FreeMii

Sorry, I missed that nuance in the process of skimming the thread, because the only way I'm ever likely to own or use an Apple mobile device is if it is issued by an employer with no alternative. No, my experiment was with a Xiaomi Mi Mix 3.

Sorry for the late reply. MMS and picture messaging does work on the iPhone.

For a quicker reply in the future, email support@freemii.com

Thanks for the question!

Regards,
Bryan
This came from freemii tech support

Any one tried red or pink yet?

Might give it a go. If it lasts 6 months the rest would be gravy.

The red and pink is in beta takes up to 72 hours from the time you activate on freemii activation page

I ordered red, was delivered blue, have a question in to support about whether that was a mistake or only blue is available. And I probably should have gone for pink, because to activate a red I would probably have to tell them an IMEI that is not for the device I actually have. Either that or just stick with blue and not sell my Tracfone sim.

Is your phone unlocked to any carrier?
Is your tracfone sim Verizon branded?

Contact freemii customer support and ask if you can exchange your blue for red. Let them know you received the wrong sim

Thanks.

According to the following URL, the APN/MMS settings are apparently the same as AT&T postpaid/prepaid: https://support.freemii.com/support/solutions/articles/65000165317-apn-set-up-blue-network-iphone-ios

I have not seen this before with an AT&T MVNO.

Phone is unlocked, but not on Verizon's blessed list. Tracfone sim is Verizon network, but was activated using a borrowed iPhone. Support inquiry was placed on the 18th.

Thanks for pointing that out. I had recognized that it was an AT&T APN, instead of the international WORLDSIM APN that was previously listed on the FreeMii site.

I did spot a couple of others using NXTGENPHONE: Boom blue, and Pix Wireless. Boom has advised that they're buying Postpaid data at wholesale rates, so perhaps this is a confirmation of that. Pix, however, is a surprise. I think Wing Alpha previously used the NXTGENPHONE, as well, but I think that's changed now.

Thanks, @KentE.

I noticed prepaidcompare.net lists info including APN for various MVNOs.

One piece of info is "MMS supported on iOS?" - Yes or No.

Boom Mobile Blue Profile

Pix Wireless Emerald Profile

Wing Alpha GSM Profile

Has anyone ordered their Verizon based service?

Across several forums, it appears several have ordered it. I haven't found a report from someone who received it. (They received AT&T instead.)

After doing a little research on David Barkley, the founder of FreeMii, I decided to give it a go and ordered the AT&T sim with a guaranteed delivery date of Sept. 7th. From what I can tell, Barkley seems well-intentioned in his effort to start a successful company, though whether he succeeds is another matter, and it could be a scam. But as others have mentioned, if things go well for 6 months or a year, one will have gotten their money's worth. On a reddit post, Barkley was scoffed at some when he mentioned he had created a technology that allowed FreeMii to operate the way it does. Yet I don't think he could say more about that technology, if unique, without revealing and losing his intellectual property rights since whatever is revealed about trade secretes or how something works, sans a patent, becomes public knowledge. Anyway, the future is hard to predict and let's hope FreeMii succeeds.

I asked for T-Mobile but they sent me AT&T which is fine for the device I'm using it in. I had issues with the device and through a few emails, texts, and phone conversations with David Barkley himself, we got it worked out and the service is up and running. In the future, I'd like to get a Verizon based one if this one works out in the long run.

Kills it for me if all they will send is att sims. If anyone hears of them sending out the others do let us know!

I read on the customer support page that both T mobile and Verizon are in beta If some one succeeds in getting one of these branded sims it would take up to 72 hours to activate. So at this point I’ll wait to Verizon brand is out of beta before shelling out another 180.00 all the costs to set this up. I currently have the AT&T branded sim active.

I contacted them about this and here is the exchange:

Let's hope it was an error in FreeMii's ordering software, but it seems odd that they wouldn't have been aware of the possible glitch before now with all recent customer orders and activations being on the AT&T network. Yet maybe it escaped their notice since they may have only a handful of customers at this juncture.

I'm impressed with FreeMii, so far at least. Got my AT&T SIM today and was activated within minutes after manual inputting the AT&T APN settings. I've been impressed by FreeMii's website, the seamless ordering, shipping, and email notifications about the transaction along the way. Sim came in a large USPS envelope and was one day late of the guaranteed delivery date due to Labor Day. It was nice that enclosed with the sim was a letter from David Barkley w/phone number saying he would like you call him directly with your feedback on the FreeMii ordering process and what you think about FreeMii.

I am also pleased with the AT&T data speeds here at home: 27 Mbps down and about 7 Mbps up on just one test so far. I sure hope this company does well.

Forgot to say: I had to change the settings on my ZTE Blade 10 from LTE only to GSM only to get data to work.

I ordered and received a FreeMii Verizon sim and it is in the activation process. According to FreeMii activation will take 1-3 business days. I'll report back upon activation