Live in a box(truck)?

Everything is better when by choice...

Right this very minute we can only 'afford' a tiny little apartment, which, compared with the conspicuous wealth visible in most of this town...makes us (and our immediate neighbors) the 'trailer trash' around here.
Fine by me.
In fact, if I had the means right this minute I'd find a way to do a version of my former ACTUAL trailer living, which was a total space smaller than 1 average room with an outdoor composting toilet & the bulk of my excess stuff stored in a portable garage until I got rid of most of it.
Only a tiny bit of heat needed, hot water on demand only (when the hose weren't froze...) & all the electricity via a single, heavy duty cord.

T'was truly tiny - and also just feet away from a babbling brook at the bottom of a steep wooded hill in a noplace kind of rural town.

That was the 2nd time in this life that I'd found a truly quiet place & way to live - the previous one having been before I was mature enough to fully appreciate the value of quiet & solitude surrounded by (mostly) just the great outdoors.

I never did work into my ambition to make an old truck I had into a living space - and that is the variation of this which I would now pass over in favour of something more like an earth bermed dwelling, if I was able to.
(If I had done that, it would have been very much like the photos linked in an earlier reply here showing that house-trucks are neither new, nor original thinking so wonderfully.)

Of course the mere choice of accomodations is not enough to bring peace into one's own life, but it sure does pitch in to that quest very handily !!

Roof tents, what'll they think of next.

https://www.autohomeus.com/

My first impression of these tents was not good, nor was my second, but maybe I'm missing something. I suppose if one parked next to a natural canal and slept in these second floor quarters, one might feel as if one were in a romantic part of Amsterdam. This is the first time I have heard of this company that has been making these tents for 60 years, and has been selling them in the US for 16+ years. In 1958, and still the case today, most cars in Europe are small, and I suspect these tents have a very limited market there, particularly with VW Beetle owners in 1958 and beyond, yet with many big cars in the US, I suppose they sell a few to I'm not sure who---perhaps people who don't mind using a ladder when they have to get up and pee in the middle of the night. The 9 second video presentation was, well, 9 seconds. I guess ants getting in the tent would not be a worry. Indeed, what will they think of next?

Live in an electric box truck?

Option to get a fast charge, then drive off somewhere and live off grid for a week at a time with all the creature comforts! :slight_smile:

Finally! :slight_smile:

Does it have a hot tub? We like to Sling when in hot tub .

Sling TV

The hot tub and time machine are on the super premium trim. :slight_smile:

Tiny house thieves. Glad the house got home safely. I wonder if she has a mortgage on the house, and, if so, would she still have to make payments on it if it wasn't found. A mortgage company would have an easy time of it repossessing tiny houses.

Another option, this time they actually mention living inside the RV while it charges overnight... how about over a week or two? :slight_smile:

Where is Chelle? She might use this?

Someone stole our idea!

Camping mode!

Wow, so living in a Rav4 with a 80 watt solar panel, neat!

https://www.tvadvertmusic.com/infiniti-qx50-commercial-luxury-should-be-lived-in/

or is Infinity saying we should buy their SUV and live in it? I saw a video a while back of a family living in a Lexus.

Wow, just $400K for an electric box truck. Great alternative housing in the Bay Area. :slight_smile:

https://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/future-concept/e-nv200-zero-emissions-small-van.html

Nissan e-NV200! Looks like about $40K USD. Can't wait for these to become available in the USA!

Camper van conversion with pop top!

Living in electric vans, the time has come!