New CellNUVO app update

... by intentionally making the ads pay zero... as Chelle's experience shows, the older app paid and the newer app intentionally credit you zero for ads.

Yes, we are. However, Cellnuvo, by stating things would pick up after Q1, created user anticipation and expectation. So here we are, as you said, "6 days into the quarter," expectations unfulfilled.

I'll tell ya" @mmfacemm. :lol: I could go there, but I won't.:lol:

I understand your view on this because each time you voice it, I remind myself it's coming from a limited perspective. When you go about pointing out the effects of the 4 month wait, your explanation is always always based on how it affects gift card purchasers. IMO, the 4 month minimum wait for full reimbursement negates any/all so-called "improvements." Don't forget there are people with no interest in Amazon gift card purchases who were affected too. In evaluating the pros/cons include them in your thought process.

I accept this as your opinion, but I question how you know "several" (whatever that means)opted for the 9 month option. As for the last part of your statement, stop making stuff up. No basis for that bold conclusion.

Interesting choice of words.

I'm sorry but I am not really interested in butting heads with you especially when you are starting to get personal. I am interested in productive conversations that will help make cellnuvo better for customers. Nothing of what you ever say seems to have any purpose other than to kick cellnuvo when they are down. What exactly do you suggest to help? Or are you limited to pointing out the obvious that hard choices had to be made and we have lost things we enjoyed before.

I've mentioned many times that losing carrier payments is a big negative. And yet KentE convinced me it is highly unlikely that they will return. Unlimited instant swaps at the old rates are also not going to happen for obvious and similar reasons. We have to be realistic and basically we are stuck with what we have. I have offered suggestions on how those wanting to pay for carrier bills can still use cellnuvo with a 4 month rolling swap. After the first 4 months each month thereafter we can pay for bills at the same rate as before. We have to take the hit for the first 4 months but that is a small price to pay if what you say is true that they made these changes for their continued survival.

I can say that it is a positive thing that echecks are now available so that opens up cellnuvo to all carriers. I remember there was a big cry to add Tello and now you can use your points to pay for anything and even your tello bills! TELLO TELLO TELLO!

I do think that the amazon side is much better now. The restrictions under the old system were extensive and the wait was always going to be close if not more than what it is now.

And yes I do think those who take the 9 month option have purposely chosen to take advantage of that to gain more money. They feel the risk is worth the extra reward. They wouldn't choose that option if they didn't consider it a good bet and a good addition to the program. It isn't difficult to understand.

As for the ads I've been around for several years and know that we are not going to see lots of ads day 1 q2. Now you know. It takes time and I don't know when we will start seeing them or when they will be in full force. It is not like they are purposely keeping them from us. The same advice that has held true for 2 years applies. Swipe lots when times are good to get you through the bad. If you can't understand that and have no patience for it then cellnuvo is not for you. Yes it is a particularly bad time for them to spring this update on us in the middle of an ad drought so it is understandable everyone is getting a bit impatient. That is why I try to help by showing that ad droughts around this time are not unusual and there is no need to panic.

I've nothing much to say about 0 silver ads. I will just say I am not swiping for nothing.

I'm sorry that you interpret something I've said as personal. That was never my intent. I don't submit posts speaking for others. I don't submit posts speaking for Cellnuvo. What I have done, and will continue to do, is post my thoughts and my opinions the same as everyone else. If I come across a post I agree with, I will express my agreement. In the same fashion, if I come across a post I disagree with, I will express my disagreement. When Cellnuvo posts statements I find questionable, I will express my view on them just as any other posts. Not every move Cellnuvo makes is bad (some are indeed, good). I try to call a spade a spade. If I come across posts that are clearly intended to sprinkle sugar on top of fecal matter, I sometimes point it out.

(I don't know about you, but I'd say that sounds "personal.")

I have offered what I believed to be helpful suggestions. The last time I did, I was met with unpleasantries. Do you recall this post?

Surely you recall how my offered suggestion was received. Memory can be refreshed (HERE). At least one person had the graciousness to extend an apology for their comments on my post. I truly appreciated that gesture. Unfortunately the same can't be said about the other party.:whistle:

This is what I refer to as "sugar sprinkling."

I post my opinion that I don't see carrier payments coming back, I am met with

KentE agrees with me and posts his thoughts about it and voila, you've been "convinced." Fecal matter exposed, sugar sprinkling ceases.

Just can't help but speak for others. I get it.

Are you a Cellnuvo employee? If you are, the following doesn't apply to you. If not, carry on. Everyone has access to @tomcellnuvo's posts on ad availability and value. Those still participating in the Cellnuvo experience also know what the current status of that experience is. For me, when the statements and the experience don't jive, I will say that. However, I find it highly insulting when I know I'm looking at fecal matter and someone actively sprinkling sugar on top admonishes me for rejecting the sugar and calling the fecal matter exactly what it is. Fecal matter.

BTW, I don't believe there is a shortage of ads. From what I've seen and heard, ads are being selectively throttled. Facts don't lie. Have a good one now, okay.

The same as everyone else? How much have you personally swiped on the cellnuvo app?

Not sure what you're referring to in your first question. But to answer your second question - lots. HBU?

mmfacemm writes: "Yes it is a particularly bad time for them to spring this update on us in the middle of an ad drought so it is understandable everyone is getting a bit impatient. That is why I try to help by showing that ad droughts around this time are not unusual and there is no need to panic."

@mmfacemm, I particularly enjoyed your previous post featuring links to discussions about the dearth of ads a during this period a year ago, and 2 years ago. I hadn't realized that the drought was so historically predictable.

@all-- I'm not certain that my thoughts on the likelihood of direct carrier payments returning should be considered authoritative. I think I also expressed doubts in the forum that they would ever have been instituted in the first place beyond a couple of specific providers, based on the same logic. That either seems to imply that my logic is wrong, or that CellNuvo was willing to put a lot of effort into enabling something frequently requested despite the amount of work required.

mmfacemm writes: "I don't know when we will start seeing them or when they will be in full force. It is not like they are purposely keeping them from us."

I_one_2 writes: "BTW, I don't believe there is a shortage of ads. From what I've seen and heard, ads are being selectively throttled. Facts don't lie."

What does not make sense (to me), and has never made sense when it's been suggested before, is that CellNuvo would intentionally limit the availability of ads to users. CN only earns income when we view ads. No ads, no income for CellNuvo.
In this, even the coldest, hardest, business decisions and user desires seem to align in providing as many ads as possible.

An alternative hypothesis:

1. Advertisers place ads with multiple middle-men for distribution to the end user. I've read some about how this works, and Tom's recent comments also touched on it.
  2. The new app is relying on different middle-man vendors for ad delivery than used previously-- Tom indicated this was a switch in some vendors that offered quicker reimbursement to CellNuvo.
  3. The new app is buggy behind the scenes, too. With FreeUP, a lot of the interconnection necessary beyond multiple parties is visible to us, and has made us aware of how those multiple entities need to mesh together for us to get rewards. I don't imagine it's less complicated for CellNuvo's app, but the steps aren't visible to the end user. And we've seen multiple updates to version 3.6x in relatively short order, with minimal visible changes to the app. Perhaps they're trying to get things tweaked so that ads are reliably called up and delivered.
  4. The difference in ad availability Chelle mentioned between version 3.15 and 3.6x isn't indicating intentional throttling of ad availability at all-- it may be indicating a difference in ad availability between two different middle-men suppliers (the old app relied on the previous middle-man vendors), and a mature app version working better to call up the ads, compared to a new, rushed, and buggy 3.6x.

It is unfortunate Tom does not address and allows the forum to speculate and spin wheels. At least update the website. That would communicate to both current and potential new customers. The website, as of now, is misleading.

Yes exactly.

KentE wrote -- "What does not make sense (to me), and has never made sense when it's been suggested before, is that CellNuvo would intentionally limit the availability of ads to users. CN only earns income when we view ads."

I've been thinking about this in the context of Chelle's findings (regarding abundant ads on the old version versus no ads in the updated version), and in the context of how CN effectively cut our earnings in half with this update.

We all assume that CN only earns income when we view ads. But what if CN is NOT paid on the basis of number of ad views, but rather gets paid based on number of users?

If that is the case, then CN would only need to get all of us to install their apps and show advertisers that they have a large user base. The advertisers pay them tiered sums based on number of users. CN throttles ads in the update, users don't get to see ads so don't get points, CN doesn't have to pay out cash to users, gets to keep all of it.

Total speculation of course, but it does explain some of the things we have seen recently.

Although if this speculation turns out to be accurate, users would leave in hordes because they aren't getting anything out of the apps and CN would self-destruct!

That is a baseless and ill conceived statement. Consider it retracted.

Allowing apps to continue running and rewarding on 3.15 might have been an oversight. Who knows? Neither appear anymore.

My prediction: Cellnuvo is listening and is aware of our anxiety and impatience. All of the glitches will be addressed ultimately. Ads will be "dialed in" and values increased (even if sporadically). Recent changes have caused a major morale decrease among the user base. The timing of the changes exacerbated that decline. Cellnuvo knows this. I predict Cellnuvo will go far beyond the extra mile to neutralize and reverse that decline.

It's just a matter of time. Keep swiping.

Edit: oops spoke too soon. Apps still appearing on 3.15. Only Cellnuvo knows why.

Sigh

IKR?

Yeah, i have a phone still on the old one. Im seeing ads almost every time i swipe. Im recording everything. I expect CN to add all my swipe points to my total. Im gonna keep on swiping.

For what it's worth I'm getting another update as I'm typing this. Swiping earlier I was still getting pretty much nothing.ll update after the update installs.

What's the app version of the update you got?

3.69 , getting a few ads but only 1 has credited.

Ok. Thanks. I thought maybe another one came after that. That's the same one discussed here.
https://www.nthcircle.com/forum/cellnuvo/2612-another-app-update#36366

Must have missed it until now because of the total lack of motivation to swipe lol.

Understandable.