Awesome Hack for ZTE Blade A7 Prime

I don't think you'll get it to work with dual sim. The sim tray only fits one and there is only one imei (there is space with the micro sd slot but they appear to have altered the tray so no sim fits) In mtk engineering there is a sim2 selection so I think the hardware is there but likely disabled. You'll need a new sim tray at the very least from the non visible version.

I love that the same band selection that's accessible on the Blade A7 is also accessible on the Blade 10.

It turns out that we don't have Band 66, here in Podunk, but Band 13 is plenty fast enough for me.

Every time i make a call the network goes haywire and won't go back to 4g. It goes blank for a minute then locks onto 2g and stays there.

If anyone gets it to work properly please do share.

Is this with the T-Mobile SIM installed?

yes just trying tmo right now. Visible works great.

[strike]I think the issue is there is no 3g on this phone. There is no setting that auto switches between 2g and 4g. So when I call and it goes to 2g I have to manually switch it back to 4g in the network settings for it to work again.

Someone on slickdeals said theirs went to 3g which doesn't seem to make sense. Unless my location doesn't have any 3g signal on any available 3g band? I used to get 3g here so that seems unlikely.

Apparently I'm the only one who has problems as everyone on slick deals report it working.[/strike]

Okay nevermind. Factory resetted it as I was getting nowhere. Works now.

Edit Figured it was using the mtk engineering app when I turned on band 12 that caused the problem. Just did it now and my problem has reappeared. So yes don't do that.

Mint mobile data & t&t work fine on my Blade 10. Entered the Mint APN setting, used MTK app to select bands, used force network app to set network to GSM auto, and all is well with using GSM on device. Nice phone with both GSM and CDMA to boot. Thanks to Chelle for the app pointers.

Question: In the display area at the top of the phone next to the wifi signal indicator there is a little square box within a box indicator that I have no idea what it's for. Does anyone know? EDIT: forget the question since I discovered the square box indicates that "do not disturb" is off, which was disturbing until I found out.

Cool! I got mine yesterday but it is sitting inside the box that it was shipped on the garage during its 3 day COVID-19 detox period we give our incoming packages. Hope to work on that this weekend.

Edit:
I am surprised I have manged to keep it out since it is tech and I usually go for it right away. The force is strong with this one! :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit 2:

I love this idea as well provided the company cannot charge the price as stated on the terms, as that behavior is clear abuse in my book.

"MVNO Research", who supposedly works for Visible, had the following to say about SD, swaps, and when Visible will might offer swaps for ZTE phones again. If true, it'll be some time before swaps are offered again.

From Reddit: "MVNOResearch commented on Meid number phone swap •r/Visible
•Posted byu/redditchamp007
mrmushroom08
2 points
·
1 day ago
Yeah I missed it. Was able to add it to my cart, but couldn't submit the order. Sold Out and no replacement.
see more
MVNOResearch
4 points
·
1 day ago
Somebody posted the deal to Slickdeals, and we got crushed. This happened with the Moto e6 back in January, and out of the group that came from Slickdeals, less than 5% are still subscribers. So, they just ruined it for everybody. We will have to stay out of stock until ZTE can get us more A7s. Slickdeals sucks.

FrostieWaffles
1 point
·
17 hours ago
·
edited 16 hours ago
That's a shame, I was really wanting to do a swap for it today after seeing this reddit thread.
see more
MVNOResearch
4 points
·
15 hours ago
no need to do that, swap is going to be off for nearly the next month until ZTE can get us more stock and we can get the port requirement completed."

I doubt requiring port-ins on the next swap deal will fully curb abuse, for I believe port only numbers can be purchased on eBay for $5 or so.

It will help. It'll make it harder to buy 8 phones.

It's kind of nice to see a Visible rep commenting on this. I'm not surprised that they are aware of what's going on, and the 5% conversion rate will obviously put the entire swap program in peril.

I really liked the swap program, and personally would not/could not have considered a move to Visible without it. (No compatible BYOP phone here without that program, and beyond my 'experiment' budget.)

If I was really dependent on my carrier-issued phone #, though, I'd still be hesitant to port my primary # there without checking to see if they've improved their performance in that area. (To many reports of mangled ports for me to be comfortable.)

It should help some at the very least. But yeah, there goes the Slickdeals effect... it confirms that these phones were gone like locusts raiding a field... devastation and some seriously poor ROI on an offer they intend to have a certain number of subscribers.

It's just like those MetroPCS offers - now one has to go through a bunch of red tape (e.g. ported numbers must be active for x number of months) due to people abusing the promotion meant to increase a subscriber base.

Thankfully, we do not have a habit of moving our numbers a lot (just when the plan won't meet needs or a seriously better offer comes up).

Glad I jumped on it fast, as I was afraid of Slickdeals getting wind of it and the abusers getting bunches of these phones. Best of luck to those looking for the swap deal. Hopefully, it's not a royal pain on the next run.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this Blade 10.

I have to admit that I like it nearly as much as my LG X Charge, which has turned out to be my favorite phone that I've ever had-- so that's very high praise coming from me.

$25 for a high quality phone is splendid. Currently, it's hard to find a good, cheap, and quickly shipped case for it, so I forked out about $15 on eBay for the one that I believe Visible sells for about $25.

EDIT: Noticed the shipping time on this case has increased dramatically since I placed my order, which I should receive on May 7th.

I like slickdeals normally but there is no way I would post a visible deal on there. It is clear what happens once they catch wind of them. It is very frustrating as a visible customer to see these programs get abused. Yes it is true most are following the rules but that just means the rules will have to change unfortunately and porting isn't going to be enough. It is unlikely they include a higher end phone or a moto on the swap program again :frowning: I just hope they don't get rid of it entirely.

I too am enjoying my new blade 10!

Indeed!

One difference I've noticed between the ZTE Blade 10 Prime and the ZTE Blade A7 Prime is that, if you enable or disable LTE bands using the MTK Engineering Mode app, the changes persist through a reboot of the A7 but not the 10.

The A7 may not have bands 12 & 66 but the persistence aspect is a very nice feature.

A7 is back in stock

Slickdeals already buying them up so if you want one better get it quick.

There are supposed to be new phones end of May on the swap program but at this rate slickdeals is going to kill the program. zte 10 blade is not coming back.

I had seen them, this morning, and immediately got my friend signed up. (He's been patiently waiting for more swap phones to arrive.)

I'm glad it's a ZTE phone. In order to use the Engineering Mode hack you really need that Mediatek chipset and I wanted to make sure that he'd have a good experience. So we're happy!

If you plan to stay with Visible the A7 really is the better choice, over the 10, because the LTE band selection persists through a reboot.

If you're planning to use the phone with another carrier then the 10 is probably the better choice.

I think the only way the Blade 10 Prime will be back on the swap program is if nothing else is available for a really extended period of time. I fear that Visible has learned it's lesson from the last time. Even the Moto E6 seems like a long shot, but I'm guessing it costs less for Visible to provide than the Blade 10.