Successful phone purchases

CellNUVO commented:

Regarding phone purchase:
We have not been able to successfully process payments with HSN- we apologize for this but unfortunately it is not something that is working with HSN so we have not been able to order your device despite repeated attempts. We have tried working with multiple vendors to purchase devices and unfortunately none have been successful. So phone purchases can be made from any of the carriers we support in our app (Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Red Pocket) or through Amazon only. If you find a comparable device you would like to purchase, we will process your gold phone installment balance to your Amazon account and you can then purchase the device of your choosing. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Thank you so much.

guess i have to look for something in amazon

Interesting. Sounds like they will deposit funds into your account rather than buy a phone for you. I wonder if that is just for you because yours failed or if it applies to every one.

That would be awesome of we could deposit 100 per month and let us spend it on anything. Not just phones

Regarding phone purch­ases:
We have not been abl­e to successfully pro­cess payments with eB­ay. We have tried wor­king with multiple ve­ndors to purchase dev­ices and unfortunatel­y none have been succ­essful. So phone purc­hases can be made fro­m any of the carriers­ we support in our ap­p (Verizon, Sprint, T­-Mobile, AT&T, and Re­d Pocket) or through ­Amazon only. If you f­ind a comparable devi­ce you would like to ­purchase, we will pro­cess your gold phone ­installment balance t­o your Amazon account­ and you can then pur­chase the device of y­our choosing. Please ­let me know how you w­ould like to proceed.­ Thank you so much.

Support has yet to answer me on my eBay purchase question on what to do with the balance

I can confirm that CellNUVO just paid for a Moto G5 on my Amazon account.

I didn't want to write about it until it was done, so I wouldn't jinx it, but it's done and the phone is on the way.

Woo hoo!

The process was slowed because I had originally wanted a phone from Best Buy and received the same email that some of you did.

I then found a phone on Amazon and they provided me with a gift card credit that covered the cost.

Excellent!

doeS it HAVE to be a phone? can i switch o buy a computer?

I don't know. I selected a phone and they sent an Amazon gift card for the amount.

I guess I could have easily purchased a computer instead of a phone, at that point, but I have enough computers and I'll never have enough phones, shoes or purses...

This is great news! Amazon gift cards provide the best way to buy phones among other kinds of stuff.:slight_smile: Easy to redeem and easy for CellNuvo to buy. Probably can negotiate with Amazon to get discount on these gift cards/codes.

Chelle, did your phone cost less $200.00? Could you give us a link?

Thanks!

Hey guys, just wanted to share a random phone I came across while browsing eBay. 75~gold shouldn't take too long to build up, it's got some okay-ish specs but for a 70$ phone it's a good deal. Just thought you guys might like this.

[ https://m.ebay.com/itm/BLU-WIN-HD-LTE-5-0-Windows-Smartphone-GSM-Unlocked-GREY/263496903377?hash=item3d59a3aad1:g:aZQAAOSw3lFZeQnw:sc:USPSFirstClass!92688!US!-1 ]

Nuvo not doing ebay. Amazon is ok

Ah I see. Well, I'm pretty sure they have the same device on Amazon, possibly even the same price range. Too lazy to look it up. Anyway I hope my last post helps someone decide what to get.

It was actually $204. It was the unlocked Moto G5 Plus with 32GB of storage.

I placed the order and then someone, here, made me second-guess myself-- so I ended up changing my order, at the last minute, to an unlocked LG X Charge and added a 128GB micro SD card and a case. The total price was almost the same as the Moto G5 Plus.

I changed my mind for the following reasons:

1. I had really wanted a 5.5" display and the G5 Plus only has a 5.2". (The newer G5s Plus has a 5.5" display but Amazon doesn't carry them, yet.) The LG X Charge has a 5.5" display.

2. I'm generally opposed to non-removable batteries. Moto E4 Plus phones are actually easy to change and Moto G5 Plus phones are very hard to change. The LG X Charge is somewhere in between the two. After watching YouTube videos I feel a lot more confident in my ability to change the battery on an LG X Charge than I do on a Moto G5 Plus. If the Moto E4 Plus had been available, on Amazon, I definitely would have gone for that.

3. I have several LG phones and love the double-tap on/off even more than having a fingerprint sensor.

4. If the phone ever cr@ps out I'll only be out a $129 phone and will still have the 128GB memory card to put into another phone. So it distributes the risk.

I don't keep up enough on new phone models-- so I was surprised just now to see that the LG X Charge is a 3-carrier phone-- GSM plus Sprint. Nice.

And it's eligible for the Sprint one year free plan which, incredibly, is still available.

With the Sprint one year free plan, is that something you have to transfer into? Will that work from Red Pocket to Sprint? What is the path you would take with the LG X Charge?

Yes, you have to port in a number from a non-Sprint carrier or MVNO, and you must start the line with a multi-carrier phone from the eligibility list.
After you have started a line, you can port a Sprint-network phone # into the existing line you set up (if you should want to), and you can swap in any Sprint-eligible phone.

The phone you use to set up the Sprint Unlimited Free plan does not have to be in current use on the line/# you're porting in from (or anywhere), although it could be.

For example: if you have a line on Red Pocket GSM or VZW, you can port that number to Sprint for the offer. You could use the LG X Charge (or a factory-unlocked Moto G/4/5 or E4, etc.) , to set up the Sprint offer.

Could anyone lend me his or her multicarrier capable phone so that I can join sprint? I would swap it out immediately once I get it going. Thanks.