Tello 6-month promo, 2GB/mo, $42- $49

Then why's the Renew button there? People without Tello experience could easily nuke their plans. As far as I can tell, the 6 month SS plan is the only place outside Tello's site where a plan is sold, and it doesn't seem to me that Tello had done extensive reprogramming of their site to make the 6 month plan fully understandable to users, but did just enough so that it could be activated as if it was the $14/2 GB a month plan. In any case, it's still a great deal.

Thanks, PEW! To be honest, if I had that plan & ran out of data, I might just click the RENEW button without thinking about the possible consequences. Glad you thought about checking on it!

The plan terms, as described on Stack Social, definitely could be better explained. I should not have to ask for clarification. as I stated on my original reply, I would have assumed that I could renew the plan early (maybe paying the $14) without breaking the deal.

Glad you got the info you needed before you accidentally voided the promo deal. Guess it just goes to show that the better the deal, the more "gotchas" you need to watch out for.

Got one more clarification, enabling PayGo LTE is fine for the 6 mo plan. That's at a rate of $20 per GB.

Thanks for nothing, I mean the info. Just kidding, but $20 a GB is no joke.:slight_smile:

2GB is sufficient for light use nowadays. If I run out, "2g" would be sufficient for basic data needs like email and hangouts. Depending on how it goes, I may switch to the 4GB plan after the 6 mo is done.

I have used Tello's 2g data in the past for Hangouts. Works well.
However, trying to use Tello's 2g for Gmail was torture. Gmail just wouldn't load.

Do my phone plan minutes/data roll over from one month to another?
Any unused minutes or data will be lost after 30 days, when your prepaid plan is automatically renewed. However, they roll over ONLY if you manually renew or change your plan before the end of your current billing cycle and ONLY if the new plan contains the services that you previously had.
For example, the minutes & data of your current plan will roll over if the new plan has minutes & data. However, if you decide to buy data only, the minutes will not roll over.

Thanks for this post. I signed up for $39.20 and no tax.

I ran out of data during my first month but my 2G speed was surprisingly good.

User reports with Tello fallback 2G is certainly varied! (My understanding is that the 2G fallback speed will be the same experience with any Sprint MVNO that offers it, since it's a network option rather than specifically created for the MVNO.)

I'm confident that the different reports are due to what people expect to be able to do on 2G. I've also found it manageable for my rather light needs.

golan, could you share with us how (and for what) you've used the fallback 2G?

Well, I guess if you have a newer iPhone with eSim, you might try signing up 2 Tello lines under this deal, getting $80 for 6 mo of 4GB (avg $13/mo).

Update: Hm... looks like Tello does not support the eSIM.

Tello should give customers double data again since we're back to square one with Covid-19, perhaps even worse. Trying times call for double data from generous providers, as Tello said. Solved: 4 GB for $6 a month.

"As a wireless provider, we know the importance of connection and communication in these days of unprecedented events. That’s why we’re offering double data & minutes for every customer, new or existing, at the same price. It’s our way to make things easier in these troubled times and make technology more affordable."

Yes, reinstating the double data would be very nice indeed. Unfortunately it seems that many (most?) of the MVNOs that added data onto their existing plans at the beginning of the COVID shutdown have since let their data bonuses lapse as well.

It also might be difficult for relatively smaller MVNOs like Tello to continue "giving away" free data, since they likely have less reserves and resources upon which to draw compared to the Big Three (Four if you include newcomer Dish). At the end of the day, or in this case, the COVID crisis, they all need to make a profit in order to survive.

All that said, in case @Georgiana_Tello sees this post, bringing back double data during these trying times would be terrific! :slight_smile:

I'm going to be an outlier here:
Doubled data was a nice touch. I don't need it, and am not likely to use it until the reason for that offer goes away.

Doubled minutes would be more useful to me. Despite far fewer business-related calls, staying in touch via phone has become more important to me.

(I know some folks are dependent on cellular data without home WiFi, and doubled data may well be the greater good.)

Whoops! Please pardon my faux pas. Of course you are correct that not everyone on Tello has signed up for unlimited calls as part of their plans. (I finally just went unlimited so I wouldn't need to monitor my usage so closely each month.) Thanks for the reminder and here's hoping that Tello reinstates "double everything" sooner than later.

I noticed that Tello's 6 month unlimited t&t + 2 GB data plan is back for sale at Stack Social and other sites for $49, but is now on the GSM network.
Stack Social will likely have some discounts on this deal down the road, and now I believe one can get 10% off if one signs up as a new customer at the Popular Science and SS sites.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tello+6+month+plan&sxsrf=ALeKk0077sIFGSSGZRE5M3OqJdjhpxfmtQ:1612736103345&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo

For the StackSocial Tello offer, promo code VDay2021 gets 15% off: net $41.65.

Interesting that the offer is available at the Popular Science site, plus several others spotted in Isamorph's google search link. All the sites appear to be clones of StackSocial. Just to confirm, I sent a password reset request from the Popular Science site for an email address I already had registered at StackSocial-- and promptly got got the reset email despite never having been on the Popular Science site before. I had hoped that the other sites would allow me to be a 'new user' to get a new customer discount (looks like 10% is the standard across these sites), but probably no go unless one works a little harder to be new.

$11.76 off

SDT24OFF

Net $37.24

Can this be purchased for an existing Tello CDMA plan?