The $10 Bonus

... and mine is gone again a few hours later....

Looks like it's time for a new game: Where's Waldo('s Reward)?

Seriously, I hate to publicly criticize young startup companies, and I'm really rooting for FreeUP to make it, but their numerous recurring problems associated with crediting (and keeping) rewards is getting a bit unsettling. I sincerely hope that this company doesn't go the way of RingPlus, but it is resembling that "free spirited community" more and more.

FreeUP, please prove me wrong and make things right so that you can live long and prosper!

After a few times of showing up / going away, my $10 bonus has been missing for over a couple weeks now. Contacted support...will see what happens

On a related note - has anyone received any $1& 5% of earning bonuses for referrals. Do those referrals have to be to paid plans?

"When you refer friends and family, they will receive $5 just for signing up and you will receive 5% of their reward earnings plus $1 each month they use FreeUP."

What is the $10 bonus? Is that only for referring someone? I could not find it documented anywhere.

My FreeUp rewards balance shows $0.00 for whatever reason (has been for several days). My billaway balance (where the coupons are) shows $15.12.

Looks like they have removed it or I can't find it anymore on their site - but they would match the first $10 in rewards you earned.

Not sure this is the issue with your $0.00 balance on the FreeUP dashboard.... but try clicking on the drop-down menu for the phone # field, and selecting your number, even if the correct number already appears there.
I sometimes need to do that for the other fields to populate correctly.

Click around different screens and it will eventually update. Their page is ....

I think Frasier1 does receive the $1 & 5% bonus, from one or more of his referred lines. (Frasier1 was the 'early adopter' who was kind enough to share his FreeUP experiences here.) I know one forum member posted screenshots indicating the bonus, and I think, but am not sure, that it was Frasier1.

I don't recall any other member mention of receiving the $1 + 5% bonus. Two people have used my referral, and both received their $5 referral sign-up bonus, so the referral process seemed to work okay on that side of the equation.
There may be rules we don't know about in this regard-- perhaps the referred member needs to be on a paid plan, or perhaps the referring member needs to be on a paid plan. Or perhaps it's just something else that isn't working.

I just signed up my father-in-law with his own account/line using my referral number and so far neither side has received our referral bonuses yet. HOWEVER, the SIM was just ordered and still enroute, so maybe it needs to be activated first. Will update when it arrives and I get him set up.

My balance on the main FreeUP account shows $0.00. Tried deleting cookies and used several browsers. Zero. As I said, the credit shows up, and the balance is increasing by doing the coupon thing, in my billaway account. Seems I am the only one with this issue.

It does not matter at this point because you can't easily do anything with the balance. But I would hate to miss the one coupon a month minimum because of it.

My account resets tomorrow so we will see what that does.

Support never was able to get the app running for me, but that does not really matter either.

@dmarkson If I understand correctly, you can log in to the browser site at https://freeup.billaway.com, but not use the phone app? Does the app appear to load correctly, but not recognize your credentials? (Strange, since the credentials seem to be functional if you can log in to the billaway page.)
Out of curiousity, what OS is your phone running, and is it the stock factory build?

If you go to the Billaway browser site, and click through the My Account link at the bottom of the page, does that still not bring up your FreeUP account page with correct info on credits? (On my PC, this route doesn't -usually- require entering separate log-in credentials, which would normally be different to access the FreeUP account dashboard via the main FreeUP.com route. (That route requires email and password, instead of phone # and PIN.)

On a different note, my $10 bonus returned to my 2nd line account again a day or so ago. This time, the MIA status happened during the period between when the account was 'swept' for potential payment & actual account period rollover-- but the last time it was MIA for a few days was not related to the rollover period.

Glad that @KentE mentioned the ability to log into the billaway site posted above, for I haven't been able to get the https://www.freeupmobile.com/ page to load recently. Perhaps updating is going on.

I hadn't tried the login via freeupmobile in a while, so I tried it.
It's interesting that on my first attempt, the site did an auto-login from my last visit, and shows me one of our lines correctly-- but will not allow me to log out of that account.
So, I tried to log in to both accounts through an anonymous browser window, and both attempts failed. The failure notification also doesn't render correctly-- just a red bar with no text.

So... if logged in, can't log out. If logged out, can't log in. I've sent a message to FreeUP.

Using the link via the Billaway site does work correctly for me, and gets me to the same dashboard.

I just tried it again and all I get is a "loading" message. Good that you notified FreeUp, for it's not good if new and potentially new customers can't get on the site.

I've had no problems logging into either the FreeUP site or the rewards site. I do generally need to refresh the page on the FreeUP site to get everything appearing but otherwise no problems. Fully updated Chrome on Windows 7.

But the slow crediting is still a problem........

Thanks for this. I should have mentioned I was using Firefox/Windows 7, and I appreciate that you were more thorough in reporting than I was!.
Using Chrome on the same machine gets me logged in (and out) just fine at freeupmobile.com. Using Firefox gets me logged in fine via freeup.billaway.com

Interesting--FreeUP will not load on Chrome on my Manjaro Linux OS, but I was able to load it on Firefox using same OS. Chrome just updated to a new version, so will see.

Is the blurb about the $10 match still on the website? I can't find it. Maybe it has been discontinued.

ajzwilli, who is familiar with the $10 bonus, mentioned above that s/he doesn't see it anymore on the site, either.

The initial purpose of the $10 match/bonus doesn't seem to be necessary anymore, with the free plan in place for a trial period. (At least I was under the impression that it was there to remove some concerns about earning enough to pay for the plan.)

Update on the things I have mentioned.

Makes sense that the $10 bonus was in place before the free plan was rolled out.

My plan just renewed, no problem with that.

Balance continues to shows zero. If I hit the link at the bottom of the billaway site, I still get the zero balance. Billaway site shows the $16 and change.

Customer Service told me the problem with not being able to use the app is that I signed up for billaway on the web first, and not the app. They were not able to fix it and I gave up. It was a week between responses, too slow to make any useful progress. I then tried again to contact them two weeks ago but they have not responded to that request at all. If I log onto the app, it makes me answer the initial eight-ish questions, and then tells me the email is already used and to try another. Another email did not work either. I cannot get by the intial eight questions. I have tried the app on several devices (I have a "few"), some of which are stock. Same issue on any version of Android.

I am not having the login/logout problems this evening, so maybe that is fixed. I am using chrome.