Trading Post Suggestion

While you were concocting that little snark, what you were supposed to be doing is following through on this assertion:

Whatever it is you were trying to convey, we're still waiting for those examples.

I see the attraction of a trading post section. It seems reasonable to me that there would be a degree of trust and 'trustability'.

Some of us have been down this road before, on other forums. There's a risk of it exploding into disagreement and argument aired through the forum. HG may want to avoid that possibility.

I think its a good move. I can create a forum for us to trade if it's not allowed here.

Took some time looking into how others have set up trading posts. Based on what I saw, here are some potential guidelines:

THESE ARE MERELY SUGGESTIONS

1. Have to have been an NthCircle member for at least X amount of time to buy/sell/trade,

2. Have to have at least X amount of posts to buy/sell/trade,

3. Whenever possible use a payment method that protects you from fraud (i.e., Paypal). NthCircle assumes no responsibility for dispute resolution. NthCircle merely provides space for trade/sales/purchases as a courtesy to its members.

4. As a seller make sure to get a delivery confirmation to protect you from a buyer charge back,

5. Please list the following in phone ads to eliminate many potential buyer questions and help your item(s) sell quickly.
    Potential template for selling an item -
    Price:
    Color:
    Included:
    Life Timer:
    Used/Tested Networks:
    Condition:
    Payment:
    Additional Details:

6. Items being sold are required to have pictures and a price. No 'stock' photos. They must be pictures of the actual item.
    Additionally, post current photos of the item for sale, preferably with a time stamp or some other proof that the photos are current. Refrain from using photos taken by a previous seller. Any thread without current, actual photos of the item in your possession will be removed immediately and without warning. It is NOT acceptable to post a thread and simply post "Will post pictures later..."..

7. If a member openly defrauds another member they are forever banned from NthCircle.

8. No Thread Crapping. No Exceptions!! Don't congratulate people on a good deal. Don't talk about how you would buy an item if you hadn't just purchased item XYZ. If you think the price is too high DO NOT BUY IT and DO NOT COMMENT.

9. Thread Bumping is allowed once in a 48 hour period in Trading Post only.

10. All threads over X days old without a post can be closed. All threads posted SOLD will remain open for X days or until the item(s) have been received by all parties in satisfactory condition. Then threads will be closed

11. Items are to be sold in the Trading Post forum area only.

12. Please make sure to show respect when trading phones or selling items, we expect shipment of items to be within a reasonable timeframe. If you can not complete a trade within X days or ship your for sale items within X days, then please ask for your post to be removed until you are able to do so. However, if both parties agree on a different timeframe, that is acceptable. Please post within 24 hours or receiving your item so that the seller knows all is well in the world and the thread can be closed

13. Low Balling will not be tolerated in the Trading Post, example ad set for $350 do not offer $200 unless OP says they are accepting all offers. Lowballing is a form of thread crapping..

14. Limit of X ads or items running concurrently (including multiple same model items and different items in multiple threads). This is to alleviate the possiblity of commercial/ business sales, etc.

Hope you guys can think of others.

Sounds like rules for your own board.

lexusl21, you are one funny chap. I can always count on you for a chuckle or two. Have you managed to find those examples you were going to show us? All jokes aside, I would really like to see them.

This thread is definitely, convincing. :slight_smile:

You've sold,

me. on It.