Tello

Sadly, still waiting on my port out from R+ to Tello on one line since Saturday. I realize weekends are not working days of course. It appears I will be on Ting before it goes over. Oh well, as long as they don't lose numbers I am ok.

I hope it goes smoothly for you.

I emailed Tello support today about the status of my orders and pointed out that people who submitted ports a day or two (or three) after mine have been seeing theirs completed already. Tello confirmed that mine have been submitted to RingPlus and are still waiting for them to respond. They also confirmed something else that I suspected (direct quote from the email):

[b]Due to the high saturation on Ringplus they are not working on first come first served basis they are porting the numbers randomly.[/b]

It certainly looks random from my perspective. I wonder if maybe RingPlus divides the ports up among different people and they work at different speeds. Maybe whoever got the batch that includes mine took a day or two off.

I guess the thing is that if you trust what Ting say, then you'll have the benefit of your free R+ service as long as possible, and Ting have said that the service will continue between then and when your port completes (or when you add billing details to their system).

To minimize the chances of unintended R+ charges, R+ have even added the daily 1 cent plan as an option although this actually may not work for everybody depending on their usage pattern and their exact top up balance.

Eeekk!!! I totally missed this reply. Sorry... I can see why you said what you did. :oops:

Yay! My weekend port to Tello on my wifes phone finally made it there, all works.

Yay!!! Wish I could give you a thumbs up or kudos in the corner! Old habits die hard! :stuck_out_tongue: I'm glad to hear it! :slight_smile:

One port of mine completed but I had to cancel it and re-port it in today. Did the same with the other two lines and switched one to twigby. Lots of issues with lines disappearing in ringplus accounts including mine but it is supposed to be okay. I hope so!!

All three of my lines disappeared from my RingPlus dashboards and the port-in orders on Tello changed to "Failed" status. The phones stopped working. But within a couple of hours I got an email saying "Your device is ready for Tello" and all the orders on Tello had succeeded. I went through the procedure on my Tello dashboards for doing a carrier reset for my phone and my son's and both our phones are working again. The third belongs to a family member who lives out of town so I'll probably have to call her tomorrow on her Dad's phone and talk her through the carrier reset for hers, but her dashboard looks good and it should be fine.

I read that most of the users were not liking the ban and that the only thing the messages included was a reassuring that Tello is working on completing the porting process as smooth and fast as possible, nothing more....

They have a 50% off coupon - RINGPLUS50

Updated the front page with the new code. Keep them coming.

I'm all up and running with two lines at Tello now. My numbers are saved and I ringplus free. I won't miss the drama but I will miss the free plans - so painful paying now!!!

[quote="JTSR71"]

Yep, also in California but mine is 21%

Hey, where's the "Helpful" button? :slight_smile:

Does Tello support star codes for call forwarding (*72) and conditional call forwarding (*28, *73, and/or *74)? I know that latter one is a reach...

I've used *72 so I know it works. I tried *28 but it does not work. I haven't tried the others.

I ported from Ringplus to Tello on Feb 6th and got an email from Tello on Feb 9th:
This is to confirm that your device is ready to use Tello services.
We kindly ask you to try restarting the device so the network can be updated on the telephone.

OK, I thought great! But, carrier support from RP stopped on the 8th and has not resumed. I get a message "Your account could not be validated, please contact customer services" when I do the carrier reset ##72786#.
I've reset the phone and done carrier reset multiple times.

Tello customer service does not answer my requests for assistance. I could understand "Please wait another 24 hours for {whatever}, but no phone service and no answer from customer service has me concerned.
Does this sound like a Tello error, or a problem involving Sprint, or ???

Anybody else had their Tello phone out of service for so long?

Thanks for the info, all!

Hey, another coupon code for pay as go this time from Tello - $10 OFF w/ code: RINGPAYG10OFF

check it out: Tello Mobile

:cheer: :cheer:

That would have been good LAST Friday!

Doesn't work now that I'm already ported.