Freemii issues and updates - currently 1GB / month on pink

Sorry to say, data crapped out at 946mb over the holiday weekend for me. Glad I had a backup line. I waited until Monday to report it and was surprised to get a response from support within a few minutes. Response. Still waiting for the fix/reset.

How are you measuring your data use? I have the mobile data used function on the phone, but what dates are the "measuring stick"?

I have a pixel 6a and used the built in data usage "report" under SIM. I just got the SIM last week so this was my first few days of usage. Counter made it to 0.97gb when I got a message that I was out of data. Seems I did speed test a couple too many times while traveling.

Also, update: service has been restored as of half hour ago.

There's a new (to me) FAQ on FreeMii support page titled "I want to port out my FreeMii number - and keep my membership account". I'm going to look into this. 98% of my contacts have my Google voice number. But there's a small number of people -plus a website or three-that has my FreeMii number, either for 2FA or RCS chat functionality. Thinking I'll port over to the AT&T prepaid double data plan and hope a new service provider is found to re-establish a Blue network. (Not holding my breath, but I can hope.) Pink is amazing in town, but still pretty trash in rural Michigan.

OK...thanks. I was thinking about trying the TMo Test Drive...although TMo is a little sketchy here. I'll hold off a bit and see what happens...I'm on Red, but it has the same 1GB limit right now.

T Mo and AT&T are about the same preformance wise where I am. Niether of them are really great or really bad. Verizon is still the best in my area.

Yeah, same here. I'm getting along on 1GB, as long as I stick to recorded music or XM radio instead of streaming Spotify. Even if they could just raise the limit to 2 or 3 GB, I'd be fine.

Spotify does indeed use up a lot of data, especially their commercials. I have found that Pandora is much more data efficient.

If you are using Freemii on an android phone that is not your main driver, I would strongly consider sideloading modded Spotify version 8.4.74.463. It will give you commercial free Spotify without needing to pay for the monthly subscription. I wouldn't sideload that onto my main driver, though, due to high risk of the app compromising your personal info.

Thanks. I have a paid subscription, have had it for a long time. I'm doing OK by downloading my playlists and albums over wifi, then switching to "offline" mode. I'm a lightweight user otherwise, so not too cramped by the 1GB limit. Have my fingers crossed for the longevity of FreeMii, it's been great up to now.

Just e-mailed Monika, asking for an update on the 1GB issue, this is the reply:

Hello Dennis, thank you for checking in. Unfortunately we have no exact date for returning to a regular schedule yet.

Let us know, please, whenever you need a data recycle.

No service as of today....pink network.

same with mine no service

Is all of pink sims are down? I tried my line after a week gap yesterday andnit is not working, so wondering the same. If i call my freemii # i am gett error message stating thatbit is restricted

Looks like it. ugh ....

From Monika:

In a nutshell the answer is "no, the PINK Network is not down - the network provider of the BLUE Network did go out of business" over a weekend end August.

We ported all affected numbers to the PINK Network and whoever hasn't submitted the form for the emergency network swap SIM, or submitted it with a bogus email ID or non-FreeMii MDN and hasn't responded on our follow up email, is still "using" a dead SIM card, i.e. without service.

On the other hand, membership fees only cover a small fraction of the operational and network fees.

For now there's a 1GB data guard in place on both the PINK and the RED Network, which means wifi is best or members have to write in for a manual recycle every time there's a service disruption. We receive the requests and schedule them with the network technician. Sometimes fixing the service interruption takes long, for about a random 5% of the phone numbers, the re-cycle process seems to be down and it takes a long time. Our developers are working on a resolution

We know this is not an ideal solution but our members may either maintain their line(s) with the downgrade or port to another service with any applicable refund from us

We can also waive any fees if members wish to return to FreeMii in the future.

i still have zero service

What is Monika's email address?

support@freemii-inc.intercom-mail.com

Thanks (20 characters)

Mine is still down. I reported multiple times and still it is not fixed.

Same reported several times and they apparently have sent it to a technician to fix but still no service. It appears to connect to 4g and my phone number is still listed in settings but nothing works.

Emailed David but no response.