Twigby

@1birdman1 What browser are you using while throttled and how's the experience compare to when not throttled?

If you are on twigby already you can force it to 64k in the online settings to test it yourself (easy to change back to full speed in the account) I would recommend puffin browser for 64k. Hangouts is reasonable.

Awesome idea. I'm going to relay this.

We've already begun discussions of giving each account its own referral id and/or referral link so that referrals can be made without having to use your name/address.

So this credit might be (is?) available even to those of us who migrated to Ting (i.e., didn't port over to Twigby directly before the migration)? If that's the case, that would indeed be good news.

You can get a free month using code FREE2START or RINGPLUS . Any plan just pay $1 or so in taxes. Can use these codes even if you are not porting from ringplus especially the first one.

Get a further $20 after 30 days by getting referral details from someone to add to your account. PM me (click avatar then write message) or anyone else you like on here for a referral! I know 1birdman1 has twigby too.

That is correct :slight_smile:

If you haven't seen or received an email, Twigby added a 4GB data bucket for only $10 more!
I set my buckets at 200 mins/150MB and they will scale as needed, including going over 4GB data into unlimited 2G.

Thanks Twigby!

Woop! Thanks for the shout out. Just went live about an hour ago!

If you change plans mid-month, do you have the choice of it taking effect at the beginning of next billing cycle or is it immediate (and prorated)?

Not sure. Right now you can't change plans yourself at all. They are fixing something. Customer service can change it still.

So glad to hear about the 4GB option! I'm planning to port out of Ting next week. The main thing I didn't like about Twigby was the 2GB limit. I wouldn't exceed it often, but I can imagine a situation where I'm traveling, using more data than usual, and 64kbps won't cut it.

Ideally, I'd want to set an initial limit of 1GB, and then approve the increase to 2GB and/or 4GB explicitly, only if I really need the speed. Will that be possible (after you fix your web account management)?

Not all that impressed with the new activation process, a bit convoluted.

I just ported over from Ting, but I just realized the activation system never asked for my ICCID# and I am using a Nexus 5X which needs the ICCID#, Oh boy?

There have been a couple that have not asked for the ICCID but when you activate all works fine. Cellnuvo never asks for it either but my phones on cellnuvo and twigby work great.

I wonder if Twigby (and CellNUVO (?)) automatically picks up the ICCID that had been associated with the previous activation from a Sprint database. That would work most of the time without the user needing to input the number.

Cellnuvo was a new number and not a port in for me. No ICCID needed as far as I recall and there is no ICCID on my dashboard - just the MEID.

Well not in my case. :frowning:

Woke up this morning and the port had completed, but I could not provision the phone. Got on chat and they basically performed a double swap including my ICCID# and all is well.

In the original e-mail they sent the correct MEID. but did not include the ICCID#(for obvious reasons) and the wrong MSL for my device?

I am not too keen that they do not show all the device info on the dashboard. They really should include the MEID, ICCID, MSID and MSL, hopefully that is something they are working on.

Everyone else get the ICCID# and the correct MSL in the e-mail?

Looks as if you can throttle your own data speeds on the dash?

Yes you can throttle data yourself in the dash. Supposed to be parental controls but makes for an easy way to test data speeds. You can switch between them quite easily. I just turn to airplane mode and back on and the new speed works.

My MSL was correct in my Twigby email but no ICCID as it was not required when I signed up. Not sure why they didn't need mine. I have an iphone 6S on twigby and it works perfectly. Not sure how to find the MSID to check that.

As you will find chat is excellent at Twigby. Sorry about your troubles. Did you manage to get a referral added to your account - you can do it afterwards as well for some extra credit. Some people do not know that. Referral credits are probably a sore spot for you! Ting double crossed me with referral credits as well.

No real troubles, I knew that not entering in the ICCID# would probably cause an issue and the fact Twigby has actual C/S who can address the issue quickly and they did.

I did not get a referral, I did use the free2start code.

No sore spot with any ethical company in regard to referrals, I do hope Twigby changes the referral process to a code rather than having to air your name and number out in public.

How do you enter your referral givers name/number when signing up?

There is supposed to be an entry for it when you sign up. If not just chat with customer service after you activate and they will add it.