More flaws and issues with redemptions SIGH

Next, they will stop payments, ...but wait... :slight_smile:

You don't get a thank you for a jinx. Sigh

I just want things to go back to the way they were with cellnuvo. No more games. swipe equals silver. And payments are done in a timely basis.

It's just not fun anymore. It's over complicated for no reason. What new person is going to start this?

Agreed! Before the update, swiping was a simple pleasure that afforded us monthly cell service for one of our two phones for ten months in a row. And for a day or two (I think it was last weekend), I was getting plenty of ads on the newly updated app.

Now, unfortunately, it feels like work.

So, @lexusl21, I officially second your motion for things on the app to go back to the way they were. All those in favor, please say "AYE!"

Double Aye from our family

Aye!!!

I find myself swiping less and less.

Aye. I have no problem waiting until CN gets paid to use my points, but with most ads currently paying less than a single point it is meaningless to swipe anymore.

Stitch approved!!

Edit:
The motion to bring it back! 4 month wait on points? Okay! Just bring back the old thing and keep phone payments pretty please! I now swipe for very small periods of time due to the disapotment and disatisfaction with this new process of point earnings and the ongoing ad issues. Four of the 5 could not get their entries in because not one freaking ad would populate even with clean installs and Google ads reset. It's just so inconsistent... One moment everything works, the next is stuck. Having to close the app and open it again in hope of temporary (a minute maybe) is just no fix.

That said... Tom, bring it back cause this thing is a sinking ship!

Aye. Swiping and getting no points then it says no match with an ad embedded in it which is zero points. that is cr@p

Aye.
And since it's okay to dream, please reinstate the old 1Gold equals 1 dollar instant payment at least for our pre-update balances. That's what we were promised and that's the assumption we swiped under, before the update.

Aye, and argh!---And I'm no longer affiliated with CN.

It is not too late to turn ship around.

Please reconsider Tom

I actually got my Amazon gift card today. Hated having to take a 50% loss but didn't want to take the risk of waiting 4 months only to receive nothing.

My concern is that, even if they were in reasonable financial shape right now, they won't be, for long, with so many people abandoning the platform.

When did you submit? Thanks for the update.

On March 8th.

The bottom line is earnings opportunity. Without it, there will be no money - not for them, not for us.

It is easy to think that but I think that cellnuvo have set up the system in a clever way that should put them in a good position to ride out any difficulties.

MARCH-JUNE
They can control the availability of instant, 1 and 2 month payments. So they can ensure they can keep going for at least 4 months. There are no large payments due since all the old amazon payments were returned and carrier bill payments have stopped. So I am not particularly worried about the next 4 months.

JULY
The old system must have been difficult to manage because we could decide to stop installments and cash them in at any time. The new system encourages users to swap out and pick a payout time so Cellnuvo will now know exactly how may big payments will be required in July.

Whilst I am concerned about lost customers most of the effects of this won't be seen until after July and after this first batch of big payments is due to be paid. Cellnuvo have Mar-June to build up cash reserves and this will mainly come from ads viewed Nov-Feb prior to the update (since ad providers take up to 4 months to pay) and any(!) cash reserves brought forward. They should know what income they are getting for Nov-Feb ads so it should be fairly easy to see if they will be short of money and have time to bridge that if necessary. So July should be okay too though there is some risk if Nov-Feb ad views don't provide enough cash and they can't raise finance if needed.

AUG-NOV
If they weather the July payments then they should be good for the next four months since most people would have cashed out their old balances earned 2017/18 in July or have put in for 9 month payments in March due to be paid Dec (6 months doesn't seem popular at all). It is in this period that lost customers start to matter as ad revenues coming in will be less than expected. But since they can restrict 0-2 month swaps and have few large payments due they should be fine for now. Unless the loss of customers is particularly extreme (which right now is a legitimate concern) or if the July payments were particular difficult to manage or if any finance taken out was very short term.

DEC
This could be the next big test as those 9 month payments become due. If cellnuvo underestimated the loss of customer they might struggle to pay these extra payments. But who knows it is all a waiting game and a lot can happen in 9 months especially with prime ad season around the corner.

So yes for me I think cellnuvo should survive until at least Aug and probably Dec. Though July is the first big testing point Cellnuvo should have all their ducks in a row by the then if they are any good at business.

Of course I could be totally wrong. But this is what I am basing my decisions on. They do need to turn the ads back on for us soon though or big swipers will start to leave.

@mmfacemm,
Great analysis! I sure hope you're right. Guess time will tell... all part of the CellNUVO adventure.

I just say this - If I wanted to put my advertisement money to the best use, I would rather pay 1,000 people $1 each to watch my ad, than one person $1,000 to watch it 1,000 times. To me this isn't a sustainable business model. I think, sooner or later, the advertisers will figure out a way to prevent it. I'm actually surprised that this has lasted for so long. In the meantime, I'm pulling for CellNUVO!

I think someone successfully running a "paid for by others" venture has to be exceptionally nimble, quick to adapt to a changing scenario..... and cross their fingers. I applaud those with the foresight to try making it work, and the fortitude to keep it working, even if there are glitches.

One of the reasons I hate to see Super Silver go is because it reduced the reliance on all the eggs coming from one basket.