Activation Issues

Very strange! Maybe that's a good thing: If the original CN number shows as "captured" by Red Pocket, it's more likely to be recoverable. I don't know how they would hold the number without the device attached, but it still sounds like hopeful info.

i just checked my three old cellnuvo numbers in redpocket refill and found an interesting thing. Two of them, which have been replaced by 331 numbers, returned a result that my account could not be found. The third one, which is replaced by a 000-000-@@@@ number, returned a result saying that my account has $10, 250 min, 500 sms, and 100 M 4g lte data.

is this my account? or my old cellnuvo has been recycled by someone who signed up for redpocket service?

Looks like 1 of the 3 devices we have has service. And just like 1 would expect, it's no longer available to activate on Ting. The other 2 await service.

So, maybe just wait for now. Dang.

how did you get this one work? i remember none of your three phones worked?

I get the impression that the fix requires co-ordination between CellNUVO, Redpocket and Sprint and that it is being done on a line by line basis and through existing communication channels and not through a dedicated team.

Sprint is probably the bottleneck.

This is going to go on for a while.

I am not sure it necessarily will.

It would be a fairly simple task to compare the file of all accounts transferred with the current file and identify which lines do not have the correct temporary area code. At that point, it should be fairly easy to do an account refresh for those ones.

It seems exceedingly improbable that there are large numbers of non-functioning lines each of which has an entirely unique problem.

The real issue is probably a question of who needs to do this and what pressure can be brought to bear to move it to the top of the To Do List.

Indeed, the work to figure out what needs to be done is simple.

The issue is to do with making the changes in the system(s).

I suspect that if the systems work was controlled by CellNUVO, then it wouldn't take long. Add Redpocket into the mix and now there is co-ordination required with people in a low cost MVNO who have other things to do in their day job. Add Sprint into the mix and then you have the problems of dealing with a large company that isn't going to prioritize the needs of a minor MVNO (much less one with an advertising revenue model seeing how R+ behaved) when they have major promotions running for 1 year free on Sprint and Virgin.

I would also imagine that some of the system data that was managed by the partner carrier that shut down was in Sprint's system. Customer records need to be recreated in Redpocket's systems and aligned with Sprint's system as well as CellNUVO's.

If account refreshing and provisioning was all that was involved, it wouldn't be taking this long.

We will, of course, never find out what actually happened.

For what it is worth, it think you have nailed it.:slight_smile:

Of course, if CellNuvo previously used a (hidden) MVNO partner, there may be a 4th entity in the mix for fixes. It's possible that this is where the primary database for line activations (matching phone # & MEID) was stored & managed.
Frankly, I doubt that Sprint cares at all whether CN has an ad-supported model. Sprint gets paid n cash, as does CellNuvo. The ad-support function happens between us and CellNuvo.

The big unknown is CellNUVO's internal capacity to diagnose and remedy the situation.

If indeed primary operational functions were outsourced, then the learning curve for CellNUVO is steep and a lot of time may have been wasted simply determining how to proceed.

One thing is certain--if it is taking 11 days in 2017 to switch accounts within the Sprint network then either the people who are actively managing the process do not have the necessary technical skills and access to handle the task efficiently or those who are so equipped externally to do this work do not view it as an important priority.

All of this notwithstanding, there is only one explanation for the company's lack of communication on the matter--keeping users informed is not a high priority. One can argue whether it ought to be or not, but the fact that it is not is indisputable.

You would be surprised how individuals in a corporation act according to their own objectives rather than what shareholders would expect them to do.

CellNUVO are likely a nuisance to Sprint's employees tasked with working on more important things. And since Sprint entered into an agreement with R+ where they didn't get paid, who knows what their agreement with CellNUVO says.

CS Geralyn
Support Agent
CS Geralyn
Hello. How may I help you?
Hi, Mark!
Hi
I was with cell nuovo and they put on on red pocket
CS Geralyn
Okay. Is this for the phone number xxxxxxxxxx?

Yesterday yan told me he would check my number to see if they could get my phone working. Yes that's my number
It will not do prl update. Cell nuvo told me try that and it didn't work
CS Geralyn
Please give me few minutes to check on it.

We can activate new account for you, Mark, and we will try to retrieve your old number. However if the number has been cancelled with Cellnuvo, we may no longer retrieve it.
Mark
I just want to make sure I dont lose my 230,000 points I got at cellnuvo for watching ads
And cell nuvo said we get a certain amount of free minutes text and data
There are a lot of people on nth circle forum that have exact problem I'm having . Prl not updating
CS Geralyn
I am checking on that, Mark, but with regards to the points, we are not sure if those will be transferred over as we do not have that program.
Would you mind sending them email at support@cellnuvo.com?
I've tried and they say keep trying prl update. Didn't work.
CS Geralyn
That is because it is not yet associated with any number.

So what do I need to tell cell nuvo that will get my phone working
CS Geralyn
Please check with them if we can still port the number over and if not, we may need to activate new number.

I think CS Geralyn gave the correct responses.

She really should have only said you need to contact cellnuvo since our relationship is with cellnuvo.

She doesn't say anything wrong but what she is talking about is signing up to redpocket fresh.

These support agents will have no idea about the cellnuvo-redpocket relationship and are there to get you to sign up directly to redpocket.

Yes it is so much easier to get in contact with redpocket but I highly doubt they can help you individually and I strongly advise against it.

"She really should have just said you need to contact cellnuvo since your relationship is with cellnuvo."

You are correct.

In customer service it is often the practice to add a little more than necessary to make the customer feel he/she is being heard and not limit the interaction to purely transactional elements. Customers tend to like being listened to even if the service agent cannot address the specific concern.

I do not know if that is what happened here or not. It may simply have been the case the agent was trying to understand an unfamiliar situation that was not covered in the standard script.

Geralyn from Red Pockets knows, but CN seems clueless.

And the other red pocket interaction I had said the port was cancelled

I can see why you say that based on what we have been told.

At the same time I would not go that far since I feel certain there are people within the company who do know what is going on. It is probably just the case that those we interact with are not fully in the picture. If the company's internal communications are on par with its communications with users that would not be very surprising.:slight_smile:

Oldbooks1 you are right :slight_smile:

I'll just go remove my battery now and wait. And then do a PRL & Profile update afterward. Then do a ##72786#. And then manually program MSID & MDN (000-000-xxxx). If that still doesn't work then I'll just email support for further assistance.

You are being sarcastic, aren't you?