Unreal Premium Voice AT&T

I got my number back today! It took them over a week but at least I got my number back.

I ported out to Ultra Mobile. At&t has better coverage where I live but I think T-mobile has better service (Call quality, download speeds).

Unreal still hasn't refunded my order. They said yesterday that it would be issued within 24hrs but it hasn't yet.

In hindsight if I would have originally been okay not having my phone number for a few weeks I think things could have worked out but Unreal's customer support is horrendous. Not only are they very slow to get anything done their communication is beyond abysmal. If they had communicated better it would have prevented a ton of issues.

On a side note Ultra Mobile's support has been great so far. I called yesterday to check on the port status and the rep 3-way called Unreal's support to see what the hold up was. The Unreal support agent was again uninformative and very slow but after 45min we found out that Unreal had received the port request but that they needed more time.

I still haven't received a refund.

On the 7th they said that the order was refunded and that it would take 3-5 business days to post. I waited until the 15th and still not having received a refund I opened another ticket (previous one was closed). They have not responded to that ticket at all.

I've initiated another dispute with my credit card company.

Stay away from Unreal. I bought two SIMs during their Memorial Day sale. First SIM (8gb/month) was activated 3 weeks later and port was only partly successful. For about 2 weeks, I only had outgoing call and data capability but not incoming calls or any texts. The issue took about 10 days to resolve. Second SIM (3gb/month) was activated yesterday on my wife's line. The port went fine but the plan didn't load. I contacted them late yesterday via chat and then when I checked this morning, they loaded the 500 min/500 text/500gb plan and I got charged an extra $10 plus tax. If this doesn't get resolved in 2-3 days, I'm going to port out to Tello and ask for all my money back and/or do chargebacks.

It looks like Unreal Mobile may be shuttering their data-only (VoIP calling) service.

It's not clear at this point what that means for existing customers with 3-month or 12-month plans. My guess is that they'll let them run their course, but decline to renew. Another possibility is that they'll leave that option available through outside retailers, but I'd noted a few weeks ago that Best Buy has all their Unreal Mobile (and FreedomPop) SIMs marked as clearance items. Target still has them listed as normal inventory.

I'm hoping that FreedomPop remains as data-only. There's plenty of existing choices for traditional cellular voice, and I think it's clear that we're never going to see a 'free' upgrade to cellular voice.