CellNuvo App

I don't like someone else getting my ESNs. No telling what they could do with them.

Yep, it's pretty messed up. And someone has my original phone number. But it may not matter anyway if we are not getting them back from CN. It's been 3 weeks since we lost our numbers...and the silent treatment from CN...not feeling too optimistic right now about getting it back.

I just checked the ESN on my CN account with Ting and it shows an HTC Sprint touch pro 2 ready for activation. Maybe CN is using these ESNs to somehow get our numbers back.

I hope so. The problem is I have someone else's complete account on my phone with his/her massive amount of silvers attached to it. Not sure if this is the right way to get our original numbers back.

lucky you!

i hope i get chelle's, not because of her wealth, but because i like her. lol :woohoo:

Haven't you heard? Easy comes...easy goes. We are talking about CN here...where nothing is as it seems.

I just checked my real ESN on Ting and it says my note 2 is ready for activation. I am still able to make and receive phone calls with it, but have no data.

The presence of that particular phone tied to your number may be an encouraging sign.

A reminder: by design, it isn't possible to 'hold' a number without an ESN attached. When a company needs ESN's to attach temporarily to hold a number, they are generally from placeholder phones that have little to no market value-- older flip phones, feature phones, very early androids, and..... windows mobile phones. The HTC seems to be a Windows Mobile device, and may be a logical choice for a placeholder.

how do you explain that michael got 250,000 silvers? if it is for placeholder, the place holder should be associated with the old number in your account for you to swap later.

All i get is "Invalid Hash" when refreshing account info, the ESN and number has not changed inside the app.

"how do you explain that michael got 250,000 silvers? if it is for placeholder, the place holder should be associated with the old number in your account for you to swap later."

I don't attempt to explain it.
You are also correct that the most likely place for a pre-existing placeholder for a placeholder is attached to the original number. We haven't had any visibility to see whether or not a placeholder is there.
...but .....

1. If we hope that our old numbers are somewhere with a placeholder attached to hold the number..
    and
  2. we want our original phone back on our original number.
    and
  3. our original phone is currently attached to a temporary number
    then
  4. via the 3-way swap technique, it is necessary to swap a placeholder into the temporary number to free up the original phone to swap back to the original number.

Since the reports indicate the unknown ESN's are currently inactive, maybe this is groundwork to do the swaps with minimal downtime.

(the above includes speculation and guesswork...... but it's not even likely that anyone has that particular phone on CN-- I think it probably wouldn't pass an activation test, since it can't possibly run the app-- and I think that non-conforming phones require special intervention to activate on CN.)
Now, it people start seeing Moto G's, for example, that don't belong to them show up as the device on their account, my speculation gets a little more speculative......

here is the wrong esn in my phone's cellnuvo app.

Looks like I now have a North Carolina area code 919

It's beautiful, this time of year.

Yup just looking at the pics of north carolina. Think I will love it.

Anyone's CN app crashing and not loading? It started crashing this morning, it worked fine last night. App version 2.59, running Android 8.0, Nexus 5x. No system updates / changes occurred since it last worked. This line never received a temp number and has not worked since the original outage. No matter how many times I try opening the app, it crashes while trying to load. If it were not for all the weird issues going on right now with the app, I would assume it was related to Android 8.0, but I've also had that installed for over a week and it has been working fine during that time.

I'm getting 10 point kiip ads tonight. Everything adding up correctly. Force stop app sometimes

i have no problem in making points but i wonder if i am actually making for that account in my cellnuvo app.

is the setting information in your cellnuvo app correct?

Different numbers in app