Freemii big changes

I reached out to FreeMii at: support@freemii-inc.intercom-mail.com. This is the reply I got:

Hi Dennis, a couple of accounts haven't received their credits yet. We keep the fulfillment team updated on such cases and follow up the requests for credit posting.

So I guess you should contact them there, or at 866 306 2176. Maybe it's not over yet.

Have you tried that phone number? They say to leave a number and they will call back. They haven't called me back yet.

TBH, no, I emailed. Got the number from the reply. If it doesn't work, sorry.

D.

I actually got another email from FreeMii. Confirm that number is no good, just the email.

The Freemii-provided month on my line ran out and I'm back on my old buckets. I've neither heard from them nor followed up yet.

I'm fairly certain that FreeMii is done. If you go to the website, there is no option for new customers to sign up.

I did get this response to my query about the July credit:

hank you for following up. We got an update on the credit posting.

The fulfillment team informed us that they've been working on a scheduled credit posting, likely between the 20th and 28th of the month. You'll receive an email notification when the credit is successfully posted.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

So, we'll see.

They sent me no such letter and my credit was due about 2 weeks before yours. At this point, I think they are just stringing people along.......

Thank you dnoonan for the latest update you received from freemii about the credits being applied between the 20th to 28th. I will be definitely looking out for this. If the credits are not applied by then I will be porting out to another provider

Yeah, I've got my fingers crossed, but I'm on the hunt for my US Mobile SIM, just is case...I've got a couple of months balance built up with Verizon, so I'm good for a bit.

At least, with the porting process, you deal with the provider not FreeMii.

And for me, once all was said and done - despite the onboarding hiccups - it turned out they were able to insert my FreeMii service essentially into the middle of the Tracfone line I already had, so if nothing else, I got four months of airtime out of it and this month being late doesn't cause an actual service interruption for me.

It is kind of a bummer, though, in that if I was reading the details of the Tracfone unlimited plan correctly, I think if that plan stays active it may have a rolling one-month carryover on data. The fine print seems to read that the data quota is added every month and expires in two months, so the month after a low-usage month you'd have extra available.

Maybe if they do get it working late in the month that will still happen for the period of overlap.

It does seem reasonable that they would want to try to get the system automated if possible, especially if they actually have annual customers still on board for whom they expect it to keep being a thing - if it's just for carrying out the time they promised the early adopters, I don't know how much time they could spend automating it before it would have been cheaper to do it manually - so I think there's at least a chance they're being straight with dnoonan. Guess we'll see.

Either way, it seems like either an internal miscommunication or just kind of a lousy decision to let that cause some people to see a missed monthly payment without at least warning them first.

Well, I'll keep watching but I've already made my decision. I cancelled the service. 2 years and 10 months of spotty/sketchy service on three different networks for $179.14. Works out to about $5/month.

I received the same message today. Appears to be cut and paste because it is word for word. "Likely between the 20th and 28th of the month." I received it on the 24th.

Yeah, looking like the end of a good run. Still looking for my US Mobile SIM...Hope I can port my number.

Hey Guys I been checking my Email daily so far no dice I will be porting to a tracfone sim i have that includes 1200 mins 1200 text 1200 megs for 1 year I got on Ebay for 40.00 i won on a bid. on Friday July 28th if nothing comes from freemii will update if changes happens from freemii

1 Like

The period between 20th and 28th of the month has come and gone. No credit.

Yeah...and no response, not even an automated one, to my last e-mail. I'm not terribly surprised, but disappointed that they didn't at least let us know. Like I've said before, it was a good run, no regrets. So, does anyone know of a better Verizon MVNO than US Mobile for a modest data plan? Their 5 gb for $15 is looking like where I'll be headed once I use up my balance with Verizon Pre-Paid.

Looks like plan changes at US Mobile.

OK, so now 6 gb for $18. Still pretty good. Anything I need to be aware of with US Mobile? I did the trial a while back, seemed to be pretty good. Any issues with data roaming?