FreeUP coupons not crediting

I put my renewal reminder on my calendar. :slight_smile:

Wait you have to renew your free account once a month? Why?

Confused

I timed adding our second line so they would renew close to the same day-- easier for me to remember. Of course, if I forget, I'll forget both renewals. So perhaps not that clever an idea.

To keep you on your toes! (and automatically cancel free line if accountholder is MIA)

I just checked and was greeted with the "you will be past due in 22 days, update credit card information" message.

My credit card is perfectly valid but I changed to another one and still had the same problem.

I keep track in my calendar and always renew 7 days ahead of time. I renewed on Friday, April 19th, so there shouldn't be any problem.

Hopefully they can fix it.

Thanks Chelle. I thought I was going crazy as I was pretty sure I renewed mine last month too. Yes that is the same error as me and the account was reinstated. I see no reason why they wouldn't reinstate yours too. Freeup seem pretty lenient as far as reinstating accounts whether it is your fault or theirs.

They said:

FreeUP Mobile rate plans are all good for 30 days. If you do Not login to renew the current PROMO Free Starter Plan within 7 days of the renewal date, the account plan will go into Expired status...

To have it reactivated if it expires, just contact us directly and we can renew the PROMO FREE Plan on your account.

Printing coupon or video should be enough to stay active???

I don't get it

Or making a phone call

@lexusl21
Good point. Why has FU made the decision to require the accountholder to renew free plan monthly via account/billing dashboard rather than rely on rewards activity or line usage?

This "why" will be a good addition to the FU "why" list. Why when I opened a FU account months ago was I met with a message in red stating I had not chosen a default payment message when I had? The same message appeared the first 4 or 5 times I logged in and then went away not to be seen since then.

Uh oh, I don't remember renewing my FreeUP free plan the last couple months. Thanks for reminding me. Hopefully, it's still going and I haven't lost it. Fingers crossed.

Today (5/6) some good news. Double credits for 5/2 are still there - I take it for the missing 4/30, and new credits for May 3,4, and 5 arrived in one swoop.

Ditto that, almost. My one account is still missing credits for 5/1 without double credits for 5/2, so crediting is not perfect but close enough for me.

Sharing my track record (100% crediting on all coupon runs) as well as steps taken. Originally, I was using the app and it was a hit and miss thing. Then, I decided to use my Windows machine and use Firefox as the browser for the test.

I always start with the FreeUp Billaway Page to log in to the first account. Once on, I click on the Coupons tab and then the coupons.com banner which opens the new tab to coupons.com. I select one coupon (just one) and proceed to printing to a PDF file (the first coupon run requires you set up the device using the mobile device phone number which I used the FreeUp one).

Once done, I wait for the green confirmation banner to show and also go away. Once done, I click on the coupons.com icon within the same page to return to the main coupons listing. At that point, I close the tab (coupons.com) to return to the FreeUp page. At that point, I click the survey's tab. Once loaded, I move back to the coupons tab to restart the same steps for the 2nd coupon (a different one). Once done with the 2nd print and back at the FreeUp page, "logout" once I have selected the "Surveys" tab.

All browser sessions are closed prior to opening up the browser again to repeat the steps with our other account. The same coupons printed from the first account are used in the same order (printed from the first account). The 2nd results is getting credit for a total of 4 coupons (two of the same but printed under one account each).

Every time we have been credited the full $.25 on both accounts and the process does not take much time. See enclosed attachments for a visual. Hope it helps for those having trouble!

Except for a couple of days mentioned in earlier posts, my credits are correct until yesterday 5/6.

Seriously 100%? How closely have you reviewed your account for any missing credits? You are an extreme exception rather than the rule if so. I do not vary the way I print coupons and there are odd days that I simply do not get credited despite following a winning formula. It seems that others have the same issues on the same days so seems more like a general freeup fu.

fu fu...to be clear-that was not directed at u

Yep, I don't kid around when it comes to this stuff. It is for this reason I wanted to share this, as I log into our accounts every day and confirm they are crediting correctly. If others have been following this exact method, then I guess I have been lucky. This process was inspired by the experiences shared within this tread. Every coupon run I have done is confirmed. I know because I keep my saved coupons as a PDF file (using the windows PDF printer) and use the file creation dates to match that.

Only those days in which I forgot (which were 3 since I started this process) were not credited and with good reason (I did not do anything). That said, there are times in which delays took place and thus there were 2 or 3 credits applied on "one day" which were for those days that were not credited the next day. Our accounts typically get credited less than 24 hours later but there is the occasional 2 - 3 day delay. Best of luck to all on this!

Edit:
I am going to make it a point to not skip any day, so I have a constant stream of credits without fail on both accounts for the next month. Then I will report again for both. The counts starts since 05/03 since I did forget to print on 05/02 (no saved coupons on my PC), so I have a gap there that I can't measure. This should be a good way to see if my 100% stands (when printing every day without fail).

My coupon crediting has been good of late, save for not being credited for 2 coupons printed on 5/7 on one of my accounts. Funny that I always print coupons for the two accounts one right after the other and on rare occasions one account will not be credited. I can happily live with receiving $13 or $14 a month on each account for coupon printing, but what irritates me about the FU errors is living with the idea that an error can occur at any given time without rhyme or reason, which is weirdly humorous and absurd at the same time. Reminds of weather forecasting, which is acceptably accurate, but far from perfect.

My last credits we're on the 9th and today is the 12th. Anyone else seeing that?

Same for me.