Hot Deals - Mobile

I think this is a decent deal @ $10/30 days (must buy 360 days plan) price point??

$120/360 days
Red Pocket (via RP eBay store)
Unlimited minutes & texts
5GB/Month GSMA
3 GB/month CDMA/GSMT

Changes at US Mobile.

Keeping up with the competition.

In some cases maybe some of the lowest cost monthly plans on Verizon network?

Also noted that they plan to add GSMA (AT&T) as an option soon.

In re to their lower cost plans-

US Mobile's base shared data plan costs $10 for a single line and the data allotment has been doubled to 2GB. Customers now have the ability to add automatic top-ups to their shared data plans. Subscribers can have their plans automatically topped up if they fall below 10% of what the base plan includes. Unused top-ups will rollover for one billing cycle.

The MVNO's $5 plan has also been improved to include taxes and fees. It still comes with 500MB of data, 2500 minutes, and 2500 texts. Taxes and fees brought the price of the plan up to $9 in some locations. So this is a big change. Update & Correction : Talk and text has been reduced to 500 minutes and 500 texts on the plan.
The unlimited talk and text plan with no data also includes taxes and fees. It's now $7.5 with taxes and fees included in the price instead of costing over $12.

All above from
US Mobile Adds Hotspot To Unlimited Starter Plan, eSIM For GSM, Automated Top-Ups

Additional lines can be added to the shared data plan for $8 ie: 2 lines sharing 2gb =$18/mo., additional data $2/gb iirc.

So, if you take advantage of the 50 day free trial, port in a # to get the $50 prepaid card (after paying 12 mo.) on the $10 shared plan it would be just a few bits over $5/mo. over that ~415 days of service.

For anyone curious re addon costs to $5 plan, they are nowhere to be found on the US Mobile website so I bothered chat.
$2 for 75 minutes
$3 for 150
$4 for 300
$5 for 500
$6 for 1000

$1.50 for 50 texts
$2 100
$3 300
$4 1000
$5 2000

$1.50 for 50 MB
$2 for 100 MB
$5 for 500 MB
$10 for 2 GB
$15 for 4 GB
$20 for 6 GB
$26 for 15 GB

Nah I'd go the 7.50 Kosher plan it comes with unlimited Talk and Text as opposed to adding buckets of minutes and text to the 5.00 plan Just no data on the kosher plan maybe data can be added ala cart?? Just a thought.

I had that thought also and I believe that you can do it but would need CS or better yet a current US Mobile customer to take a look on the dashboard. Dennis B. over at prepaidcompare seems to indicate it can be done.

But

For me the math doesn't really work unless you rarely ever will need any data (what about MMS?). By the time you add 100mb you might as well be on the $10 unlimited 2gb shared plan.

What they need to do is go to a simple $2/gb like the shared plan, maybe offer $1 or $1.50 for 500mb

US Mobile's newest free promo is 50 GBs of LTE data for 50 days, but only with port in.
So, since I don't have a number to port, I just ordered the $5 plan w/SIM (no taxes) from Hello Mobile , which I'll use as my port in number.

https://www.usmobile.com/get-started

If you purchase the below deal, you can combine the two plans into one, thus realizing 2 years of cell service @ 2400/2400/2400 for $44.

And after following the above steps , you'll be left with one deactivated Orbic Journey V. BUT, this particular flip phone comes unlocked out of the box (both CDMA and GSMA), so no need to wait 60 days with an active plan.
I just did all of the above successfully and put a Target FreedomPop 100/100/100 in the deactivated Orbic phone and it works well.

Here's a good deal : but only for the first 3 months promo price.
35 GB's of high speed data per month before throttling.
(I'm not sure if this promo puts the user on the AT&T or T-Mobile network)

Best I can tell, sims purchased in stores are always T-Mobile and ones purchased online are almost always AT&T. That is, however, just based on information aggregated from other sources, including how their own support pages tell you to determine which instructions to follow for setting up your APN.

1 Like

If the sim is black like the one in the photo

How to get a black SIM card Boost Mobile?

If you order straight from Boost Mobile you will get the black SIM card which runs on ATT network.

1 Like

Boost Retention datapoint...

I logged in to see my acct# and set my (semi)PIN so I could call 611 for the port-out PIN. I was offered a retention offer of half-off next monthly bill and said "No thanks". Then they offered NEXT MONTH FREE. I took it and the whole process was very speedy.

[I was on the last day of my 3-mo unl/unl/5GBdata that I had bought at BestBuy 3 mo ago for $15 total, so I'll wind up with 4 months for $3.75/mo. To verify I got that free month I returned to my acct and where it had just said "Due October 25, 2023 $40-some-odd-dollars" it now said "Due October 25, 2023 $0"]

1 Like

I'll pass on this, but some of the Slick Deal comments are interesting.

BestBuy has it again...

Offer runs through 11/26 so figured I'd point it out since currently in store is the only way to get that price and figured folks may be making a holiday run to Wally world for other stuff.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-Apple-iPhone-SE-2022-3rd-Gen-5G-64GB-Midnight-Prepaid-Smartphone-Locked-to-Straight-Talk/616074177

I tried this on line when it went live but have an order that I assume will likely never ship, like many others in the SD thread (linked below).
Happened to be at a Walmart today and figured I'd waste 2 minutes to be told they didn't have any or there wasn't anyone in electronics dept that could process/activate the deal or insist on a more expensive plan than the $35 one but to my surprise they did have them and an employee (actually 2) who knew how to do the process, did try to insist/upsell the $45 plan but I asked to try processing it with $35 plan, took 10 min. to complete the transaction.
Under $100 OTD for an iPhone SE3 (2022) + a month of service. Phone will unlock in 60 days.
Haven't personally had an iPhone since the 4s but have enough in the family that it couldn't hurt to have a modern one and maintain some familiarity as I'm often called on for support and/or manage the line. Really love the small form factor also, not for the power user or browsing a lot obviously but nice to have a "tiny" (it's quite a bit bigger than the 4s actually) phone that's easy to pocket. Funny how our perception of what is a big or small phone form factor has changed over the past 6-8 years.

Seems like a good deal just for the plan ($5.92/mo. not inc. tax/fees)?

SD thread, maybe another $20 off as "new" customer ($4.25/mo.)
Tracfone 6.5" BLU View 5G Smartphone with Unlimited Talk/ Text & 24GB (1 year service) $70.98?

Hi Redrotors.
As you know, I'm no fan of TF, but if a relative happened to get us that deal for xmas, it'd get good uses - that is until the Blu phone became a disappointment.

Personally I'd not buy anything from tf or Blu after having severe disappointments from both companies - but of course some folks just love 'em.

Luck of the draw, I guess.

PS:
I did look at the offers & the only detail I didn't notice was which network it uses.

Can't disagree with either point.
Reviews on the phone are generally of the "there are better choices at the same price (MSRP) point" sort.
I suppose that is why it is basically a free phone being included (with case and car charger) with a plan discounted to less than half the plans rack rate.
I think most people would accept a valuation of the included plan at ~$100 as fair when considering these bundles. This is the first time I've noticed a bundle with this plan for under $100. Seems to indicate QVC's / TF's assessment of the blu phone's value?
They're "paying you" $30 to take the phone, please. :wink:

After activating the plan on the phone the plan could be transferred/combined to a current TF #/service plan or to a different unloced or TF locked phone (would require a $1 BYOD TF SIM "kit").
The blu phone would unlock or be unlockable after day 60 from activation.

Since VZW acquisition of TF, in general, all new service is on VZW towers, no longer any other option AFAIK. Always exceptions, apparently dealers MAY still be able to start service on T-mo still, some may have managed to retain other networks service by hook or by crook but I haven't followed that so not sure.

TF brands are grouped under the "Verizon Value" division along with Visible.

1 Like

TF is now also actively selling service on the T-Mobile network.

https://www.tracfone.com/kyop/simcards/keep-your-own-phone-sim-kit--tmobile

1 Like

Thanks Boz, though it was only an oddball dealer thing.
Was that SIM available all along since VZW acquisition or something recent?

I think it's more recent. It seems like TF/Vzw rethought their decision to be Vzw only, at least for the time being.

1 Like

Maybe also minding some legal i dotting & t crossing requirements from the purchase agreement.