Any updates on the transition?

Were you subscribed to a plan already under this new account?

No. But it seems I now have an account with ting.

That's (screenshot) what I see. When I go to the site and enter my details, the following is the response:

We found your number. It will soon be ready to migrate to Ting, but we're still crunching some of the data needed to move you over. Please try again in a few hours.

At this point, I am just waiting for the details to cancel that account and free up the device to be sold.

Well what I learned was this

Glad I went with my gut and I never went with FreedomPop.

FreedomPop was no different than ringplus.

Most startups fail

"I only post/read on nthcircle forum"

I disagree with your assessment of FP as a failed startup and comparison to R+.

Red Pocket acquired Freedompop (brand) and its non-Sprint customers from STS Media for a significant amount of money.

"Unnamed sources told Reuters earlier this month that the deal for FreedomPop was valued in the 'high eight figures.'" https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/red-pocket-mobile-buys-mvno-freedompop

I do have to say that I do not regret having used FreedomPop. Sure, they sold out and then transitioned customers accordingly, but I sure got more than I paid for. In fact, with the exception of one account which was topped up with $10.00 and a $0.01 cent charge on a dormant account, I paid nothing except the devices I purchased and the $0.99 cent SIM cards (some of which came with a cheap powerbank).

Should the same happen with FreeUp, I will be thankful for the "free service" provided (since I actually print coupons thus technically paying with my time).

Whilst that sounds great you have to put it into context of how much funding freedompop have had over the years. That seems to be around the $110 million mark which is more than high eight figures. I wouldn't deem that a great success but the fact they were able to sell the business is respectable. Certainly not a failure like ringplus.

Freedompop was great in the early days but as mvnos became a lot cheaper and FP's reputation for dirty tricks grew I lost interest in them quickly. At the end I just used them for free number porting. I'll miss that.

It could be a place holder created by Ting as my number is under Ting now.
Freedompop site already shows my account is not active anymore.
Under Ting's account, I didn't see any information there except my name, email, phone number.
The port out information is on ting.com/freedompop once you enter your information.
I will try to port out the number see how it works.

Just to clarify, we're doing the rollout in stages. Once you receive the email from us, you can use ting.com/freedompop to action your lines. Pick one of our plans, port out or cancel. Your choice.

Until you receive the email, you'll get the "crunching numbers" message, including for accounts with multiple lines.

You start Ting with a clean slate. No FP credits, no FP suspensions, no FP rollover, no FP prepaid months. We've heard from FP that they have a plan in place for people who prepaid, but that affected customers should contact FP tech support :S to start that process.

You no longer need to use an app to make calls or send texts. Your phone's native apps should work once migrated. You may need to profile update, but you nthers are old hat at that so I won't bore you with the details on how to do that.

If you received the email but are having trouble migrating, we have a specialized team to help you at freedompop@ting.com

Once you're onboard, you're just a regular Ting customer and get to enjoy the benefits. We're under some heavy Customer Service load from the FP acquisition, but we should be back to normal levels in very little time.

Source: I work for Ting. AMA about this FP thing, now that we can talk freely.

LiterallyUnlimited, can you tell us if MiFi devices will be migrated as well? If so, how will that work-- will they become standard 'phone' lines? Among other issues, they don't have a phone #.

Yes, MiFi devices will be migrated as well and given the option of 6+4 or 20/20. They have a phone number to connect to the network, but you cannot call them.You'll see the phone number they have on your Ting dashboard. If you see a number you don't recognize, it's probably a MiFi.

If you choose either plan, you simply won't use the talk/text portions of the plan and it becomes $10/1GB(and thus $14/2GB and $18/3GB) OR $20/20GB for all migrated MiFi devices. I'm partial to the $20/20GB for MiFi devices, because I can't find anyone else that supports Sprint BYOD (even VMU and BST branded) with $1/GB for unthrottled standalone MiFi devices. This means we do. Even if it is promotional -- It's not like we're forcing you to keep it if and when it goes back to regular Ting rates.

I thought they said there was going to be special rate for FreedomPop users? Is there a special rate for FreedomPop or just regular taking rates?

real_lexusl21 , the $6 + $4/GB is definitely a special rate for FP migrants. ($10 for unlimited talk/text + 1 GB, additional data at $4/GB.)
The $20/20GB rate is available to anyone who knows where to look, but is not widely publicized, so it's a 'semi-special' rate.

Kent is correct. The 6+4 rate is not available to anyone except FP customers. The 20for20 while not publicized, is not common and was designed exclusively to be promotional. It's unknown if it's going to be extended at this point, but we'll know more once the dust has settled. For now, assume that both plans are set to expire at the end of 2019 (defaulting to Ting rates) and if that timeline changes, we'll give it to you in writing.

Thanks for the info. I think that is a great offer. Better than r+ people got

Is that $6 talk and text

or $6 talk$6 text

Two questions for LiterallyUnlimited which I am sure everybody is curious about:

1. Has a deadline been established regarding how long a user gets before requiring a decision regarding that line? Would it be of the number days after receiving the email, or is there a final date that applies to everybody?

2. Also, would it be accurate to say that anybody who does nothing will just have the line cancelled automatically?

It's $6 total for unlimited talk AND unlimited text.I haven't gone through the transition yet, so I don't know whether one can elect to use no data. (I know we have some members here who only use talk/text.)

Yes, we learned from R+ and adjusted accordingly. The response is generally positive, but a LOT of it centers around our regular rates, or that the promo is set to expire and revert to regular rates, as if we somehow hooked the customers into a contract they'll be forced to pay for. Nah. If before our rates kick in you're not cool with us anymore for any reason, you KNOW you can always leave.

It is $6 for talk and text combined. It's a new thing we're looking at. We've never done it like that before.

There is no set deadline to do anything at this stage, though that may change. At some point we'll start forwarding outbound calls to our specialized FP team at freedompop@ting.com to encourage the user to take action one way or the other.

We've got some plans for beyond that, but realistically anyone at that point might have just forgotten they had a FP line and might not be reachable or aware there is a problem. Thus is the curse of disposable email addresses and free service (RIP).

If you use no data, you will not be charged the $4. If you only use the talk/text, it'd just be $6 + taxes. But that also includes all the benefits that talk/text gets you on Ting, including no-extra-charge international calls to 60+ countries: http://ting.com/international_calling

Hidden gem I think people are missing here. We just gave FP CDMA customers $6 unlimited calling to
Canada FREE
China FREE
Germany FREE
India FREE
Israel FREE
Mexico FREE
Puerto Rico FREE
United Kingdom FREE.

Does anyone still have Freedompop or Unreal Mobile (AT&T)? I would like to know if it has changed to true cellular yet? Unreal Mobile has unlimited talk/text with 1gig of LTE for $7 per month when you buy 3 months at a time. This seems like a really good deal once it is true cellular. Thanks

I have 5 devices on my account - but I only want to keep two of them, one on 6/4 and one on 20/20. How do I accomplish that? Also can we move a device between the 6/4 and 20/20 plans if we need to? Do devices we cancel become "unlocked" so that they can be activated with another Sprint MRVO? I might want to sell or give away my others...