Freemii big changes

FreeMii sent me an email that contained my porting details including the MDN, porting account ID, and the porting PIN. With that information, I ported the number in using the chat function on the Verizon prepaid website. You should be able to the the same with T Mobile.

Yes after creating account with tmobile prepaid, it will give 2 options, new number or porting, you can select porting and give them the phone number, account and pin details. If you do not the details, ask FreeMii and they will give you. It took less then 5 minutes for the porting to complete.

Thanks, I did it and T-mobile prepaid is working now. Freemii also refilled $50 for the second month.

Thanks. I did that yesterday and they refill the second month for me. So everything works well now.

Are you on the $50 unlimited plan with tmobile prepaid? Does the $50 credit cover that or do you have to pay extra for taxes? Thanks

Yes, if you pay by credit card, you need to pay $50+tax. If you pay by refill pin, you only need exactly $50. The $50 credit covers everything.

1 Like

okay great so the freemii credit would cover the whole thing

The FreeMii credit does cover the whole thing. The agent says that since this is a direct credit, no taxes and fees are applied.

1 Like

Also, you need to set up auto pay to get the 'unlimited' plan for $50 (Verizon prepaid). They will take from the FreeMii credit first so there's no need to worry about the charges from using a debit/credit card. Unless FreeMii is slow with the credit......

1 Like

They sent me an email on Wednesday, to the original email address I signed up with, to notify me that my first Tracfone - VERIZON credit (well, they didn't say first) has been processed for February 2023.

I've asked them repeatedly to change my email address on file to a different one, since that one can't send emails and they don't have a customer-facing ticketing system; I opened a support request after I found out that Tracfone has cracked down with Verizon's unethical device policies to let them know I had to switch to AT&T, was told to resubmit the form (despite the fact that, as far as I know, they can't actually tell any difference until the "annual account review"), and did so; and so far I don't see any credit to my account.

So that's going well...

Curious re this?
I thought device unlocking got more liberal under VZW (60 or 90 days vs. a year)?

Have they gone back to a year or does this have to do with them trying to exclude non VZW phones/SIM's/service pushing everyone onto VZW network?

I mean I consider it unethical both for them to require the SIM to be in the IMEI slot they have on file, and for them not to allow me to activate a Verizon SIM in a device that will work fine on the Verizon network just because the Verizon priesthood hasn't acknowledged it. My current daily driver is a Xiaomi Mi Mix 3; my smartwatch is...I think it's a Ticwris, don't feel like walking across the room right now; and the intended replacement for my daily driver, once it gets delivered (currently projected for October 2021), is a crowdfunded device with even less chance of being on the official list. The combination is completely unconscionable.

I don't know or care about unlocking devices now that it wouldn't even matter if this Verizon Moto E...4?...were unlocked for purposes of getting sims working in my main phone; I doubt I'll ever own another device that isn't already unlocked before I get it. After the crowdfunded one I may never own anything but Pixels again, unless Graphene expands their device support.

Edit: The specific problem, since I realize I didn't explain that part, was that my phone went from working just fine...maybe a year or two ago?...on a Tracfone Verizon SIM that had been activated using the IMEI of a device I didn't ever even own, to providing no service and telling me I'd need a new SIM because my IMEI didn't match the next time I tried to switch networks back.

I had been on Tracfone T-Mobile for a while due to...well, a complicated set of actions taken to deal with the fact that something about the order in which I'd swapped around which SIMs in which slots had caused my main line to get deactivated. Still not sure whether that issue stemmed from taking the Tracfone SIM for one line out of a SIM slot and putting the SIM for a different line on the same account back in that slot without first powering up the removed SIM in a different device, or from putting both lines in the same dual-SIM phone. I think it was the former.

I'd also very nearly decided to stay on T-Mo, because it has better coverage at my house than AT&T or Verizon, but had decided to switch back because I had TextNow and FreedomPop service on the T-Mo network if I needed it, and FreeUp and FreedomPop on AT&T, but no other way to get the Verizon network without adding unacceptable costs.

Thanks.
Good to know they are so "protective" and inflexible re devices allowed on their network.
Doubtful I'd run into some of the issues you have since my use/devices are way more mundane & mainstream but good info. to keep in mind.

Do they at least maintain an accurate and up-to-date list of devices the "priesthood" has blessed as pure enough for their sacred network?

I'm pretty sure that part of it is controlled by Verizon and applies to any MVNO activating a device on the Verizon network, unless there are any that let you do it without providing an IMEI, and it's always been that way as far as I know, since back when you basically couldn't have a compatible-but-not-blessed phone.

It's taking an activated SIM and use it in a compatible-but-not-blessed IMEI that used to work and doesn't anymore.

Ahh, that is the crux. I knew about and even once or twice used that activate in another phone route quite a while ago. Thanks for clarifying that door is now shut short of IMEI spoofing.

Hello FreeMiiers: On February 24th I transferred my Freemii number to Cricket Wireless (one of freemii's sponsored providers. I set this up on my own expenses of 55.00. FreeMii sent me an EMail of the order to get my 50.00 expense reimbursement. Haven't received it yet. My question does any one know when Freemii will start applying the monthly credits? I did submit the number transfer conformation form I did verify they did received this on their end. I am on the 50.00 including auto pay plan.
My next payment of 50.00 slated tol come out on my on file debit April 2nd, unless Freemii Applies the credit before April 2nd.

Thank you for your answers

I did the enrollment and original set up on Verizon Pre-Paid on my own dime. I never made any attempt to recoup that expense. I have had 2 $50 credits made by FreeMii to the Verizon account so far.

Thank you dnoonan: For the quick replay. May I ask how does Freemii apply the credits? Do they require pin or something?

Thank you

Then send an email like this one about two weeks before the payment is due. No pin. It goes directly to my account balance and is applied to the payment on it's due date.

FreeMii Credit Processed
Hi XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,
This is to notify you that your Verizon Prepaid credit has been processed for March 2023.
Thank you for being a FreeMii member!
Regards,
FreeMii

Thank you sblake5: I'll be looking for a E Mail similar to this.