Activation Issues

Well for me I would want to know if my line was one of the broken ones or one of the good ones. Might save some trouble later. Or you might save trouble waiting. Not really sure what is best. Seems like a 50:50 gamble here.

I don't see a problem waiting, as long as the wait doesn't exceed some unknown period (perhaps 30 days?) when CellNuvo/Red Pocket might consider it an abandoned line. CellNuvo should provide directions/information/updates far before that happens.
I've waited 3 weeks to provision a phone before (on a Sprint MVNO) with no issues, and haven't tried to do so with my CN devices yet. (Just because it's too far down my to-do list, and I have another phone.)
On the other hand, there's no particular point in waiting here: It seems most (?) phones have transitioned fine, but if yours is one with problems you could politely let CN know about it, and wait patiently in line for a fix while you have plenty of lead time.

"I don't see a problem waiting, as long as the wait doesn't exceed some unknown period (perhaps 30 days?)"

One issue that occurs to me, and I do not know the exact rule, is whether waiting 30 days (depending on when the count starts) might impact ability to recover the CellNUVO number. That seems to me at least to be an issue of a different nature than provisioning a phone where each carrier might have its own (probably not widely publicized) practices.

Yes I wouldn't wait 30 days. A week might be fine.

I just checked my zte speed phone with a 000-000-abcd number on redpocket with meid and meid-dec and found that it could be activated in redpocket, which means that the phone is not in redpocket system yet.

Yep me too. Just checked device at Red Pocket Mobile and my device is currently not in Red Pocket's system but is ready to be activated with them or with any other providers.

Well, I feel really special and it is not even my birthday.

Red Pocket Refill shows I have an active line with the old CellNUVO number.

Red Pocket Activate indicates my device is ready for immediate activation.

So apparently, my device is both currently on Red Pocket and available to be activated on Red Pocket.

Sometimes the world is a very confusing place.:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

How did you know without a password?

On Refill, you just enter the phone number and up pops a box with the number and the amount of units available currently.

Sounds like a privacy leak.

Interesting--my CN number on Refill says it cannot be found. The new, 331 area code of course is found and offers to let me reload it.

It's pretty obvious many of our devices are not even in Red Pocket's system. It's beyond me on why CN support is not even acknowledging this and is making us go through all the hoops that does nothing to update PRL and Profile.

I'm in the same boat as you.

As to why, I can speculate as to possibilities. 1. They have no idea what's going on, not even an awareness of what's happening to some phones. 2. They know the issue, & are working hard to obtain the fix, thus not having time to communicate to us. 3. Somewhere in between 1 & 2.

It's definitely frustrating to be out of service for ~10 days now.

or 4. Maybe they are stalling to secure additional financing to get rest of the lines activated? Haha who knows.

For those who have phones which have clear ESN and you're able to activate on another carrier, somehow, your phones haven't transfer to Red Pocket yet. Should definitely contact CellNuvo support to re-transfer your account to Red Pocket. Mine was transferred. Did Tello BYOD check and it said my device is currently active on another carrier which in this case Red Pocket. Have temporary 331 area code as others have reported under Setting>Status>My phone number. When I make a call, it just said some message about contacting Red Pocket to activate or add credits....So my account was transferred over to Red Pocket. My account probably need to be refresh. I got another phone....may be by Sept. 1 or sooner, if phone is still not working, I'll have CellNuvo swap my account over the new phone and see if that'll make the phone working again.

[quote="MicrotonalBanana"]

Interesting--my CN number on Refill says it cannot be found. The new, 331 area code of course is found and offers to let me reload it.[/quote/]

Same here. My phone has been working with the temp.331# for some time, but what happens next: will the "old" CN free system be restored, for I do not wish to be on any Red Pocket plan with this particular phone? The fact that phones are now showing up as being temporarily housed in Red Pocket accounts is promising.

This is what I'm seeing happening: CN gets all these weird activation issues sorted out and get everyone over to Red Pocket (same acronym as RingPlus... hmmmmm..... :slight_smile: ). At that point I am just hoping and praying that they get our old CN account numbers set up on the Red Pocket lines (331 area codes). THEN, hopefully we get more details regarding plan allotments and prices and how CN credit can be used--ideally a PAYG system within the Red Pocket network framework. If not, there's a good chance I'm not hanging around once my silver is used up.

Most important issue to me is getting my primary phone number back (and my wife's...). We are not happy at all that our main phone numbers have been unreachable for over a week now.

If you have been following our posts then you'll know we have contacted support many times but have been getting the run around. Requested them specifically to transfer again to Red Pocket. Their response?...

1.   Power up the device and make sure the device is on the Sprint network (not roaming)

2.  Unlock the phone by keying in ##, the 6-digit MSL code, #.  Example: ##123456#

3.   Select Edit. The MDN field will appear.  Enter the 10-digit MDN w/out dashes or spaces.  Select Done or Next.

4.   The MSID field will appear. Enter the MSID—no leading zeros and without dashes or spaces.  The MSID may match the MDN.

5.   Select Done. The device should automatically reboot

"3. Somewhere in between 1 & 2." = Limbo--Let's hope they're closer to #2. than to #1.

I think it is less important where things stand (this may largely be outside of the direct control of CellNUVO) than the fact the company has elected not to disseminate information about the status quo that would be helpful to users in determining what action, if any, to take.

That is a matter that is entirely within the company's control and would not require any significant time commitment.