Store is updated

Hungry-Hog, I know you've been a big CN supporter, and have helped many members with it (including me!).
I think the frustration gets to all of us at times, and it's sometimes just a matter of when we speak.
Hope the situation improves for you, and for all of us!

If the info in jamielih's ticket response is accurate, it's only one additional programming step for CN to top-up (on demand) a Pay-Go account vs paying a monthly bill, and there's a lot less risk for users. I hope that's possible, too! (Of course, all of it needs to work better than it's been working with Red Pocket Pay-Go.)

How long does it take google play to update an app?

It Is not instant?

Anyone with experience? Hungry ghost?

What is the point of CellNUVO updating the store in version 2.61 of the app if this new scheme is dependant on a new app version being uploaded to the Google Play Store? Wouldn't the new app have to be installed? I don't get the point of showing us new store options if they do nothing.

With the updated store options shown on v 2.61, The Infinite Plan 5 Gold Top Up is first on the list. Why? It is currently unusable according to Red Pocket. They won't accept it.

Maybe I am wrong about that, but I know that I have not been able to get CN to reinitiate service on any of the several phones we have. When I chat with Red Pocket they say they don't accept "Gold" and can't help. Has anyone recently (last 2 weeks) gone ahead and tried to top-up then been successful in getting Red Pocket to re-initiate service on even a "temporary" number since original numbers were lost by CN? I am referring to accounts that became closed on Red Pocket.

We've been successful, but we used the shotgun approach of trying many things to get service, & have no idea what caused the service to return. We tried updating a CellNuvo ticket, starting a new ticket, topping up with 5 Gold, waiting a day or two, topping up with 5 Gold again, etc. At some point after trying all of that, & without any responses from CellNuvo in the tickets concerning restoring our service, the service returned on all 3 phones, though without LTE, just 3G.

Thanks.

I am focusing on the last two weeks as that seems to be when I have gotten nowhere with CN support after months of back and forth they finally say contact Red Pocket, who ultimately say they can do nothing. I am not sure if an account which is now showing up as "closed:" on Red Pocket can be re-activated by topping up then contact Red Pocket to get them to resurrect the account.

Gethome writes:
"With the updated store options shown on v 2.61, The Infinite Plan 5 Gold Top Up is first on the list. Why? It is currently unusable according to Red Pocket. They won't accept it."

This isn't correct, or it's correct only within a wrong framework.
No, you can't ask Red Pocket to top up your CellNuvo line with Gold, and someone got that exact answer from a RP CS agent. Red Pocket doesn't accept Gold, they accept cash from CN, or cash from us. If it worked flawlessly, we're asking CN to convert 5 Gold to $5, and pay Red Pocket $5. In theory, Red Pocket would accept $5 from CN, but they won't accept "5 Gold". .

I haven't tried to reactivate CN/RP line that shows as 'closed' in the RP system by contacting RP. Some tried it, when a bunch of lines suddenly closed (last week?), and I believe they did not have any success, with the "Closed" status being the limiting factor. (A number of us had 'Closed' lines from that instance resurrect, though.)

I have tried to resurrect a 'Closed' line through communications with CellNuvo, and have not been successful. (I also did not try very hard.) I eventually received a response including the email that other's got, suggesting conversion to a different RP plan or the new upcoming options, but without information on resurrecting that same 'Closed" account.

conversion to a different RP plan, whoa that sounds very promising. But how?

Well, there's the rub. It did sound promising, and would have been more so if there were directions on how to accomplish it.

Plausible deniability (wow, we've made so much progress we're 99% of the way there so stand by we'll have this going any instant now), and so the hare-brained might keep swiping. Obviously.

That's why they're pretending to re-invent the wheel. If it keeps getting almost there, but never quite, they never have to pay any partner for the promises we'd all like to "redeem".

Here's an example of how one call (or google search LOL) woulda made it clear that re-inventing the wheel would otherwise be complete idiocy...

Yes, Blackhawk already has the "pixel process" as they call it, already set up to achieve this. Just give em a call, CellNUVO.
https://blackhawknetwork.com/content/#Prepaid-Telecom

I found this info by searching

How long does it take for my app to be published on Google Play? That’s a question I receive occasionally and mainly from new devs. The answer is pretty simple, if your app doesn’t get banned then it will be published within a few hours. Usually that’s under 2 hours with the quickest turnaround under 45 minutes (submissions during week-ends get approved slower

For Existing apps, whenever you have an update to push things go smoother as the status shown in your dashboard will be Update Pending then Published once everything is ok and the app update was accepted by the reviewers. However, the same automated + manual reviewing process takes place for updates too, and if your app update is not compliant to the policies then you’ll get Update Rejected, app Unpublished or worse (Suspended/Removed).

So it has been many hours since 2:42pm

Update should be up, no?

@uhthisb
I'm curious about your user name. Do you care to reveal it's origins or reference?
The only uht I can relate to is the un-refrigerated UHT milk we use to buy for long term storage when we were cruising.

Sounds like updates require some kind of review?

@als, just a silly story. I got my phones for $10 new. They were just gonna be used for the wifi, camera, GPS but the same time I bought the first one I serendipitously stumbled on ringplus. When I saw it actually worked I went back for my second phone and intended it to just stay in the car. Well I didn't understand how the Google Play store worked so I thought I had to create a second gmail account. I went with uh this car but all one word.

Fast forward to ringplus dying and CellNUVO seeming like a very flakey but better than nothing alternative. With emphasis on the flakey, I signed up my "B" phone (the car phone) cuz my main "A" phone would be better off with Ting I figured. So uh this B was born. I wish I could give you these two minutes back...

so C will be coming soon? When you can use Amazon and get a better phone?

So unless it was rejected. It should of been up hours ago

Who knows how long a review takes. It should be up unless there was a problem I guess but I don't know.

uhthisb writes:
"Here's an example of how one call (or google search LOL) woulda made it clear that re-inventing the wheel would otherwise be complete idiocy..."

Idiocy or not, it seems that the wheel Blackhawk is using does not include Tello, Twigby, Ting, SpeedTalk, TPO, Red Pocket, etc., or any carrier requiring monthly payments.. It's limited to providers that are based on refill cards, and only refill cards. I agree it's an easier concept to do, if you're comfortable limiting choices to refill-card operations.

I think Blackhawk works on a percentage basis (i.e. no investment required). Lotsa prepaid choices is better than nothing.

I used the word example to illustrate that there are no barriers to implementing something RIGHT NOW. CellNUVO wants to pretend that there ARE barriers. Never been done before. Gotta invent that wheel. Please stand by. Any minute now...

Amazon is no longer in the store, hope it shows up again being usable.

"Just last week we received final approval to integrate with Amazon. Yeah, that Amazon."

Shoulda stuck with "soon", idiots...

I'll take C&D Letter for a thousand, Alex.