Any updates on the transition?

Ting should be able to release the device you cancel.

Once you receive the email from Ting, you'll be able to select each device independently and plot it's course. If they're all on different emails with Ting, you'll start with multiple accounts. Even if there is more than 1 device in an account, you'll be able to work with each one separately and decide whether to cancel, port, or choose a Ting plan.

On another forum, LiterallyUnlimited (a very helpful Ting employee, also active in this thread) said that we won't be able to move between the 2 special plans-- so pick the one you want to stay with.

tech-stitch is right -- Ting will automatically release your phone as soon as you cancel a line or port it out. (This is one of the reasons you want to follow up on the Ting migration and cancel any line you don't want to keep, rather than figuring it will eventually cancel if you don't do anything at all.) Ting has also been very good in the past about being willing to assist if a phone doesn't release properly, even if you've gone another direction.

The one possible gotcha with phones being released is devices purchased straight from FreedomPop-- these were locked to FreedomPop for 6 months after purchase, and should have been released at the end of that period. But I don't know how good a job FreedomPop did of automatically doing those releases, and whether there will be anyone at FreedomPop inclined to assist. (And I don't know if Ting has any control over the SIM-lock on phones bought directly from FreedomPop-- this is different than a standard release. I wouldn't be surprised if Ting has thought about this and has a plan in mind.....)

I just checked one of mine, and it has not changed. I doubt we're going to see something like that happen without emailed notification.

Thanks. I am looking forward to what RP will offer through FP and Unreal. The announcements so far have been promising.

Nope, only option is to choose one plan, port or cancel for ALL of the devices on the account :ohmy: . They say you can port or cancel thereafter individually. But no mention of what to do in my case where I want one 6/4 and one 20/20.

Wow, that's unexpected. (I spoke from my prior eperience moving multiple lines through multiple accounts at Ting, both during the RingPlus migration and later, since I haven't gotten the Ting 'proceed' email yet-- and I only had one device on each of my FreedomPop accounts..)

RoadRanger, did you have all 5 devices on one account at Freedompop? (Most users would have set these up on multiple email accounts instead of one common account.)

Where did your answer come from? If not from the specialized team at freedompop@ting.com , you might try asking for assistance there, or LiterallyUnlimited may provide advice.

I could understand if Ting wants you to accept the migration for the entire account to Ting first (that step sounds like primarily agreeing that you give Ting the authority to handle your lines), and then deal with each line individually as to choice of cancelling/porting/plan selection for each of the individual lines-- but it seems there should be a way to accomplish what you want to do.

Sorry, I took a day off and I wasn't here to answer.

Yes, claim all lines and once you've got the account active call us before your billing cycle ends and we'll cancel the lines you don't want. We didn't build in a pick-and-choose cancellation feature into the claim flow.

LiterallyUnlimited, on RoadRanger's specific situation-- will s/he be able to do one $20 plan and one $6+$4 plan from multiple devices that were on the same FreedomPop account? It seems that possibility would exist for FreedomPop migrants who have multiple one-line FP accounts, since it seems they would migrate as separate new Ting accounts.

An associated question I'll run into soon..... I had a FreedomPop account under the same email address I use on a currently active, pre-existing, Ting account. I believe Ting tracks accounts by email address. Will this throw a wrench in the gears? (Will my migrated FP line be combined with my existing Ting email account, or ?)

Each account can choose one plan or the other. Though, they absolutely could choose 6+4, cancel the one they want 20/20 on (or port it away) and start up a new Ting account with 20for20 (regular promo at start.ting.com/20for20). It's not the FreedomPop deal, and it's not first-month-free, but the plan results are the same.

However, the specialized team at freedompop@ting.com would be more-equipped to answer the detailed questions like that. It's worth reaching out and asking them before going my route.

As to your question, no wrench. You'll actually like the answer: https://www.reddit.com/r/ting/comments/cel2ad/freedompop_migrated_users_no_wifi_calling_or/eu5ui4p/?context=10000

tl;dr if you already have an existing Ting account, your FP CDMA account basically bought you the promo rate for ALL lines on your account while the promo is active. After this time, everything as expected goes back to standard Ting rates.

Thanks, Literally_Unlimited.
I've been trying to keep up with the various forum threads where discussion about this is taking place-- Howard Forums, Reddit FreedomPop & Ting subforums, etc.-- but obviously I'm missing stuff as answers are provided.
I see your name pop up frequently across those forums. You specifically, and the Ting Social Care Team, have been doing a great job of handling questions!

I was a very early customer, before it was common knowledge that was the way to go. I also have 4 other accounts with single devices on each.

Strangely enough I live in a tiny "no service" zone on the Sprint coverage map - but I'm moving (2 miles north) on Tuesday and could definitely use that 20GB deal on my hotspot. Does anyone know what happens if you go over 20GB?

I also have one of the AT&T hotspots but RedPocket hasn't come out with a decent data deal for those yet - 250MB a month free or $20 for 1GB isn't competitive ...

Considering redpocket bought the rights to the freedompop name it appears as if everything is simply status quo for now with the gsm side. I doubt we'll see any switching deals since the plan seems to be to continue the same freedompop service and simply expand it over time.

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3695/~/what-to-expect-now-that-freedompop-has-partnered-with-red-pocket%3F

Hard cap. Data throughput stop until your next billing cycle.

It is very generous of them to allow us to continue our amazing rate plans.
ALSO: It is very nice to know that the sim kits I bought at $15 will be honored!

Agreed.

LiterallyUnlimited writes: "As to your question, no wrench. You'll actually like the answer: www.reddit.com/r/ting/comments/cel2ad/freedompop_migrated_users_no_wifi_calling_or/eu5ui4p/?context=10000

tl;dr if you already have an existing Ting account, your FP CDMA account basically bought you the promo rate for ALL lines on your account while the promo is active. After this time, everything as expected goes back to standard Ting rates. "

That's a really nice offer. Just realized I may still have a wrench in the works-- my existing Ting line with the same email address is a GSM line.....so I understand the existing line isn't eligible for either of the 2 CDMA rates.

So for Ting Option 1: $6 unlimited talk and text + $4/GB Option 2: $20 unlimited talk and text + 20GB data + first month free. Does that mean one can get 20GB free the first month, then cancel and walk away?

Yes. Ting is banking on a significant percentage deciding they like having 20GB.

BTW I've been seeing offers from Ting for $25 for 30GB on a Franklin R850 bought from them - I'd guess you can transfer your R850 to that if the $20 20GB deal runs out?

Au contraire, if your existing Ting account is GSM, CDMA or Hybrid (what we call accounts with both), ALL LINES on the account, regardless of network, adopt the promo rate.

We debated locking GSM out for this niche situation, but it just wasn't worth the extra man-hours to make it a reality. That makes this niche offer the cheapest T-Mobile MVNO plan I've ever seen.

While both offers are promotional, only the 20/20 FP deal and the 20for20 promo have a set end date. Everything else ($15 t/t, $45 t/t/d, Franklin $25/30GB) has nothing in stone about expiration. Though the $25/30GB is restricted to the serial numbers from our shop. You cannot BYOD on the $25/30GB deal.