CellNUVO

Great news!! This will be no problem. I have over 1000 credits after 3 days of swiping while doing other things.

I am building up credits while using a free Twigby month. Then the plan is to see if I can sustain ad credits for my usage patterns with enough cushion in the event i have to make a longer than my average call.

WOOT!

I don't think we can use iphone with them... so I can't use it. :frowning:

Thanks for the clarification on not needing 2500/month anymore. When logging into your account online or on your phone's app, it does say you only need 1 Credit, so I was a bit confused from day 1.

Still not earning all that much, mostly just those Kiip awards. Did a few app downloads, got the credit and deleted it. I've done a few surveys, but they take forever and are unreliable. Video opportunities don't come by much.

In 3 days, I only have ~ 900 and that's me being very active about it. I'll probably back off now and just accumulate the Kiip credits as they come. This is just a test/backup phone for now, so not needing to rack up too many points.

As there is apparently no need to maintain 2500 credits for the Infinity Plan, does anyone know what the requirements are to keep it free?

Does anyone know what the allotment(s) are, per month, on the new Infinity Plan ( I am guessing that it remains 2500 )?

I asked about the welcome credits and received this reply...

"Yes our ad partner has not been sending us many of those lately and instead replaced them with many smaller 10 credit ads which are not limited to just one a day, so you can actually earn more. Also we will be updating the app in the next week or so that will give you meany more credit opportunities, including the ability to earn large batches of credits, in the hundreds and even thousands. The website will be updated to reflect the new app and the new credit opportunities within the next week or so. "

So looking good!!

Can we change the title off is thread Hungryghost to just Cellnuvo or something? I've invited the Cellnuvo CEO to join in case he is interested!

Thanks......I think that Cellnuvo so far looks like a nice replacement to Ring Plus. I have been accruing points with not much effort and it looks like it might get easier. My calls sound clear ; the data is fast; and technical support answers requests relatively fast. And it hasn't cost anything so far for the service

Too keep the Infinity plan free, you need to have a minimum of 500 credits in your account and accrue at least one point per month. If you don't want to accumulate points by watching ads, etc., you can also purchase 2500 points (equal to 250 minutes) for $10.

Hi folks.

One of our new customers suggested I come on here and Introduce myself. My name is Tom Mannix, and I am one of the Co-Founders of CellNUVO.

What a totally crazy week this has been!

First, for those who reached out to our support this past Monday through about 2pm on Tuesday, I need to apologize - the tsunami of new customers really jammed our support staff up, totally unexpected but great to see so many new folks coming on to our network.

When we saw the spike in calls and support emails, we staffed up and put all available hands on deck doing support - I mean everyone.

If you contacted us and were not happy with the support you received, or were not happy with the results of our support, email me tom@cellnuvo.com. If something is broke on our end, you let us know and I will make it a priority to fix it.

Speaking of breaking things - you folks sure do know how to to find things on our website that aren't clear or were not 100% accurate (we think we got most of this addressed). Even better, some of the questions you shot over to us made us rethink some things.

We dumped the 2500 min. earn per month. You said you didn't like it, so we dropped it. Now you have to earn just 1 credit per month.
You wanted to be able to quickly turn roaming on or off, we now have a dedicated support set up to take those requests in - roaming@cellnuvo.com.
These are the two big things, there were a lot more that we did, or soon will be, addressing.

Now some really good news, we have been working on making our service bigger and better and we will be launching an update to our app in the coming days, and no its not that different then what you see now, its just better because there will be more partner messages,, better credit earning opportunities and sleeker.

This updated version launch is the precursor to....our iPhone version coming out. The target on that is 30 days, that's our target, things can go wrong, but that's the target.

Anyway, I really want to welcome you all to our service - this is exciting for our team, and hopefully exciting for all our new users.

If you need something, or if something isn't right you can email support - support@cellnuvo.com.

If you are in Chicago around the South loop and it happens to be lunch time, shoot me an email, there is a great beef stand right under our office, I'd love to take you to lunch and get your feedback on our service.

• Tom Mannix

Thanks Tom!
It was I who suggested you come to the forum and it is really great to see you here. A big WELCOME!

Great to hear of the good things coming and that you are willing to listen to customers! Looking forward to getting my iphone on the service in about a month.

Some future desires:

1. I'd like to see the ability to swap phones online without having to contact support.

2. Also someone asked me if you could install the app on another phone that doesn't have cellnuvo service (double the earning ability!) but currently you can only activate it on the phone tied to the cellnuvo service. It would be great to be able to just use the app on a non cellnuvo phone and still earn credits for the cellnuvo phone/account. Even better to me would be if you could earn credits from a laptop.

3. Someone on reddit commented - "I'd like to be able to turn off data on my kids' phones but you can't on CellNuvo like you could on Ringplus"
    I imagine you could arrange that with an email to support but I think he wants the ability to toggle it on and off in his account settings.

Keep up the good work! It is nice to still be getting free service after the end of ringplus.

James

JTSR71 - we dropped the ball on some of the support, we were overwhelmed for about 30 hours. Email me your info (IMEI or Account#) - I'm going to make it up to you.

Thanks
Tom Mannix
tom@cellnuvo.com

I want to bring some clarity here.

Our service is set up to help you earn enough credits to keep you going.

In the app, you can either be teal, green, yellow or red.

Teal = You're in great shape
Green = You're in decent shape and may want to earn some credits.
Yellow = Hmmm...you need to spend some time earning here so you don't go red
Red = Earn credits ASAP.

If you dip beneath 500 credits your phone will be suspended in terms of cellular/network connectivity. You can simply jump on wifi, earn credits and be back in business.

If this needs more clarification please let me know.

Thanks
Tom Mannix

Famous last words. :wink:

Does not work! Signed up online, got activation code, downloaded app, entered PIN. Web site now says activation failed and app shows 0 credits. Glitch galore!

Hello Tom

It's great to see CellNuvo responding to input.

Having several people relying on me as to where we go from Ring+, I setup a line to test how easy it would be to transition from Ring+ to CellNuvo. The setup was easy and everything worked initially, however the app began freezing and not updating usage or credits. To try and resolve the issue, I uninstalled and reinstalled the CellNuvo app, this did not resolve the problem and now the app will not register with my account.

Since you indicate you're coming out with an updated app, I suppose it would be best to wait for the update and try again?

Also, some help on number porting would be quite useful. As per the website instructions, I tried calling the customer support number to initiate a port but haven't been able to actually speak with anyone. if you could please advise the most efficient method to proceed with a number port that would be a great help.

I am really considering joining CellNUVO this for a couple RingPlus refugee phones. But, I locked up my extra phones in Tello accounts already, and I am waiting for port out of some lines to Ting. What would you all suggest?

Is this the next big thing in free cell service?

Can someone point me to the "free activation" instructions?

Did anyone have good results with a port in from RP to CellNUVO, or would it be better to cancel RP phone?

It's nice to see some of the respected RP bloggers here!

Free activation is easy. Just sign up with someone's referral code - there is a box to enter it in during sign up. Preferably use mine please :slight_smile:
https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/146325/#Comment_146325
A few successful port ins reported but easiest is to cancel phone and start again if the number doesn't matter to you.

[quote="UltimateGladiator"]

Just did last night. :slight_smile:
However, service is not working... waiting on support to fix.

What is the issue?

I heard there is no app for iPhone just yet. So, is there a way to earn credit if I bring over an iPhone or is that not advisable?

Great to see you over here on nthcircle!! I sure hope this is the next thing in free cell service. Seems like more work than we had to do with RP+, however, this makes more sense. If ad revenue = profit then we shall see CellNUVO around for a long time.

As far as signup. On there home page, you put in the IMEI, First and Last Name, phone number. Now this phone number is just a contact number. For those not porting in...this can be confusing. Porting is done later on or via email support. For free activation use a referral code. Use the ones in the proper place/thread/post set aside for referral links on RP+ forums or this forum. Some have not used the official threads for referral links. Enter this in the referall text box in the shopping cart. Make sure to press the button next to this box. I accidently pressed the promo code button. It shot out an error message. I just went back in and pressed the correct one and then it worked. Keep going through... and wait for emails from CellNUVO.

Next download the app to the phone. Goto settings, enter referral code, select activate phone. The app does the rest. You can activate phones with Android 2.3 and higher... however only the higher versions of android get the best ad campaigns with the easy to earn credits. I have android 4.4.4 and an android 2.3.5 ... will prob find a different phone to replace the android 2.3.5. Once activated... swipe to earn. You can read more if you follow this post backwards. Tom the cofounder has explained a lot of things and provided clarifications. :slight_smile:

I have not ported...others have and have had success. I wanted to make I could earn enough credits for my usage. After this month, I'll be porting my Twigby line over here!! :slight_smile:

Good luck! And hope you find success in activating and using CellNUVO! I'm pretty impressed and having lots of fun!