says the phone also has band 4. That's really important for T-Mobile. Some people also try to force that band on Verizon, because 13 tends to get congested.

I sort of made assumptions on today's order, based on the last time I ported from TextNow in the summer. The account number is your phone number with a '1' before it. I then used the same PIN they gave me last time, because it very much seemed to be a default. (If it doesn't work, I'll email them again to get the exact porting info)

Their email address is for port outs is porting@textnow.com. When you email them, you should include the phone number, name, email address and physical address associated with the account.

I think Visible did some further fixes in their IMEI database for allowed swaps. Previously, Visible said that an iPhone 5s/5c that is issued by Verizon is compatible with Visible, so they were deemed ineligible for swap - these are phones that only work on Verizon for LTE data and can't get VoLTE. If you plug in a Visible SIM into one a 5s or 5c, it won't work.

I also did an IMEI check on an iPhone 5s A1530, issued in Australia. That also returned the correct result (not compatible with Visible and eligible for swap).

If someone has an iPhone 7/7+ issued by T-Mobile or AT&T, with model numbers A1784 or A1788, please run a check and post your results. These versions are GSM only and don't even work on main Verizon. However, the Visible IMEI swap engine said they were compatible the last time I checked (before my wife lost her iPhone 7).