Earning CellNUVO Points

Just curious at to whether anyone has received referral credits yet?

My account has renewed as well as the account of an individual who used me as a referral source but I have not gotten any referral credits yet.

I was wondering if it is a glitch in the system or whether it is just my account that is affected.

No one is seeing them yet

Referral credits are in as of this morning. I gained 19,943 referral credits! Thanks to all those that used my referral code! I really appreciate you!

Where specifically are you seeing your referral credits?

I used your referral code because you contacted CellNUVO early on, and I posted "90,000 thanks" to you in the R+ thread for doing that!

First ... thanks so much for using my code. I had a spare phone...cellNuvo had to code to waive activation fee... why not jump in. :slight_smile: Anywho... really appreciate it!

This morning I noticed my balance shot up a lot. That made me think I wonder if referral credits are posted. I logged into my account at cellnuvo.com with my email address and password to see their dashboard. The referral credits show on the right hand side in the Credit Summary boxes.

Wow! Catch must have used your referral (the 100k guy!) These will only have been the referrals signing up from the Feb 7-10 so more to come if you have more!

Ahh yes I see the referral line now, thanks.

Glad to help you out, I just wish I'd have moved over right away instead of going to Ting first as I'd have a lot more credits by now!

How did you determine his referrals are only from Feb 7-10?

Cellnuvo have stated that referrals are supposed to post the day after the referral's billing period ends. So since today is 11th March then the only referrals to post must be those that started Feb 7-10 since their billing periods ended Mar 7-10. Classical signed up on the 7 Feb I believe.

Here's a data point to add to the points-earning discussion:

Using the beta app, this morning, I reset my data counters and swiped until I earned 200 credits.

I saw two 10 point kiip ads (the ones for Blue Apron) and the rest were Coast Guard, MaltoMeal and Silk ads.

It's a fairly "dry" morning, with each video requiring about 15 swipes.

I earned 200 points, which would buy 20 MB, but the CellNUVO app consumed 27.4 MB in the process.

If I had gotten any of the 5 point ads the results would probably have been worse.

Basically the app converts megabytes to cellular minutes and does so with something less than 100℅ efficiency.

If your CellNUVO phone was your only connection to the world it is unlikely that it could ever be self sustaining. You need access to free data in order to make it work.

If CellNUVO were to zero rate ad data they could put virtually all negative arguments to rest. It would be nobody's business if they chose to serve 5 point ads or 15 point ads.

I realize that they're a tiny company trying to make ends meet, but they need to move the math into positive territory.

Ok thanks for clarifying, it's good to see referral credits are working.

Yes the app uses data when downloading ads and offers, and yes you want to be on wifi when swiping for these offers or you will use more data than credits you earn. I don't see any scenario where CellNUVO could zero rate cellular data while swiping. They are an MVNO that has to pay Sprint for all usage, so the best they could do is use better compression when sending the swipd offers in order to lower all app data usage. Yes it's a limitation on the ability to earn credits at the moment, no question.

Another option they could consider is sending a days worth of offers at one time, say once per day. Then you could conceivably swipe and earn credits offline for the rest of that day -- that would be my preference and a good compromise to the current situation.

I really don't see many using cellular data only to earn silver. There are also many free wifi locations if necessary so I am not sure if cellnuvo will ever make that change.
One solution would be if you could buy a 2g only data package at the beginning of the month (assuming it is fast enough to load ads - have to check that) and then you could use that to earn credits for the rest of the month.

I live in a community where 80% of the residents require government assistance and most of them don't have internet access, at home. If the CellNUVO ecosystem were self-sustaining I could get a lot of people signed up.

I don't know what their revenue is, per ad, or if it's enough to pay for the data plus give credits to the end user and still have a slice left, for profit, but if there is enough room for those three then they might be able to rearrange the math a little to make it self-sustaining.

I tried earning credits on Tello's 2g data, this morning, and the process was a bit slower (about half the speed) but it was tolerable. Unlimited throttled data could certainly be an option for those who don't have any other options.

None of them qualify for lifeline? I would imagine that would be a better option.

Lifeline only gives you 200 minutes per month.

One of my friends is an substitute bus monitor who gets called in, at the last minute, when one of the full timers takes the day off. Coordination of her work schedule uses up nearly 200 minutes/month, all by itself.

She uses about 1100 minutes per month and about two thirds of those are not discretionary. The other third are minutes spent talking to her daughter, in another city.

I'm currently paying for her to be on the Tello $6 plan and I ported her RingPlus number to Google Voice so that she could have unlimited everything. Her first choice was CellNUVO, however, because she preferred to be self-sufficient.

If CellNUVO ever becomes self-sustaining we'll move her there, instead.

today i saw nothing other than tapjoy. no kiip no video... sometime after i swipe the phone the screen will flash quickly and return to homepage of cellnuvo app. usually that is the sign of a video but no i see nothing.

It has been pretty dry for beta testers today too.

Usually the flashing thing resolves itself. I've had that happen before and it fixed itself.

Referral points are now showing against the names for me.

I am seeing them too. I got 2400 extra points. I am liking this service more and more.!