Breaking News: CV line active on Red Pocket / Sprint with new number

I asked redpocket they suggested ##72786#

Also ##873283# What is that?

Do you know which the PRL or Profile update gives you back mobile data.?

my Galaxy S3 is weird it needs wifi for one and then when I get mobile data it likes that for the other, I forget which is which

"Also ##873283# What is that?"

For iPhones.

##873283# is the code for "update" (spells update on a number keypad). I think this code is used by some iPhones, but I was surprised when dealing with Sprint customer service recently when they had me do that one instead of ##72786#, even though the phone was a budget android a couple of generations old. (It worked by the way, with exactly the same process as ##72786#.)

PRL is a location file for towers, and should help with signal reception. Profile sets up data permissions, etc. (rough explanation). Under the best of circumstances, I think Profile update will update carrier info, but it's not as definitive as doing a carrier reset. Carrier reset wipes the old carrier information from a phone, so it is forced to look for updated carrier information.

I believe on android the ##UPDATE# works on some phones too. I think they do roughly the same thing but ##72786# is more comprehensive as it resets everything first.

To those who still receive the redpocket customer service message. I've been trying ##873283# and ##72786# repeatedly for the past hour and I now have the ability to call etc using the 331 number. So keep trying!

That's good to hear! Glad your line is working like most of ours are (at least with a 331 number of course :slight_smile: )

Another point of information that answers some questions but causes others. If you check your account status at https://my.redpocketmobile.com/

Your Red Pocket Account
Wireless Number:
331xxxyyyy
Account Status:
Active
Account Plan:
Essential Plan
Plan Expiration Date :
September 23rd, 2017
Available Voice Minutes:
Available Text Messages:
Available High Speed Data (MB):

One piece of the puzzle, unfortunately not a corner piece or even an outer edge, just a random few middle pieces !!!

It is asking me to register first. Did you do that?

What's default password to login?

All- we will provide all of you more infomation on services/plans/upgrades as soon as possible. Until then, please send your questions to support@cellnuvo.com instead of any third party. Thanks

I think we should all try to avoid reading too much into what we might see on RedPockets dashboard, or what RedPocket's CS has to say at this point.
CellNuvo has mentioned this in several of the threads.

We need to remember that Red Pocket is helping to work out this solution, but as an intermediate step they're probably forced to shoehorn any information into a system not designed to reflect their arrangements with CellNuvo. Just because it's the "only way" for them to currently display information doesn't mean it's the correct information. I imagine Red Pocket will have to adjust their platform to accommodate this, too.
And the Red Pocket CS agents are trying to be helpful in responding, but the situation and details are also completely new to them, and very possibly not their responsibility long-term. I suspect there will be as many wrong answers as right answers from that avenue.

Wow that was a battle reading through all these posts since I've been out all day today. Both of our phones are working fine now, calls and data both. Looking forward to getting our numbers back though so people can actually call and text us again. When calling our old numbers it says they're not in service.

And very much looking forward to seeing how much silver It will cost to pay for this new service.

Prl update no work on my Samsung s4

Hi. I've been trying but not successful yet. How do you know when it goes through? Thank you.

You said it Don20!!
Praying that we'll get our original phone numbers back very soon (hopefully by next week)!!

One line worked right away after the prl update and the profile update. The other line I did the updates twice, then powered if off for a few hours. When I powered it back on it was working fine. You can tell it's working because you can make calls and get on the internet.

how soon?

So regarding the 25% or 10% choices, it sounds like we have the choice of getting the 25% bonus for 4 months, or the 10% bonus for 16 months (since it said "until" 2018 or "until" 2019) -- is that how everyone else interprets that wording as well?

That is how I understood it.

Have done PRL updates numerous times on a ZTE Speed, Galaxy Core Prime, & Galaxy S6, & so far not able to use voice, SMS, or data.

Also tried ##72786# multiple times on each phone, with above results.

Might be a tower issue I suppose. Will email support to see what else can be done.