Tello

EXCELLENT THANK YOU!!
I was holding off with one last line and this makes it all worthwhile!!
I've update the OP.

I've been debating between Tello and CellNuVo for my android phone, this might push Tello ahead.

DO NOTE THAT IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SIGNED UP BUT HAVE A $0 BALANCE YOU CAN ADD A $10 TOP UP FOR $0 BY USING THE CODE!!! YMMV
NO PORT IN REQUIRED EITHER

Send them a message as they have been giving courtesy credit to people tonight! I received 2 x $10 on my lines. One I have a discounted plan already and the other I used the 5% code for a $5 balance.

RINGPAYG10OFF didn't work for me for a port-in to PAYG.

Send them a message and they will most likely credit you anyway. Just tell them you are trying to use the code and are a port in from ringplus but it is not working. They have done it for several people including me. Thank you Tello!

Check out the Quick and Painless port out to Tello US thread on R+ as there are several discussing this and some have been successful in getting Tello customer service to give them the credit. I'm still trying....

Looks like they are cracking down on the courtesy credit now so probably too late.

Where do you go in the Tello control panel to enter the RINGPAYG10OFF code?

Where can I find my newly assigned number in the portal?

For the discount code: At the top of the page find the "Shop" menu and select "Pay As You Go Credit." Choose an amount to buy and click "Order Now." On the screen where you finalize the order there will be a place to enter the code and apply it. The price will decrease if the code is accepted. If the purchase amount you chose was $10 then the order price will change to $0.

For the number: What I'm about to describe is what I see after successfully porting in a number. I assume it would look the same for a newly assigned number as well. After you log into your account the first screen you see should say "My number" at the top followed by your number. Below that are sections that display information about your phone, your plan, and any pay-as-you-go balance you have. That's also where you select to have your pay-as-you-go applied only to minutes and texts or to apply to data also.

RINGPAYG10OFF is working now for anyone who hasn't used it before!

Yeah, I was able to apply it to an existing pay go account (no plan) that it would not work for before:
https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/146491/#Comment_146491

Me too, 3 for 3 pay go accounts worked just now, not last night or this morning or this afternoon.

Can't seem to make it work this morning. Tried on two accounts. Are these for new accounts with no top up yet? Or from what I seem to be reading if not used coupon before I should be able to top up.

I used the coupon online to get a free $10 credit to a plan with a $0 balance and later to add $10 credit to a pay go line with a $4.97 balance. Also, I had used 50% off (plan) and 5% off (pay go line) coupons when registering those lines to begin with. These were done directly on the Tello website without the need to involve Tello customer service. Friday evening, I couldn't get it to work on the existing pay go plan (invalid code message), but I tried it again yesterday, and it worked to bring that balance to $14.97. What's working today could be yet another story.

Thanks, Promoze. I'll try it again!

From what I've read this morning in the R+ forum, this code stopped working again today.

In my case, all accounts were existing pay as you go accounts that I had just ported in on 2/8. They each had a bit less than $5 left in credit and each had been created using the CL6TMP 5% coupon. None of my account were plans.

I did a quick test starting a new account and applying the code, and it appears to still work. I didn't get an invalid code message, and it shows $0 due for the $10 credit. But I did not click finalize order. (Edit - someone posted after me activated phone with coupon.) So the coupon hasn't expired.

Good luck. Did it work?

Tello were kind enough to give me a $10 paygo credit even though my port completed last week.

Thanks Tello! Looking forward to being with you a long time!

Hint: Most R+ people moving to Tello are price sensitive. They'll be happy with $5 credit! Hopefully I've just saved you 80000 x $5 = $400,000!