Tello 6-month promo, 2GB/mo, $42- $49

How long after buying does one have to activate this plan?

Unless it's changed during the 3 months it's been offered, 30 days.

It's $39.20 now using code: TALK20SAVE

https://slickdeals.net/f/13870535-tello-value-prepaid-6-month-plan-unlimited-talk-text-2gb-lte-data-39-20?from_da_id

The above deal is good for 2 more days + $5 off when paying with PayPal if you receive the $5 off message as I did on StackSocial. So $34.20 for some purchasers works out to $5.70 a month. But I had to pay an additional $1.50 in tax to Tello when sealing the deal on Tello's website. So close to $6 a month.

https://slickdeals.net/f/13870535-6-month-tello-prepaid-plan-unlimited-talk-text-2gb-lte-data-month-39-20-valid-for-new-tello-users-only?src=frontpage

Reviving this thread, forgot this was discussed before.

Anyway, tested SUMMERSAVE20, looks like the code expired. :frowning:

It's back! Code is DN20
Ready for switch away from Sprint at the end of the month. After 6 mo, probably stick with Tello on the 'make your own' monthly plan. :slight_smile:

https://slickdeals.net/f/14119301-6-month-tello-prepaid-plan-unlimited-talk-text-2gb-lte-data-month-39-20?

... so with 2GB LTE a month for 6 months, if you run out of LTE data, can you/how do you buy more LTE data allotment?

Looks like you would need to add some PayGo balance and use that:

Of course, that sort of eliminates the financial advantage of the deal. Don't know if you could keep the same arrangement (the promo pricing, etc.) if you renew early, but it might be worth checking with their Customer Support to see what they have to say about that.

Yeah, $20 per GB is very expensive.

"Keep this feature ON if you want to enjoy 4G LTE speeds from your Pay As You Go balance at 2¢/MB.

If you have a plan, any included 4G LTE data is used first and you'll not get throttled down to 2G speeds as long as you have Pay As You Go balance."

For porting, make sure you have your account number and PIN handy.

1. Join
  2. I want this plan on the 2GB & unlimited talk/text for $14.
  3. Scroll down to Keep your old phone
  4. Enter your phone and porting info
  5. On right side, enter your coupon code... total should change from $14 to $0
  6. Click on the bottom green button to proceed

It tells me that it could take up to 5 business days to port and that I will get an email once porting is complete.

... waiting...

Argh, 2 of my 3 phones have FED lock on it for no reason, will have to call Sprint tomorrow when their office is open. So glad Sprint is gone. Hopefully T-Mobile does not pull this kind of c* on its customers.

Looks like we might either able to renew the month early or maybe pay $14 to effectively add 2GB LTE that would then rollover.
... see button at the bottom.

PEW, I think you should confirm that with customer support before you do it. (You're probably right-- but better to ask than to risk the rest of the 6-month plan.)

I would agree with KentE. The six-month plan is a different beast than other Tello plans. That said, it may work for early renewal, and if CS gives you the go ahead, let us know, for I will also renew early to get some extra data.

"Note: Stay on this plan for 6 months in order to keep the offer. If you change the phone plan, the offer will no longer apply going forward."

"Customers should not make any changes to the plan. If you change the phone plan, the offer will no longer apply going forward"

BTW, the earlier statement that one could not get the $10 referral bonus may be in error. Just tried my referral link and it seems the referral code is provide while creating the account. Signing up for a plan happens after that and has a separate coupon code.

Just wondering if you did create an account already and did get the referral code credit after activating the plan? Would be nice to have that credit on hand.

I have one more to sign up but it would not be until mid July. Will confirm back after that unless someone else signs up using my referral code before then.

Yes, I just noticed on your screenshot post above that you probably wouldn't be signing up until July, so I jumped the gun on that matter.

Just asked the question on the Contact Us form and go a copy/paste robot response / non-response.

"If you run out your data plan of 2GB then your data will slow down to 2G speeds and not LTE. This allowance is set for the 6 months and if you change the plans on the account the promotion would end and be cancelled."

I replied to follow up on my still unanswered question about the RENEW button... that is not a plan change.

Got a new reply answering my question in full regarding the RENEW button.

"Yes, that breaks the deal. You have to let the plan renew automatically."