128 GB Essential Phone - $145 (+tx) from Sprint

I'm not seeing an offer for the G6 anywhere. Can't say if I'm getting one until I see the price, the fine print and check xda for a DIY SIM unlock tutorial. I, generally, avoid buying cell phones from Best Buy (especially when connected to a carrier agreement). They always have additional stipulations. Push come to shove, I can get one from Sprint for $100 (personal hook-up).

My Essential purchase went smoothly and my line is back to being upgrade eligible. I may do a rinse and repeat for the free camera. I really don't need it though. The one I got already is still BNIB. I have far far far too many phones.

As you know, Apple replaced my X. Working on getting it unlocked. Haven't activated the replacement yet either. Personally, I like the hardware, but otherwise, I'm not impressed (for a variety of reasons). Facial recognition unlock is a real turn-off.

Here is the G6 deal
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/lg-g6-offer/pcmcat1509132257640.c?id=pcmcat1509132257640
If you can get it for $100 then you won't want to do this.

I don't care for the essential 360 camera - a bit of fun for 5 minutes but who is really going to have some genuine use for it? Might increase resale value though if you ever decide to sell it.

Yeah, see. There's that vague language: "If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance on device becomes due." Always a crap shoot with that.

Yes that was what I was concerned about with the essential phone but that one was fine. I imagine it will all be there in the installment docs. This deal appears to be a repeat of one done several times this year and people were happily getting a premium phone for $120 + taxes and fees. Will see. Good thing is there are always people on slickdeals doing it before you so there are usually no surprises.

trying to purchase from sprint online. What's the different between ship and pickup from store? I saw message that pickup from store has a different least option.

They make you pay a bunch of extra tax if you pick up. I'd ship. It will get to you tomorrow.

thanks

There's a $10 shipping fee if you elect to have it delivered. How is it there's "extra" tax assessed for in-store pickup?

I read in slickdeals something about charging tax on the full price of the phone or something. Don’t recall the details and the thread is too big to find it easily.

reddit and xda

Mine unlocked after a couple of days after pay off. Not sure about the relock as I sold it. Didn’t sell with the sprint sim so it is probably still unlocked. I don’t think sprint can relock unless the sprint sim is in and connected to their network. I checked ting and there is a financial eligiblity flag but that should clear up as it was fully paid off.

My g6 also unlocked by itself after a couple of days after pay off.