Specific questions, issues and suggestions for the CEO Tom Mannix/Cellnuvo

Interestingly I could not find any line containing the keyword tapjoy. So tapjoy must pushes its ads under a different address.

Any idea how to swap devices in my CellNuvo account?

My phone for my CellNuvo account died (was Android 4.0.4 anyways), & I have a currently-inactive Android 4.4.4 phone formerly with Tello that I'd like to move to the CellNuvo.

Thanks for any suggestions.

My understanding is you send an email with the MEID and ICCID of the replacement device and request the swap.

Once it is activated and provisioned you may need to generate a new code to keep earning credits.

Does anyone know how much phone number changes cost on CN? Apparently, there is someone in my state who is confused about what their phone number actually is and keeps giving out my number. I get a few calls and texts each day for this other person. I have given my CN number out to NO ONE. I use Hangouts for my calls, which is a very different number. These wrong numbers/wrong texts are eating up my silver.

I'm sure I'll have to contact support@cellnuvo.com to have it changed, but I don't know what the cost is. Maybe I can plea with them to do it for free since I've only had the number for about a month and have been getting all of these calls and texts without every having given the number out, maybe? (For now, I set the phone to reject all calls. But, that doesn't help with text messages.)

I've never heard of them charging anything but you'd have to ask.

Its free to change numbers. email support@cellnuvo.com

Contact support@cellnuvo.com and they will be able to do the swap. Will need account number and device id's for both old and new.

We are working on building this functionality into the customer portal, its just not there yet....

They were shipped. You should have it soon.

So we are going to be changing our online chat, as we never intended that channel to be a support channel, and it has, and it is simply not set up to handle support requests. We recognize that our customers want to be able to do live web chat for support, so we are exploring some options to revamp that. We see the need for it, and we are going to address it.

Thanks for this info. It's totally accurate. We are NOT perfect. We do screw up, so if you email support and don't get something done that you need/want email me. tom@cellnuvo.com.

Just last week someone resent me an email I missed for help on an issue. Plain and simple I missed it, when they resent it I got on it and got them squared away right quick.

To everyone using us, or thinking of using us:

We don't want to be just your cell service provider, we want to build a reputation for exceptional customer service. If we are not meeting your expectations I would hope that you let me know.

We have had several requests from folks to have one account on several devices. We are looking into it - to say that this exploration is even in its infancy is a gross overstatement of where we are at with it. We are aware of the requests, and will certainly spend considerable time figuring out the feasibility of this (there is a lot going on in the background that needs to be considered), but it will not be anytime in the near future.

We are working on expanding our customer portal to show more details like this.

Zoo - We are here every day reading and listening. Every. Single. Day. Our senior team talks about comments here during our weekly meeting. We go over notes and observations, and have, in fact incorporated many many many suggestions made here into our service.

Yes, I would like to post here every day, truly I would. Generally I am reading the comments here when I finally get home, and want to make sure I get answers to questions before posting on here.

My wife tells me I am wrong enough as it is, don't want to say something here that isn't correct and have you all think I am wrong as well :slight_smile:

How can we swap device and port in a number after sign-up? I sent a contact us message earlier this week but have not heard back.

Forward me the email and Ill handle.

Hi Tom, I suspect that there is an issue with the data usage today. I updated my app and watched a few ads, hoping that my account balance will break even. But it turned out that I earned about 30 points and used over 3000 points. That can't be right. I did check my emails and visit some web pages, but I really cannot believe that it could cost over 150M in total. I think 15M is more likely.
Maybe the new program has a price of 200 points per M for data?

Never mind. I checked my data usage history and found that cellnuvo app used 147 M of data. This really stinks. In cellnuvo website it is claimed that watching ads with cellular data could still come out with a positive earning result. This is way off the true. I hereby suggest your legal team modify that line because it constitutes serious misrepresentation. With previous experience, I know I might not break even if I try to earn points with cellular data, but this is way too much.

Hi Tom, can you please have your team fix the font overlapping issue when using Large Font size on our device. Currently we are forced to set our phone font size to Medium otherwise the font in your app becomes too big and overlaps. The latest app version 2.14 still hasn't corrected this issue. Thanks.

I just receive the hats. They are very beautiful. Thank you thank you thank you Tom!!!

You could actually make the logo larger and bolder in a more vivid color.

Hello Tom, good to hear from you here !!!:

I get the 'always wrong' thing - it is VERY familiar !!
My apologies if my bluntness offended, that was never my intention.
My responses were more about simple disappointment after such a good start...
I shall try to 'splain=>

There seem to be several different sorts of rp refugees & they are easily & clearly discernable, at least to my old eyes:
1 - Those who were deeply offended by the obvious lacks of integrity we experienced with rp;
2 - Those who remain indifferent to the craziness of rp during their time with it;
3 - Those who remain steadfast rp fans despite all that happened.

As you likely guessed - I am definitely in group #1 of that list - very, very sensitive to such things as false/broken promises, misrepresentation and especially when there is a total lack of support via any means from ANY company that takes in ANY funds from customers via ANY/ALL means.

Yes - the world has changed and most things have been 'internetted' & de-personalized, BUT:
Customer service is STILL king.

As such, it continues to perplex me how it can even be possible that ANY business that is centered upon communication of any sort can be less than attentive to the utter NEED to keep in touch with its customers.

The best possible BAD example was indeed rp - which was so based upon its 'social platform' yet almost completely neglected to show up there - even during times when they screwed stuff up & folks were going nuts trying to get ANY coherent answer - they didn't even keep their forum mods properly informed from what could be seen.

Now - add in all the other screwy stuff - botched offerings, broken classifieds & store, absent 'support', payments/refunds handled so badly as to ALMOST look like outright thefts sometimes - and really the ONLY thing that company did right was to stick around a while in its latest reincarnation.

Having said ALL the above - I want to be clear:
The above is just based upon what happened to us in trying to join rp, buy a phone and get help when they had taken our money but did nothing else.
Yes - we finally got phones elsewhere, got them activated & got enough usage from rp that the $100 we gave up in their goofy 'top-ups' was OK with us & it was OK while it lasted EXCEPT for the time wasted trying to get ANY answers...
That was the single aspect which negated most of the value in that service IMO.

By way of contrast:
Cellnuvo gave the impression of being present, helpful and interested in its users at the start, and as a result - after exchanging messages with you it was hoped that you would have someone at Cellnuvo who would be assigned to pop in and keep us informed better than rp ever did.

THAT is what my posting in this thread was about - as well as the other original thread I posted to your attention that seemed to be 100% ignored as it never got any replies from you folks that I know about.
(https://www.nthcircle.com/forum/cellnuvo/170-any-help-from-an-official-rep-from-cellnuvo-please)
Am I asking too much from a (really, truly) free service ??
Perhaps.

My opinion in closing boils down to this=>
If you folks are not able to spare enough time and/or staffing to be more present for user support by these indirect means - then at least it would be well to pop in every couple of days to remind folks that you ARE on the job & just too overworked to get into specific questions & answers right now.
A little smile & a handshake is WAY better than weeks of near total vacuum.

NOT asking you to magically be 'perfect' - that is just silly - just to sort of be around a bit more often somehow - please ?!?

Thanks for giving us the cool services;
And
Best Wishes to You and Yours.