Where Has Everyone Landed?

chatmsd, Sprint Family plan, you mean framily or the family shared plan. I didn't think you could get that under $20, do tell?

Thanks!

Thanks for creating this forum!

I am moving one of my numbers to mint sim (2gb plan). I am yet to decide on the other number.

Hopefully, you guys are using the SHOPCLEVER promo code with mintsim...

Yes, with the code it came to $167, pretty decent deal. Upgraded the shipping to 2 day. Hopefully i should receive the sim before 11th. For the other number i am thinking to port out to GV and then search for a service or may be get one more mint sim. T-mobile (mint sim) coverage is pretty decent in my locality, was using it before RP and had no issues.

Yeah, actually getting the SIM is my worry. But, I am headed to California, and, MINSIM is in California, so, had my SIM shipped there. Since you must have the SIM in hand to port out, we'll see! I guess I could port my number elsewhere to save it on Thursday if it does not arrive.

Good to see you too! Yeah, I'm enjoying having customer service that actually answers email and phone calls. All three of my family's lines are still saying "Porting in" so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything is going well. I'm just hoping that RingPlus will get all those port-out requests answered before everything shuts down. There must have been thousands waiting for them when they came to work this morning.

I feel rather sorry for the people who work there since they likely won't have jobs much longer, and I know what that's like. I lost a good-paying job in 2009 and it took a while to find another (better) one. Regardless of what I may think about some of the RingPlus management decisions, I'm sorry the troops down in the trenches are having to deal with the consequences.

And I agree, hungryghost is providing a great service for us all here!

i am 'parking' my number at GV for the time being until i figure out where to go or until i find an affordable plan that fits my needs. In the meantime i am getting a Freedompop free account but that wont last since i got no have wifi at the moment so not entirely sure how the heck that's gonna turn out since its VOIP. Mintsim plans look attractive except when i saw you have to pay several months in advance. TPO plans also attractive and might port wifeys phone there since she is HEAVY on data and according to the Infinity Plan terms: Users with usage >50GB/mo will notice reduced speeds to 2G until next bill cycle. Does not sound too bad for $55.

I finally went with tello. It may not be a permanent change but I could use my existing phone and that saves some hassles right now. I also like the unlimited 2g after I use my data allotment which could come in handy. I have a freedompop phone I bought new last year. I'm probably going to put it on ebay. Even with the paid service (but not premium voice) from them I was never able to make a voice call that was acceptable. It was like not having phone service. The data was okay, but it was used up quickly for some reason. And I also was annoyed with Freedompop when after setting up an account, choosing a plan, ordering a phone they popped up with an activation charge that had never been mentioned before. I'm going to miss RingPlus. The paid plans were excellent and a good value.

Tello for me. All 3 lines completed last night. All 3 lines working.

Tello, two lines, unlimited talk plan and prepaid.

All our numbers are ported to Google Voice, so we decided to move our 6 family lines to FreedomPop to milk the free data and just go with Hangouts/GoogleVoice for calls, SMS and MMS.

We'll see how that goes. Voice quality has been ok, but there is a delay. We do get the Premium Voice for a 1-month trial which works fine.

I also have some unlocked GSM hotspots and a stack of their Global SIMs and new LTE SIMs for additional free data as needed.

Less convenient this way, but it'll work out.

I ported out to Ting on Sunday, so I wouldn't lose my number. I'm still looking around for permanent service.

Telloooo, very happy their plans and the customer service team, i'll stick to them for good

CellNUVO........It is actually a pretty good free service for light users. You get free activation; 2500 points to start; and you get additional points watching short videos and they have recently dropped the requirement that you need to accumulate 2500 new points per month to keep the service active.

Trying out a few...
Twigby, Tello, mintsim and Cellnuvo.

Each have their strengths. Hard to decide which to keep!

Cellnuvo is free which is great! They are very fluid and are changing things to suit customers. I urge you to try it out!

Twigby has a great online chat, referrals, verizon roaming. I wish it started a bit cheaper but you are paying for the roaming and the great customer service.

Tello has the mix and match payasyougo and plans with good rates for those wanting to spend less than $10. Customer service is responsive.

Mint is great if you need a lot of everything. 128k 2g data. Wifi calling. Cheap for what you get and tmobile service is good around my area Not sure I want to spend $200 a year though.

Tello has wifi calling too, as well as unlimited 2G at a decent speed.

I've gone back to Truphone.

Right now, they're trying to to get my number ported in. They said they've had several calls and there are problems specific to RingPlus that has made provisioning the number difficult on their side. :frowning:

On the upside, like I said in the Tru thread, their customer service is fantastic and they had already started to work on these problems without my calling in. So, I'm just going to hang tight, know my number is safe, and wait to see what they can do.

If I can't find anything else, I might go back to my previous carrier.
They have unlimited talk&text, 100 MB 4G LTE (then unlimited 2G), unlimited international texts and 1000 minutes to China (my family and friends are in China). And I pay $17+taxes a month. It's a great plan for heavy users. I don't make lots of calls, I just like the feeling of knowing you won't reach the limit when you're calling and texting people.
For people who need lots of international calls, I know a similar carrier. It's called Lycamobile, the plan has the same stuff, only they have unlimited minutes to 60+ countries and are $19 a month.

Ting it is initially, since their giving us $35 per line to check it out, ...and have eluded to mentioning good things are coming. Thanks hungryghost!