It is already 09-23-2017

I bailed after a week when it was apparent there was no quick solution to the CellNuvo back end provider going abruptly out of business. Wish them well but it's been a month and they haven't set up their new website, have not announced their new silver rates and plans, and communication with customers at best is cryptic and sporadic. Needed a reliable phone service, but didn't need to port out so I just walked.

Using H2O Wireless pay as you go at a nickel a minute or text message on AT&T in a dual sim phone with a pre-existing Piranha Mobile international roaming sim in the second slot. Feed data inexpensively from one of 3 mifi devices(one AT&T unlimited postpaid, one Sprint Karma, one SkyRoam cloud sim mifi device).

I like the idea of ad-supported free phone service but no one has come up with a stable platform for it with halfway decent customer service....I'll revisit CellNuvo if and when they get their act together sometime in the future.

One month of no service and now you can't use your credits to get service and have to pay instead.

And they say my jokes are bad!

Good try but too obvious. Try several unrelated posts to establish the account first. Also don't offer the email right away without being asked to prove it. The xxx are your mark as well.

It just isn't funny

CellNuvo sent me a reply this morning on how to use my silver to pay for the refill (kind of). See forwarded email below:

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: My Red Pocket credits expired. Please refill.
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 08:32:42 -0500
To: xxxxxxx xxxxx@xxxxxx.com

We will be providing details on the use of silvers soon.

CellNUVO Support

On 2017-09-24 12:16, xxxxxx wrote:

How do I use my silvers to pay for the refill?

On Sep 24, 2017 10:07 AM, support@cellnuvo.com wrote:

Greetings-

To recharge your account, visit Refill - Red Pocket Mobile
[3]

Most of the our plans will expire this week I assume. It is ridiculous...

Ridiculous just like Ringplus was. Very similar to how Karl operated. Especially on the communication front.

$1 please

Friday is 6 weeks since this all began. Looks like our gold is worthless. Transferred cell nuvo to red pocket like ring plus to ting. Not a good deal if we have to pay anything $$ besides silver and gold. Get it right nuvo.

Jokes. What jokes? We don't need no stinking jokes! Give us your gold.:slight_smile:

I don't mind if redpocket just suspend my line. But the disgusting thing is if you do not refill your account soon they will take the number off your phone.

What is the grace period before you lose your number?

Can RedPocket process a port out to Google Voice? If so, I might just jump ship now... has anyone tried this?

I don't know. Maybe CN is having 2nd thoughts about all the customers lining up waiting to buy phones with their golds and silvers? That would require quiet a bit of money on CN's part if they are to offer high end phones.

You will need account and PIN to port out. I guess if your line is still working and you should be able to contact RedPocket to get the info.

For whoever doesn't have original phone number or the line is inactive, that might be issue.

My original number was restored a couple of weeks ago. RedPocket chat just provided me an account number and PIN for the port out. I'm still deciding whether I really want to do the port out or keep on waiting though.....

I decided to ask for some additional details about my line from the RedPocket chat representative after getting my account number and PIN. I was told my line will expire on 10/11 unless I add a payment method or some way to fund the line. I was told that my line is currently active on a PAYGO plan.

Not sure if this really answers any questions for us.

EDIT: I have never created a RedPocket login/account.

A few days. If you have a working restored number, be extremely careful because the allotment is very low. It is an or thing rather than an and thing, which means your phone could be suspended by running out of data or minutes or texts only.

Imagine that the it is a $5 plan good for only 15 days, oh well, you will have to give 4500 silvers every 15th day. Impossible for me.

But with the merge of T-Mobile and Sprint I don't know if tello or FreedomPop will still be available.

Technically it is not a paygo plan because the credits will expire in less than a month. I will call it a paygo if it lasts for over a year.

The original cellnuvo plan is indeed a payoff. You only pay whatever you use.

I didn't ask for clarification, but I asked what type of my plan my line was on and was told: it is an active line on a paygo plan. Will expire on 10/11

Well they can sell a 20 dollar phone for 100 golds