When Did FreeUp stop the Free Plan?

When did FreeUp stop offering the free plan? Did they give any explanation why they did it? I appear to be "grandfathered" in but will this last? I also have a 15 per month paid version.

Thanks for any info.....

@Frasier1, I think it was a little over a month ago. When I noticed the change on their website, I contacted their customer service team to ask if the free plan(s) would continue, and here is the reply I received:

[i]Thank you for contacting us. The PROMO FREE Starter rate plan is no longer being offered for new customers, but you can still renew your account each month on the PROMO FREE Starter rate plan.
If you have any trouble with renewing your account, just let us know.

For additional FreeUP Mobile help, you may also dial 611 from your FreeUP Mobile device, or call us at (888) 316-0686 to speak directly with a Customer Care Representative for further assistance.[/i]

My free plan renewed no problem, same way as always; I just renewed online within the 5- (or is it 7-?) day grace period. So, for the time being at least, you should be good to go for a long time yet with your free plan. Here's hoping!

I just renewed our lines for the 2nd time after the free plan was discontinued. ( I agree with "a little over a month"--I think my renewal date was only about 10 days after someone here first noticed the free plan had disappeared.)
I feel about as secure about it staying around as I have any time since the rewards program ended. (Not very, but no panic.)