Cellnuvo has closed my account

I hate this business relationship with redpocket. If Tom had signed me up with Tello with that amount of money I am very sure that I would still have plenty of minutes. Tom! Tom! Tom! .... are you listening?

Accounts closed. Looks like they released phones. So it means we are loosing numbers again???

Of course.
Do yourself a favor and get a google number.

For those who's lines are still active with Red Pocket and have the original numbers, it would be wise to port out now before the original numbers are lost again. Even though your lines are still active now, don't count on it to remain active.

I staying until they take 300 gold out of my cold dead hands. I'm not smart

I still have the option to purchase add ons on the closed line. You could buy 100 minututes for $2.00 and then port out.

Stoked that some still work. FWIW those same people should input their 10-digit phone number (no account or identity required) here...

I am going to buy that cheap phone from Best buy and use freedompop sim.

Mobile Number: xxx-xxx-xxxx

Closed

CDMAS

Plan expiration date:2017-10-28

Current Plan:
30 Day- Cell Nuvo Plan

Once my line gets closed I may sign up for the $10.00 essentials plan and see if cellnuvo will pay for that plan out of my gold as their new ad promised. LOL

Now you make me think that cellnuvo new website update is a scam. Because cellnuvo may well go ahead to pay redpocket for our phone service. If this cannot be done, how can I expect it to be done when I sign up with verizon or TMobile?

This system, for sure, not ready yet. You will be paying 10.00 for 500/500/500 plan. If this is more or less your usage, you good.
For me 100/0/200 is perfect. Why I need PAYG plan.

I would like to keep my number to port out to Tello. Would I really be able to re-open my account with RP for $2??

Your phone number might have been taken up by another redpocket user since your phone has been released.

I inputted my # and it said: 30 day CellNUVO plan with expiration date: 11/9/2017. Phone is still working. Oh--and account says "Active".

I was going to buy a months time just to see what happens. Not holding my breath.

I have the purchase add ons option on the website so that should open your account back up to give you time to port out.

My guess is that if CN somehow manages to stay in business, then they would simply add 10 golds to your account. Hard for me to imagine they cutting you a check for 10 bucks.

Which is, he ends up buying 10 golds? Lol

What did you buy? $2 additional minutes? Account status changed from "Closed" to "Active"?