How to transfer a cellnuvo account to somebody else

I'd like to explore how to transfer a cellnuvo account to somebody else.

There is obviously enough expertise on this board to state what is possible, what is not possible, and suggest workarounds.

Please review the following with those goals in mind. My thinking at present is that this is possible.

Let's start with:

Installing App on New Device

Apparently, to log into the app on a new device (for the new account owner), you need the original referral code or sign up keyword and the last 4 digits of the IMEI.

People have reinstalled the app and done this so it is presumably possible for a new account owner to do this as well on their own device.

I do not see any issue with retaining the last 4 digits of the IMEI for login purposes.

So the only outstanding issue I can think of here is whether the old account owner could subsequently install and log into the app. Is that possible and / or a concern for any buyer?

Opening a New Line on Red Pocket

Firstly, I understand that people have already moved their existing device to new Sprint providers and the cellnuvo account remains open. So the phone and cellnuvo account are divorceable and there are no IMEI issues.

Secondly, I understand that people have opened lines on Red Pocket and either the account number or phone number are used to initiate redemption.

So it appears possible for the new account owner to have the same set up as existing customers and a similar chance of redeeming on Red Pocket.

Housekeeping - Credit Card & Email

Apparently, sign up used to be on the website and email and credit card were provided.

My understanding is that it does not appear possible to change this through self service.

On the credit card front, the simplest solution for the old account owner would be to contact the credit card provider and cancel the card and ask for a new number.

On the email front, it should be possible to simply tell cellnuvo to change the email. It might take a long time, but I do not see any meaningful inconvenience here because the email does not seem to be critical to anything.

CellNUVO doesn't sell anything any more. Credit card is a non-issue. I had used an Amex gift card that had $12 on it seven months ago. I drained that card about five months ago (back when we could still login at cellnuvo.com). Made no difference. I didn't have to enter another.

When did you open your account?

He didn't. He just trolling again

Jt buying hungry hog gold?

No seems he was brokering the transfer from hog to kale.

Hetold hog to use a cc generators to replace his real cc. Which is replacing with a fake fraud cc.
I would think illegal

Perhaps JTSR71 is trying to buy in with a better ROI?

If that were the case, then I would have sent Hungry Hog $30 and worked out the details afterwards. Including acceptance of his terms that even if we can't get it to work, then he keeps the $30.

Maybe mmfacemm will step in as a buyer now, seeing that he successfully redeemed $30 with Sprint. Do that once with Hungry Hog's account and that would be an instant break even.

So it's been 6 hours since I posted this and nobody has given a reason why it's not possible to transfer an account to somebody else.

Which means the next question is, why aren't all the cellnuvo believers making offers to buy gold for pennies on the dollar?

You can't you do not want it. You said so

What about you? Why don't you offer to buy the gold for pennies on the dollar?

You said 1 gold will be worth $1 at Amazon. So don't you want $300 at Amazon for $30?

JTSR71 Posted
"I'd like to explore how to transfer a cellnuvo account to somebody else."

"KentE wrote: Perhaps JTSR71 is trying to buy in with a better ROI?"

"JTSR71" replied "
"If that were the case, then I would have sent Hungry Hog $30 and worked out the details afterwards. Including acceptance of his terms that even if we can't get it to work, then he keeps the $30."

JTSR71 has answered his own question. .
Ergo Est.
Topic resolved
. CLOSED

Maybe we are all just tired of your questions. We've given you enough answers through the months. It is about time that if you want to know more then sign up. You never know you might like it. LOL.

Happy Holidays.

I personally do not offer to buy gold because #1 I don't want to spend real money which is why I am on cellnuvo in the first place and #2 I can get gold myself without paying a dime. #3 there are reasons why transferring gold/an account is problematic.

Re transferring an account, what is problematic?

That's why I estimated a worthwhile price for all to seriously consider is $6. When it starts working SOMEDAY, that'd be $300 Amazon gift cards to spend. Quite a high ROI!

Speaking of Someday... look forward to 2018!

You freaks can't seem to control yourselves LOL. When JTSR71 starts a thread it immediately goes for pages and pages. I'm still cracking up at the Play Store review thread. Is 20 pages a good indication that the fake reviews "don't matter"?

*17 pages is nothing. That is only 168 posts and many of those were calling him out for his fake 1 star review and other tidbits.

The leading cellnuvo thread is 102 pages long and that stopped 2 months ago.

Around these here parts, trolls are well fed & cared for. They're like stray animals or homeless folk in other parts of life.

We love our pet trolls.