Xfinity Mobile: $200 Off Select Phones

From the Xfinity page...a required 2 year contract with full payment penalty if cancelled:

Meh.
Here's more:

Pity - now the LG phones are becoming throwaways like the Moto phones.

I always wonder - will the phones and/or batteries even last out the required 2 years - or will folks need to get new phones even more often than many are already forced to do ??

My opinion in such matters has not changed; phones need to last years, not months, and batteries need to be easily replaced rather than fastened in.
(It amazes me to see folks thrilled to actually BUY such disposable junk.)
((Remember the chevettes ??))

[left][/left]The monthly charge is $0.04 for the lg. A pay off of $1 if you end service or leave. No contract.

Removable batteries are a thing of the past since most people upgrade regularly and want waterproofing which is harder to implement without a sealed battery. I don't like glass backs but people want wireless charging.

What I posted is directly copied/pasted from the Xfinity page shown here.

Could be that it varies by location/region - BUT:
A 2-year commitment on a throwaway phone is REQUIRED in our area.

No thanks.

I think you are misinterpreting. You are confusing paying for a device on installments with a contract. You can always pay off a device installment plan and in this case it only requires $1 for the LG phone. You can also end service at any time you want.

If you choose to go with monthly installments then it is $0.04 a month. If you need to end the service then you pay for what is left so no more than $1 in total. This is similar to what every postpaid provider does with phones on installments. The service is free with just taxes to pay on top of everything. You can even just pay $1 to own the phone outright with no contract. It is a no brainer if you have comcast internet already.

I think most modern phones last at least 2 years on average before the battery dies.

I think there is a growing number of people who want removable batteries though. Much better for the environment as well.

No misinterpretation here - could be that they are offering some different types of deals according to wherever it is that you reside...I have no trouble comprehending plain english either - it says what it says and that is ALL it says in our area.
(Also, just to be perfectly clear - I read the page presented several times, with great care - and expanded the various options as well.)

No outright sales deal was offered in our area, as shown clearly in the Comcast verbiage, here:

Comcast began offering this service to us as existing users months ago with full priced phones - not a great deal that way either.

As to disposable phones - I guess folks are sort of oblivious to the obvious in that the makers are doing everything possible to keep folks buying new phones quite often - and I've known too many folks who quite casually replace their phones every 6 months & have been doing that for years already - religiously.

All the above brings to mind all those years back when CellularOne 1st arrived in Vermont.

Way back then, having ONLY the choice of a private, small landline company with exorbitant pricing, getting a cellular phone was a no-brainer for lowering communications costs.
The big, bulky 3 watt analog bag phone was able to make & get calls even in the most rural areas with distant towers & with the introductory pricing it was a truly great value all around.

As one of the first ~700 users in our area I enjoyed this service until FORCED to let go of that phone & service level for a wee little 'digital' phone - via the same methods still employed in forcing changes upon the users - they just cut the service so there is no other choice remaining.

My point:
What we had back then worked just fine for the users - but not so profitably for the carrier - so the users got to 'enjoy' the benefits of enforced corporate wasting policies.

Sure, a great many folks think nothing a'tall of tossing out tonnage of stuff in the name of 'progress'.
That same 'progress' has us aimed quite squarely at big problems & sufferings which become more obvious day by day.
These things ARE related - whether folks choose to deny, ignore or simply remain oblivious is their own choosing which no single man will ever draw enough attention to for any difference to be made.

Or, better expressed by this very wise man:

If all you can do in your area is pay monthly then you can still cancel service at any time at which point the remaining balance of the phone is due of less than $1. Or you can even continue paying that $0.04 monthly according to the FAQs until it is paid off.

There is no service contract for the service portion for xfinity anywhere. You can cancel at anytime.

Nope.
Not so here.
Things DO vary according to locale - this is quite common, actually...
In addition, all carriers are allowed to impose rather large breach fees in our area.

Kindly examine the rules presented below, copied directly from the Comcast site shown locally here, and please give focused attention to the verbiage therein:

So, from the above - outright sale is not offered, monthly payment is REQUIRED (for 24 months as also described at the page shown here...) and any discontinuation is a breach - which causes the full ORIGINAL amount of the retail sale minus discount to be due & payable.

This amounts to a 2 year obligation.
If that is not required in your area, then I congratulate you upon having better options !!

The agreement is for financing $1. The remaining balance ie $1 less what you have paid to date is what you pay upon discontinuing service.

Then how did you manage to copy paste the following where it gave you two purchasing options including "$1 when it ships":

It seem like you ASSumed that because there was no verbiage about purchasing the phone outright, that the only option was to pay across 24 months. You didn't stop to consider that there is no verbiage about buying outright because there is no need to specify any terms in that section of the agreement when purchasing outright.

And in any case, even if you had to pay across 24 months, what is the problem with getting 0% interest for 2 years and paying the outstanding balance if you cancel ALL lines with Xfinity before 24 months is up?

Xfinity are swamped by this deal because it is so good. The LG is out of stock because it's virtually free. There is no catch here. They are offering fantastic deals because they're trying to become a major player in this market and tie in to the home services subscriptions which are dwindling as people cut the cord. Indeed, you only need to subscribe to internet to get in on this deal, and you can often get internet for $30 - $50 a month.

IIRC correctly, you are somebody who wanted real cell calling for the lowest cost possible. Well not only can you get unlimited talk and text for just the monthly taxes, you get it on the best network ie Verizon and you can get a phone with a 2 day battery for $1 or 4c a month if you don't have $1 to spare.

My LG arrived in 2 days from ordering and it activated straight away. I'm about to receive the unlock code for it via text message. My total cost for the phone and one month of unlimited talk and text? $2.14. If I want to carry on, it's $1.06 a month in taxes and fees. If I don't, then I call or text them to cancel and the phone is mine, unlocked and with nothing to pay.

In my opinion, Comcast have knocked this one out of the park. And if you don't like Comcast, go and buy 4 iPhones and one LG on 24 months interest free credit, cancel the iPhones, get them unlocked and sell them at a profit or put them on the $1 a year Virgin deal.

Hey - whatever dudes...think what you want.
I quit & will stop here as my responses are unwanted & I don't care enough as I do not want this throwaway or any other like it.

And BTW:
I not only know how things work in my area - but I work for a law firm & have access to help with such things pretty much 24/7.

Feel free not to take advantage of it but if you we find you are misinterpreting the deal to others we will call you out.

Managed to get the LG unlocked via text message. Had to follow up once but it was pretty quick once I did so.

Set the mobile network type to LTE and have 4G LTE working on FreedomPop.

$1.08 for the phone and $1.06 taxes and fees for the first month of unlimited talk and text on Verizon.

I think I may even keep the $1.06 going monthly because the calling quality on this phone and network is so good. Definitely a good landline replacement for those wanting such a thing but not wanting to spend the monthly $ for it.

Thanks Xfinity!

I too decided that this was too good a deal to pass up to at least give Xfinity Mobile a try. I've ordered two lines for the LG X Power and they're scheduled to ship around 9/10. I decided to pay up front. When I get the phones, I'll activate them and put them both back in their boxes. Then I'll call Xfinity to get them unlocked. After I receive the codes, I'll execute the unlock. Then I'll turn the phones off , remove their SIM cards, and try to see if the service will work on my iPhone 5s and 6 issued by Verizon. If that doesn't work, no big loss really and I'll cancel service. If it does work, I've essentially found a work-around the lack of availability of BYOD. In either case, I'll be able to sell the phones on eBay and earn about $250.

I'm actually also considering adding a third line and buying an iPhones 6s. A $250 new iPhone 6s 32gb is a pretty good deal.

The SIMs will work in other phones without unlocking the LG.

Btw, you should be receiving the LG X charge, not the X Power.

I know the X Charge doesn't first have to be unlocked in order for the SIM to work on another phone. However, my fear is that Comcast won't unlock the X Charge if it sees the SIM being used on my BYOD device.