What music are you listening to or watching? II

1 Like

Keane - Somewhere Only We Know

Johnny Cash - One Piece At A Time (Live)

Gary West - One Piece at a time

Simon & Garfunkel -- Cecilia (Live)

Local Natives - Cecilia (Acoustic Cover)

The Vamps - Oh Cecilia (Breaking My Heart) ft. Shawn Mendes

R.I.P. Chick Corea.

Freddie Mercury - Love Kills

Freddie Mercury - Living On My Own

Dschinghis Khan - Moskau

Robert Randolph & the Family Band - If I Had My Way

Eddy Grant - Baby Come Back (Live)

A new Nirvana song was released 3 months ago! It was created using Google's Magenta AI:

Nirvana - Drowned in the Sun

[i]As long as there’s been popular music, musicians and crews have struggled with mental health at a rate far exceeding the general adult population. And this issue hasn’t just been ignored. It’s been romanticized, by things like the 27 Club—a group of musicians whose lives were all lost at just 27 years old.

To show the world what’s been lost to this mental health crisis, Over The Bridge, an organization that empowers musicians and to reclaim their lives from their mental health struggles, used artificial intelligence to create the album the 27 Club never had the chance to. Through this album, we’re encouraging more music industry insiders to get the mental health support they need, so they can continue making the music we all love for years to come.

Because even AI will never replace the real thing.

Learn more at https://losttapesofthe27club.com/

and from engadget.com:

[i]Were he still alive today, Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain would be 52 years old. Every February 20th, on the day of his birthday, fans wonder what songs he would write if he hadn't died of suicide nearly 30 years ago. While we'll never know the answer to that question, an AI is attempting to fill the gap.

A mental health organization called Over the Bridge used Google's Magenta AI and a generic neural network to examine more than two dozen songs by Nirvana to create a 'new' track from the band. "Drowned in the Sun" opens with reverb-soaked plucking before turning into an assault of distorted power chords. "I don't care/I feel as one, drowned in the sun," Nirvana tribute band frontman Eric Hogan sings in the chorus. In execution, it sounds not all that dissimilar from "You Know You're Right," one of the last songs Nirvana recorded before Cobain's death in 1994.[/i]

Song has no soul. Sounds like a cover band.

Smells like Drowned in the Sun

Soul? Challenge accepted!

Otis Redding - I've Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now)

One more!

Sam and Dave - Soul Man

Blues Brothers - Soul Man

Gary Moore - Parisienne Walkways (Live At Royal Albert Hall, London / 1993)

Chingon - Malagueña Salerosa

Lucia Hernández - La Malagueña

Warren Zevon - Frank and Jesse James

Natalia Lafourcade - Nunca Es Suficiente

Nas - Nobody feat. Ms. Lauryn Hill

Gnarls Barkley - Crazy

Descemer Bueno ft Gente de Zona - Bailando

Enrique Iglesias ft. Descemer Bueno, Gente De Zona - Bailando