Tello Plan shows "Your plan has been cancelled" "Buy New Plan"

How many days prior to the expiration will we receive the email notification? Will we receive a text notification as well? Thank you.

From Georgiana_Tello about 2 months ago: - When you send out an email to warn of expiration how long after that email will we have until the Paygo credit is lost?----- "There is no need to worry about this. When a number is due to expire, we’ll send out a bunch of notifications, smoke signals and what not to assure you have been informed and have plenty of time to do something about it."

So, the email arrives plenty of days prior to the expiration date and perhaps text notifications will be part of the bunch of notifications, smoke signals and whatnot that is sent.

Hey, thanks for the question!

Unfortunately, we don't have a specific period for each case, but instead, work on offering the needed time for active customers to get the notification.

No text messages for now. The idea is to check your email & account; any changes will reach your inbox, no doubt about it, and you'll have time to act on them, promise!

Looks like a possible option is the $5 plan that would have 500mb data with unlimited 2g... no min, no txt.
$5/mo for the spare phone that stays in the car for live navigation?

Any new update on when the notification will be sent and the actual date Tello will start cancelling account with no new order in the past 3 months?

I signed up for the $5 plan, tonight.

It's data only, so no taxes added. Unlimited text messages are included, though. I rarely text on any of my phones so that won't do much for me, but some might be interested.

If you use your PAYG balance for calls and have unlimited texts and the small data plan you could get off pretty cheaply.

And we know that Google Hangouts works even on the unlimited 2g data (I tested it several years ago).

So, with 500 MB of LTE, unlimited 2g, unlimited text messages, and Google Hangouts you could have an unlimited plan for a flat $5 if you could live with incredibly slow data.

Chelle writes: "And we know that Google Hangouts works even on the unlimited 2g data (I tested it several years ago)."

That was really helpful--and it was mirrored by someone else using TextNow (VoIP) calling on Tello 2G successfully . The popular view in many threads I've read in other forums is that this won't work, and I chuckle each time I read one.

When I first got Tello (200mb LTE) as a backup line, I intentionally ran into 2G, to see what I could do with it, with no risk. (I had another phone.) Bottom line, I could live with it I needed to & made some effort, and Tello 2G is about as slow as any. (When I ran some speedtests, latency was reasonably low & throughput was stable, which probably helped.)

I believe what Chelle said about using Hangouts to get an unlimited plan for $5 a month on Tello Sprint would also hold true for using Hangouts or GV on the basic Red Pocket, on any GSM or CDMA network, one year $60 or $5 a month plan. BTW, eBay is currently offering account holders 10% off this plan, etc., until 12/18/2019, at least on my account.

You must be special. :frowning: No discount for me.

The difference Chelle was alluding to on the Tello plan is based on the unlimited 2G, which could translate to unlimited minutes with VoIP. The lower-tier Red Pocket plans don't include 2G fallback, so you would run out of data before you reached 'unlimited' VoIP minutes.

Thanks, I wasn't aware that the one-year eBay plan was a lower-tiered plan and that lowered tiered plans didn't qualify for unlimited 2G data.
On the Red Pocket eBay plan page, it has the info quoted below where evidently the asterisk must lead to the no 2G unlimited data qualification, though I could not find where the asterisk led to. That said, 100 Mbps of the 500 Mbps of data would provide an additional 500 minutes of talk using GV or Hangouts, which is still a pretty good plan since one can choose any network. It's odd that eBay doesn't offer the same discount to all account holders at the same time. Maybe I am special.:huh:
Edit: I do see where this basic plan does have add ons for when runs out of minutes or data, which would seem to indicate that there is no unlimited 2G.

"Compatible devices required for 4G LTE speed mobile internet access.
*Unlimited at up to 2G speeds after high speed data is consumed."

No SIM on my 2 phones. CDMA. Any idea if/where I can find a temporary MEID to give to account 1, then put device 1 on account 2, and then put device 2 on account 1? I imagine you can't put a device that's in use to another account, right? Maybe I can alter some digits in one of the phones MEID number and use that?

I found some ESN/IMEI/MEID generators online but none of the generated numbers pass the BYOD tests.

To be clear, are you saying you already have 2 phones on two different Tello accounts and want to switch them from one account to another? I don't know what type of plans both phones are on, but you could possibly change your plans on both phones to accomplish your goal, provided you don't lose money in doing so? If you would lose money that way, I have a MEID number you could borrow to swap with, however, it's from a simless 3G phone and I'm not sure such a phone can be activated on the Tello/Sprint network anymore, although I think Tello still does sell a refurbished 3G phone on their site.

Yes

Pay As You Go

You mean do something like switch to a monthly plan and then switch back to PAYG? I don't think that will work to my advantage. The cell minutes I need per month are extremely low. About 5 minutes a month. Thus I see the words "monthly plan" and I get dizzy!

Thanks. I'll give it a try. Later tonight.

If both plans are Paygo, why do you want to switch phones, what do you want to accomplish by doing that? Are you trying to avoid getting the accounts canceled because of a lack of activity or orders?

*** I sent you a PM.

You can still activate 3G phones on Tello. I just did it last week.

Thanks. I just tried mine on the Tello checker and it was all green--good to go.

If Isamorph's ESN doesn't work, I have one you could borrow, and I've checked it on both Tello and Ting's BYOD test pages.

But, before you start down this road....
Some older phones are 'grandfathered' on the Sprint network, and can remain in use if they're already active, but cannot be activated again. (Or, they may be allowed to activate, but they may take some manual programming for voice/text, and won't be able to use data or MMS/Group text/Picture messages.)

Can you check the model numbers in your phones settings menus, and share it here? We might be able to help check.

Or, run the MEID through the Ting test page. Bring your phone to a happier home
(Not the Tello page, which will only tell you the phone is already active with Tello.) Ting is stricter than Tello about ruling out older phones, but if Ting will accept it you can be pretty sure you'll be able to reactivate the phone on Tello after swapping it out.

Unfortunately, not 'all' 3G phones. I've just run several through Tello's check tool, and I'm at about 50% on Tello.. Notably, one that I just deactivated from Tello last week will not clear the Tello BYOD test.

FWIW: one model passes both TIng and Tello. One model passes on Tello, but fails on Ting. The 3rd & 4th fail on both. (All are 3G phones.)

Ain't that the truth. I just ran my Tello accepted MEID through the Ting checker and it failed. Yet I'm wondering if the Ting checker is functioning properly since it kept changing my upper case letters in my typed in MEID to lower case letters before rejecting the MEID, which makes sense because with lower case letters the MEID is incorrect.

Edit: I tried the MEID on a few other CDMA checkers and it failed, so who knows if Tello is one of the last of the Mohicans allowing the activations of certain 3 G phones.

Yes, orders. My last order was in the beginning of 2017! When I saw bingyee's post mentioning that swaps are orders I said why not do a couple swaps. Who knows, it may buy my Tello lines a couple more months.

I see it, thanks!