Specific questions, issues and suggestions for the CEO Tom Mannix/Cellnuvo

Since you have to actually swipe rather than leaving it on auto pilot then you have to at least watch the ads. I don't think people could really abuse it actually thinking about it. I mean how many hands do you have? There is always the danger that the user never buys anything. I'm guessing that advertisers will eventually pull out if they do not see enough clicks/interest. However many ads are not intended to lead to direct sales - the idea behind the ad is to get you to think about the product and buy them when you do go to a store - something you cannot really track. The advertiser is only going to get metrics such as number of people viewing the ads, clicks etc. I'm not going to buy frosted mini spooners from clicking the ad but I might click to find out more about them via a click or I might think yum I am going to get some of those.

I'm not going to try to understand the business model as it is a real puzzle how these things stay in business. Perk, swagbucks, instagc etc have been going for years and they don't even require you to swipe or click half as much You can leave videos/ads running 24/7 and rack up points with just some clicks now and then. Perk lets you runs ads on 10 devices I believe. The advertisers must know what is going on and don't care - they must believe in the power of advertising to get into your mind.

Exactly. I bought some silk milk just because I saw it's ads on cellnuvo. I did not make up my mind to buy it when I saw the ads... but when I saw the product the ads in my memory affected my decision. I have to say that I have seen silk video for at least 50 times... in other words I am brainwashed.

I have some problems with swiping for credits and want to post two screenshots here. How do I do that?

You can either add as an attachment or upload to an image host and then link to it.

Easiest is the attachment. You need to be in editor mode and not just quick reply. See the "Go to editor.." link at the bottom right corner of the quick reply box? Click that and it brings up lots more options. Attachments are right under the main text box.

so what is the problem? When I swipe it takes me to a page of tapjoy, which ends with please try again. If I touch anything inside the tapjoy page, a net err connection refused notice will show up. I cannot see video and kiip either. But I can do the pollfish survey.

Bad internet/wifi connection?

I use a freedompop phone as a hotspot and I can browse all kinds of website with this phone in which cellnuvo app is installed via the freedompop phone.

Freedompop might be blocking it since they also use tapjoy within their myfreedompop app for earning extra data. No idea otherwise.

Another suggestion: It would be nice to be able to see a history of how many credits you have earned each month once the billing period has ended as well as a lifetime total.

Same for a history of how many credits you have used each month. I suppose you can determine that via the monthly voice, data and text details you already show with some simple math. The detail usage and monthly totals are really nice by the way!

the other freedompop phone works well

Boo.
4 days since the OP was posted here with no CN appearance.

According to the site's stats it appears that Tomcellnuvo last posted here over 6 days ago...and I don't know if there's any other CN rep even registered here yet.

4 pages of posts from users & not a single 'official' response.
Users politely asking for help & info & waiting patiently for folks who have simply not appeared yet.

Are they 'too busy' ?? Maybe.
Other folks we'd all hoped to hear from were also always 'too busy' to help us as well - and then they never did show up.

SO:
This is a new time with a new service.
Personally, I'd hoped these new folks would be MUCH better at the support stuff than those other folks pretended to be & never were.
I wish I could say that this is what I've seen - but it ain't happened yet.

Silly, (& likely unanswerable) question:
What is so doggone difficult about getting some folks to comprehend the importance of JUST SHOWING UP ?!?

On a brighter note my device swap was processed overnight so support is working. Unfortunately they didn't do it correctly and I have the wrong meid in my account settings and no LTE data. :frowning:

Tom said he would try to be on this past Sunday but obviously couldn't make it. One day I imagine they will be large enough to have a dedicated employee going to the forums but right now it is a lot to ask for the CEO to keep coming on here regularly. Things were very good until this past week with Tom coming on frequently. I say try to give them a little slack. I am sure they are working non stop to resolve serious issues and Tom will make an appearance to explain what has been going on shortly. In the meantime keep swiping!

Yes, this is all quite familiar to me:

I do agree - to a certain extent...big, small or otherwise - it is the same sort of problem we saw elsewhere before;
I.E.:
A tiny bit of reassurance from a trusted source goes a VERY long way;
VS.
Zero reassurance at all.

Example of a possible solution=>
CN could ask here for a volunteer go-between person to help take up the slack for a time & I'm quite sure someone would be happy to do that & that we'd all be delighted with such a simple solution.

That way the volunteer could sum things up neatly in both directions, taking very little of the CN folks' time.

Regarding number errors - the friend I put on CN got one from them & it literally took weeks before it was fixed with many attempts to reach them every which way.

For what it's worth, I heard from Tom Monday afternoon.

And on a separate note, I ported in a new line for a family member from Ting this morning,. The entire process took about 45 minutes which I thought was fantastic.

I miss self service phone swaps!! I could fix this myself.

i understand the problem now. My hotspot phone is rooted and there is an ad blocking function in it. In a folder called etc there is a file called hosts containing a huge list of advertiers. Sadly I don't know how to change this file without installing esexplorer, and I don't know which line is associated with tapjoy. It looks cellnuvo videos are from tapjoy or one of those advertisers in that list. However, I used to be able to receive kiip... Now without kiip I would not know. BTW I can still do pollfish survey but no survey in tapjoy. Interesting. I will see if I can modify the list to allow tapjoy.

On my new phone sometimes the app turns to landscape. I can't remember if there was a solution to this as you can't click to get the 15 credits in landscape so all you can do is close the app. I have rotation locked to portrait.

Same thing happens to me-- except that I CAN just barely click on the OK.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't give me the points.

Whenever I get an ad in landscape I just immediately click on "No Thanks."

BTW-- I've been getting a much higher percentage of ads, today, that don't award points. I'm guessing 40%. Pretty disheartening.

Based on your screenshot, I'd delete any line that has tapjoyads.com.