Beta testing the new app

I don't know whether or not my CellNUVO phone is working, at the moment (it's currently charging in the other room)-- but I haven't used a single credit, yet, and don't plan to actually use the phone anytime soon. I'm just interested in building credits, at this point.

They're definitely crediting properly. I just checked my account.

I'll keep accumulating credits using my Stylo, since it's easier on my eyes, and the activate my Tribute when I'm ready to use it.

Okay for the fun of it I had loaded the app onto another phone. It activated just fine with the code generated in my account. I can earn credits on this non cellnuvo phone.

You can still only have it on one device though. The app won't work on my cellnuvo phone now.

Funnily I finally got the survey page to load and proceeded to try it out and earned 440 silver for a grubhub survey for 5 minutes. Lots of sorry your answers disqualified you though on other surveys. I tried about 6 or 7. Not sure why I couldn't get to the survey page on my cellnuvo phone. I've switched the activation back to my cellnuvo phone and I cannot get to them again!

Pooh.
Too bad thats not yet an option !!
I've a wifi-only device that is right in front of me at my desk & could use it at any odd spare minute throughout the day if it started working on more than just 1 device per account...maybe someday.

They now have an odd credit awarding scheme going:

1. Usual video ads like malty wheats 15 silver (doubled to 30 for beta testers)
  2. 32 second qiip video 10 silver (no doubling unless these are meant to be 5 though these are already labelled as 10)
  3. Short new video ads eg hampton inn lasting 6 seconds - 10 silver (I guess 5 doubled to 10)
  4. Longer new ads about 15-30 seconds each eg Persil, planters - 5 credits initially followed by an extra 10 (no apparent doubling there)

New beta update - - modified the ad loading routine again. V1.50b

Now when you swipe and there is no ad it does not go to the annoying offer screen - it now has a screen saying "swipe to search again" Hitting back is faster than swiping again for me. There is also a little lag between the swipe and the screen so sometimes it seems like your swipe hasn't registered. Hopefully they fix this. You can do the 3 swipe thing again though - probably because of the lag.

The offer screen appears on a left swipe for me now.

This is definitely a step in the right direction, but it needs one more tweak:

When you swipe on that screen it currently takes you back to the main screen, like the Back button would. Then you have to swipe again, to look for an ad.

The tweak would be to make it go directly to looking for an ad, with one swipe-- instead of requiring two swipes.

Yes agreed

i remove other google accounts from my phone and found that update for cellnuvo but you know what it just initiates downloading but never goes through.... the update cannot be done for me.

Sounds like you might be using a VPN or a data saving app like Opera Max. Make sure that there's nothing standing between you and the Play Store.

OK I added the New app on my samsung victory phone. Android 4.1.2 It is BUGGY as hell

1. On the bottom of the screen where it says silver used and silver needed. Superimposed on top is "swipe left fot super silver and then over the silver used it says " swipe right for quick silver

2. Where it says silver awarded the last digit was on the next line. That seemed to fix itself.

3. Also last night I was getting to the earn silver screen when there were no ads. Sometimes it would load forever.

4. After an ad. Credits are not added to my total right away. Sometimes not at all. Sometimes a delay of minutes (up to 5)

I just did 2 ads and no silver credit at all yet. over 5 min and still no silver for the 2 ads I just did. The earn silver page took 20 seconds to load and sometimes is frozen for 5 minutes

The old app worked just fine on this phone. It was fast and no delays in silver or to earn screen.

1. Way less ads then on old app. I thought this was to be better earning opportunity.

2. The new notification in the notification bar is annoying. Serves no purpose imho

I will give this another day, but sadly I think I must go back to old app

After doing about 10 ads I have got 0 silver for them. Just wasted my time, but the ads were nice. lol

1. You'll get the overlapping text if you have your system font set to large, extra large or huge. Change it to medium.

2. If you watch the ads through a VPN or data saving app it won't award you any credits.

ALL my points earned to date just doubled. Like all 70k of them.

Tom mentioned a doubling when the pre release version goes live to everyone. Maybe this was it?

Nope. Everyone doubled. Even non beta.

Yes everyone (inc non beta) were supposed to double when they were ready to release the app to the public.

Just wondering if they are done with the beta program already...

I hope we get some kind of announcement tomorrow.

If you go to the website the prices per unit of everything have increased. 20 for talk and mb.. 3 per txt message.

They almost seem to be doing the opposite of what everyone suggests.

Baffling.

Looks like the new app is released to everyone - announcement on the website.

They changed how much you earn per ad

All part of why your old point s doubled as they are now worth half of what they were

Those 5 credit ads only buy 1/4 of a megabyte, now.

And they burn a megabyte in the process.

It's almost like they WANT people to leave.

Paying for data or minutes of talk has become cheaper.... $10 for 9000 credits