What a doofus!

[i]Teacher, reserve cop accidentally fires gun in Calif. high school, police say

Dennis Alexander was teaching public safety for his Administration of Justice class in Seaside High School when a shot went off around 1:20 p.m.

Alexander is also a reserve police officer for Sand City Police, authorities said.

Though the gun didn't shoot anyone directly, "Fragments from the bullet struck a student in the neck,"[/i]

Too much sand in his brain. Why he brought a loaded gun into a classroom to teach gun safety probably has zero correct answers. But maybe he's a Zen genius who really knows how to get kids to remember what was taught or not taught. Perhaps this lesson just confirmed some younger people's opinion of some adults.

Reminds me why Deputy Barney Fife was only allowed to have one bullet! Hopefully this deputy's demeanor inspired more confidence than Barney used to, at least until the gun went off.

Seriously, I'm glad there were not more, or worse, casualties and I hope the student who was injured makes a quick recovery.