Beta testing the new app

How do I get the app updated? After click the link in the email and confirm that I am one of the testers, what else do I need to do? Just wait and the app will automatically update or I will have to go to Google play to update it .manually?

You can do either one.

I honestly recommend against the new app, however.

And I recommend it!

I've made 6000 silver since 9pm last night just with the ads. Double points alone is worth it. So just a few hours since I was asleep most of the time :slight_smile:

I'm not interested in data use - wifi only for me.

Just remember this is a beta program and there will be several updates over time. If you want something changing say so and it might get changed. Give it some time too. They have made some small tweaks already.

I want to try but no update for this hog yet.

I sent a letter to Tom.

I don't know how you got so many ad points. I was only able to get a few hundred credits before I gave up.

I have to swipe 20 individual times to get a single ad.

And I'd rather get 15 credit ads in the old app than doubled 5 point ads in the new app.

6000 credits is 600 ads at 5 points, each, that are then doubled.

You just suckered me into reinstalling the beta and nothing has changed. It still takes 20 individual swipes to get one ad.

It would take 12,000 swipes to view 600 ads.

The economics have gotten preposterous.

I'm guessing that you have multiple gmail accounts and can toggle between them in the Play Store.

I found that the update won't come through, however, unless you go into your Chrome browser and sign out of all accounts except the one that's tied to your CellNUVO account.

Sorry to hear it isn't working well for you Chelle. That seems to be the way with cellnuvo - some have it good and others not so. It flips back and forth too as sometimes I have terrible periods and just have to put it down for another day.

Right now I am not getting many 5 point ones. Most are the 15 point ones doubled to 30. That is 200 ads for 6000 credits. I had one period when it was 20 swipes a ad for about 30 minutes but the rest has been 1-4 swipes.

Funnily I have received no surveys at all.

Anyone else in the beta test program?

thank you chelle and mmfacemm . i will try.

Kiips are back but unfortuantely they are a 32 second ad for 5 silver (doubled to 10).

I saw that.

I was hoping that the new app would make it easier to earn credits, rather than harder.

I noticed that the 5 credit ads are behaving differently, now. Instead of being doubled to 10 they're being credited as 5 and then another 10 are being added, afterward, after the next click. I suspect that it's a back-office way of turning 5 credit ads into 15 credit ads without having to do a bunch of reprogramming.

I thought Tom said the beta would have better credit opportunity?

I have not yet and now afraid to do it. 5 point ads are nuts. imho

How did you get the 30 point ads?

Credits are doubled for beta testers so the usual 15 credit ads are 30 and the 5 credit ones are 10.

I have seem maybe 25% more ads than normal and the double credit means I am making a lot. But YMMV. They have a new ad partner so the variety of ads has increased. I do think the new ads should be worth more though.

great

Okay they updated the beta app. They managed to fix the annoying lag on the 'silver awarded' counter so it updates at the same time as the balances now. Great stuff. Glad they are listening. They also state in the app notes that they 'modified the ad loading routine' but everything feels the same to me. I can't tell any other differences.

It is taking many swipes to get ads right now and had been an hour ago before I updated to the new beta. Probably just the time of day. I'll see if it speeds up later like normal or not.

I just realized that you can activate the CellNUVO app on a phone other than your CellNUVO phone. I don't know why I assumed that the app would be married to the device.

I just installed it on a phone with a larger screen so that I don't go cross-eyed looking at these ads. A 5.7" Stylo is a LOT nicer to look at than a 5" Tribute HD.

From what I can tell it is supposed to be married. When you input the code the pop up mentions things like contacting them if your phone service isn't working after 5 minutes. I would double check your tribute still works for calls etc.

Also when I swapped devices the old one could still get ads as well as the new one but the ads on the old phone would not credit. I thought I hit the jackpot and had a working app on two devices. So make sure they are actually crediting.

Interesting AND concerning !!
I had asked Tom directly about whether it may be possible to use it on multiple devices concurrently for getting credits;
He replied that it was 'in the works' - maybe this has begun with the testing version...or not ?!?