128 GB Essential Phone - $145 (+tx) from Sprint

Depends when you signed up. I can't add it to my free line as I signed up after the cut off. At one point you could upgrade as early as September but my upgrade date for the free line is 1 Dec. I had to open a new paid line. I only have one free line so could just add a paid line to my current account. I ported out today and the paid line has gone.

It cost me $155.15 after tax in total but they have not added the $10 shipping fee yet and I am not sure if the $30 activation will be charged or or not (it was supposed to be charged but credited back in 3 billing cycles - I've seen nothing in my billing area). I imagine I will get a few days of the $40 plan billed next month too. Should be under $200 whatever they charge which I am happy with.

Best way is to log in, go to a line, manage devices and check upgrade eligibility. If it says you are eligible now for an upgrade you can do it. Careful to read the text to be sure and not think the large green box is a sign you are eligible.

I suppose I should have qualified that:
Most of those here who have added Sprint lines since August are not eligible for the offer on an existing line.
With that in mind, I am positive that this offer does not have the goal of getting that group of people to stay with Sprint.

I don't have a problem with Sprint's decision to exclude a large group of existing customers from this offer. It's a business decision, and not necessarily a bad one: if the Essential offer was available to me on my existing Sprint line (1 year unlimited), I'd likely take them up on the offer-- it would not likely encourage me to become a long-term customer, and would not benefit Sprint during the time I plan on staying.

thanks for all the information.
mmfacemm, I saw the Essential phone is able to be on the year free plan, why not register it under the plan?

mmfacemm, review your message, the total of your cost will $155.15

• $10 shipping +$30 activation + $40 plan= $235,15 is that correct?

If you close the line before 14 days the activation should be removed. Also the $40 plan cost should be pro rated.

So $155.15 + $10 + $3 for the plan = $168.15. That is what I am expecting.

Starting 11/23. purchase Essential and get Essential 360 Camera for free.

link please. Will they end the phone deal by that time?

SOURCE

anyone can post the least agreement? I am afraid have to pay the full price when ending the least. I also find on SD someone talking about sprint least is DPP, what's that stand for? anyone as full detail of the term? thanks

Before you confirm the purchase you can view your particular lease and check the payoff (POP) is $30.

It has been done so many times I don’t think you have anything to worry about. Check the slickdeals thread for the latest chatter on the deal.

THANKS mmfacemm, Do you know LG G6 at bestbuy has same least term?

I think the lg g6 bestbuy deal is slightly different as it isn't a lease. It is on a 24 month installment plan. It should work exactly the same though. Sign up via bestbuy and then chat to pay off via sprint. Then port out to close the line if you want to do that. They did the LG deal before a couple of times so again slickdeals has a ton of info how best to make use of that. Long couple of threads though! I am thinking of doing it to so will keep posting in this thread if I do.

You can take a look at BB's Black Friday Preview HERE.

If buying from Sprint via Flex Lease, avoid any offers that include a "/month credit" for 18 months. in order to get the promotional price you'll have to stay with Sprint for at least 18 months.

Thanks - looks like it starts this Sunday. 19th Nov.

Those doorbuster deals are legendary. Have fun.

No I meant the lg g6 deal online. I stay well clear of stores if I can help it especially Black Friday weekend.

I thought Sprint eliminated Installment Billing (IB).

Smart. Same here. If it can't be ordered online, I wait until after the holidays.

On their website yes - they moved to these "flex pay" leases.

Bestbuy still does installments and even apple will let you get a 2 year contract if you go direct with them.

Yes if I can't get one of the lgs then I will leave it or hope they do it again later. Not a big deal. Are you getting one? How is the iphone X? I can't bring myself to pay that much for a phone though it is tempting. Having used the essential phone the notches aren't that big of a deal. I kind of like it.