Successful phone purchases

I don't have such a device not in use-- but you might consider doing what I did & buy an eligible phone to qualify for the offer.
From Amazon, one of the base-line Moto models looks to start around $137 if you don't have Prime, and around $120 with Prime.
It looks like you already did a $100 prepay on CN, in March? If so, you could finish off paying for one quickly.

I don't know how CN interacts with Amazon Prime Exclusive phone pricing if you have Amazon Prime-- maybe Chelle has some info, since it looks like she may have picked the Prime Exclusive model of the LG X Charge.

I know the base-line Sprint-eligible phones don't meet your 'wish list' of features you were looking for in a GSM model. I justified the expense of buying a eligible phone by looking at the amortized cost of the phone +Sprint plan. The device cost me $9/mo (averaged over 12 months), and the plan around $3.50/month-- so for around $12.50/mo, I got a great plan, and end up with a phone I can use on any carrier offer that looks attractive at the end of my year.

And doing it this way means you can do it all with CN Gold, except for the first-month Sprint charge.
You can also buy the phone with your larger CN account, and pay Sprint monthly from your 2nd smaller CN account.

Since CN simply provides a gift card to your account you can use Amazon Prime pricing, when available.

Update: received my amazon GC from cellnuvo!

Thank you KentE.
Could you please tell me what is that $137 phone?

Hi Chelle, the most beautiful gal in this forum plus ringplus, could you please answer my questions?

(1) Will the gift card expire?

(2) if I tell cellnuvo that I want to buy phone A, could I change my mind to buy phone B, or phone C instead, or even a computer instead? Or do I have tell cellnuvo what phone I want to buy upfront?

H-H, Amazon gift cards can be applied to your account immediately, and sit there until you want to spend it. This is the process you would have to use if you wanted to buy the phone you specified anyway. (So expiration date shouldn't be a problem.) Each subsequent purchase you make from Amazon will ask if you want to apply your gift balance or not.

I can't imagine a route where Amazon would even tell CN what you spent a gift balance on......

re: the $137 non-Prime-Exclusive Moto-- it appears that I was looking at an international G4 version, which is GSM only & will not work on the Sprint offer.
Amazon is sold out of most of the E4 and G4 models.

I did spot these technically used E4 Prime-Exclusive warehouse deals around $105 (available to anyone, whether Prime member of not, and most likely customer returns.)

Amazon warehouse deals include all the normal protections of any "shipped by Amazon' product.

Similar Amazon Warehouse Deal on a Moto G4, $117-124 in very good to like new condition.

With Amazon Prime membership, the Prime Exclusive version of the E4 is still available for $120, or the LG X Charge that Chelle opted for at $130.

Chelle, How did you overcome the $100 gold limit?

Thanks KentE! you are so helpful! When I get a job in your state I will buy you a steak dinner!

Flattery will get you everywhere. :wink:

1. I don't believe that Amazon gift cards expire.

2. Yes, yes and yes. Once the gift card is in your account you can actually use it for anything you'd like. You do have to tell CN, upfront, what phone you'd like to buy so they know what denomination of gift card should be sent to your account.

I actually changed phones, mid-process, but spent around the same amount of money. I just received the LG X Charge, today, and it seems to be a really great phone for the money. (Only $129 and it works on Sprint, T-Mobile and AT&T. I added a 128GB memory card and a case.)

It was $100/month x 2 months.

Hi Chelle, when you told cellnuvo what phone you wanted , did you just give them a link so that it will figure out the total cost for you or you have to calculate the total price including tax and shipping and demand a certain amount of golds credit?

I sent them a link. They didn't include tax in the amount put on the gift card. I get free shipping as a Prime member.

The phone I ended up purchasing was a few dollars cheaper, even after adding the SD card and case, so it ended up covering the entire amount.

I just sent 100 gold to CN today without contacting support not sure what phone I want yet. Wanted to get a Moto G6 from motorola but will probably have to go throgh Amazon. Anyway it will take a couple months to build up enough credit to purchase a phone. Thanks for all the info you provided. Update: CN support contacted me via email this morning confirming the 100 gold per month limit and one phone purchase per acct. per year. Said I could continue to make payments until I had enough to purchase any phone I want from Amazon, and wanted me to confirm the 100 gold deduction. Update 2: Gold just got deducted from my acct.

This is the email I received from support.
Regarding phone installment request for : 800301000000xxxx

Dear customer,
I see you've recently made a request for 100 gold toward a phone installment. Before I deduct your gold, I just want to let you know a few details regarding device purchases:
-there is a 100 gold limit per month (including phone installments and bill payments)
-due to logistical issues on third party phone purchases, CellNUVO can only make purchases through Amazon or the phone carriers included in our app. If you find a device you would like to purchase on Amazon, we can process your payment to your Amazon account (we will need your Amazon email address) and you can purchase the device and have it shipped directly to you.
-there is a limit of 1 phone purchase, per CellNUVO account, per year

Please let me know if you have any questions and also confirm you would like for me to deduct that 100 gold as your phone installment (you can continue adding to these installments as you'd like and when you're ready to have your gold used for your purchase, just let me know). Thanks and have a great day!
CellNUVO support
Thank you- 100 gold has been deducted. When you are ready to make your purchase, please email me at xxxxxxxcellnuvo.com. thanks!
Show quoted text

So, email on your CellNuvo acct. should be the same as Amazon account? If I have 2 CellNuvo accounts, can it be only one Amazon account?

CellNUVO email does not have to be the same as your Amazon email.

Mine are different from each other.

just receive the 80 gold for amazon. trying to figure out what phone to get. my choices are narrow down to ZTE Blade V8 Pro and lg x charge.

Just submitted requests for 90 Gold and 100 Gold to pay out immediately from two different accounts for phones on Amazon. Here's to hoping.

You mean you don't have to tell them what phone you are going to buy and you received 80 Amazon credits from them?

i dont think it matter. it comes to my email as amazon gift code