Hot Deals - General

Definitely served hot!

1 Like

I think the strategy is to get you into the store for free drink and you end up buying something else.

This is pretty good.

$3.59 after using coupon code 609RIDDL

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09H5DW57F/?creative=9325&camp=1789&tag=dealnewscom&m=A1O5T3FXFTXUES&ascsubtag=pu5yl1jx2sx4bm9aacrgyEbHPFb5PJYN

So 2 GB of data, including the hotspot, for $10.

Any idea which it is on, at&t or t-mo?

I tried to find out but got into the Boost Mobile automated attendance loop that refuse to connect me to a human, so I gave up. I checked online and, of course, lots of random articles claiming it runs on AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile towers. Who knows. Being former Sprint based, I would think T-Mobile.

Very interesting deal for those with business licenses.

I got this plan in January for $10/mo. I use it in my phone with Google Voice, and it works great. I'm in Hungary now, and the 5GB/billing cycle of high speed data, then unlimited 256Kbps (Canada, Mexico, Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, and Greece) is a great benefit!

I wish I would have gotten 2 at $10/mo, since to add another line now would be $15/mo!

I previously was using the $10/mo, 2GB/mo consumer postpaid mobile internet plan, so this was quite the upgrade!

1 Like

And separately:

$11.99 after applying coupon code ARTECK20OFF

(We bought two of these last year at a higher price and continue to use them. Our verdict: they live up to their 4.5 stars review.)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SKBLTTD?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

2 Likes

Free Samsung Galaxy A14 5G with purchase of $55 monthly plan. Total cost after delivery charge and taxes comes to approximately $70.

All PureTalk phones are unlocked out of the box, either universally or GSM. This phone is universally unlocked.

EDIT: UPDATE--BEWARE!

Please see important information discovered by Redrotors (below)

1 Like

Instant Phone Discount - Get $199.99 off your new phone purchase. By selecting the Instant Phone Discount you are agreeing to keep your mobile service active with PureTalk for 30 months. Of course, you can leave anytime, we just ask that you repay the prorated discount amount.

And...
They are shady enough to not allow you to see any of that until you enter personal information AND payment information. Thanks to privacy .com all they got from me was fake information.

2 Likes

Picked up a Pixel 6a at Metro for the deal above. In Kansas City area, total was ~$73 comprising $40 first month service, $25 activation, ~$8 taxes. Fine print said phone was $349.99 retail.

I used a TextNow number, and the port didn’t go through right away, so there Metro rep had to call her support who told us that the port may take 4-5 days because it’s a landline. So as of now, I can call out from Pixel 6a with my ported-in number, but can’t receive calls to that number on the phone until port is completed.

While at Metro, I saw deal on display placard for iPhone 11: $0 for phone, $60 first month plan, plus activation, presumably $25, plus taxes, and presumably port-in. Asked rep about deal, and was told that taxes would be “much higher because it’s an iPhone.” She said phone’s retail was $500, so taxes would be at least $50, because our sales tax here is about 10% (Kansas side of the KC metro).

She is likely wrong because if they had charged me for 10% sales tax on $349.99 retail Pixel 6a, sales tax would have been closer to $35 instead of ~$8.

What gives?

The iPhone 11 deal seems good if I paid only for one month $60 plan, $25 activation, and unknown sales tax, then wait 5 more months until it unlocks.

I would only deal with Metro online. They seem to make their own rules in the stores. Online there is no activation fee, and you only pay tax on the actual price you pay for the phone, not the retail price. Also, online the $40 plan is sufficient for the promo.

Metro store experience had always been frustrating for me, haven't tried in quite a while though.

Problem is that some of the deals may be store only. Is either deal mentioned by jamielih above available online? I looked quickly re 6a and didn't see it, possible I missed it though.

All 3 are available online.

Thanks, indeed I looked too quickly.