Tello Plan shows "Your plan has been cancelled" "Buy New Plan"

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #42058 by bingyee
I haven't gotten anything from Tello but over the last three months I've swapped phones several times (just to check whether the phone was truly Sprint network compatible). Those are technically "Orders" at $0. I hope they consider those orders sufficient to keep the line active without any paying activity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, SuccessOne, st3fx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #42059 by Isamorph

SuccessOne wrote: Has Tello changed PaYG terms? I see this message on dashboard, "You can use Pay As You Go balance for international calls & texts." So if you're on $5 plan (data only), you can't use PayG for calls in U.S? Only international calls & texts? Confusing.

I recently switched to the $5 data plan but turned that data off and I'm using my Paygo balance to make and receive calls in the USA unless something has changed in the past few days. I would guess the "you can...international calls and texts" message is intended for people on paid plans who have unlimited US t&t and who wonder what Paygo is for. But, yes, rather vague wording.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuccessOne

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #42060 by ZZWang
I didn't any notification on my account with Paygo.
And I have no order in the past three months.
Really not sure...

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #42061 by Georgiana_Tello
Hello guys,

Thanks so much for reaching out! God, you're fast :)

We're sorry, but if you got this particular message, please know that it was due to a bug. Rest assured, it is now fixed. Please check your account again, and if anything should look a bit off, we encourage you to contact our Customer Support Team so we can get it sorted out.

We stand by our word, no expiration will take place without prior notification, no need to worry about that.

Thanks again,
Your Tello Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Chelle, Isamorph, tech-stitch

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #42064 by KentE
That Pay As You Go rate page has always been confusing. For some reason, it defaults to rates for Columbia. You have to select United States to see domestic rates.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #42065 by KentE

bingyee wrote: I haven't gotten anything from Tello but over the last three months I've swapped phones several times (just to check whether the phone was truly Sprint network compatible). Those are technically "Orders" at $0. I hope they consider those orders sufficient to keep the line active without any paying activity.

I think you have a very optimistic outlook.. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: st3fx

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #42069 by st3fx

bingyee wrote: I haven't gotten anything from Tello but over the last three months I've swapped phones several times (just to check whether the phone was truly Sprint network compatible). Those are technically "Orders" at $0. I hope they consider those orders sufficient to keep the line active without any paying activity.

This would be an interesting loophole.

I believe the voicemail is also reset when swapping device.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #42080 by joeuser
I noticed the same message in my accounts. I have a Tello flip phone in each of my cars as an emergency phone. I decided to switch to Free Up and use their free plans with the only requirement being to login to the accounts and click off that I want to continue with the free plan each month. I've been requesting my pay as you go balances back from Tello. So far so good. If you request a refund, please include your paypal account email.

It's a shame to see Tello go away for Pay as You go service. I must say for the many MVNO's that I've used, Tello has always been a 5 star provider.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #42116 by dst11
How do you swap phones at Tello? Do you need the IMEIs? Anything else?

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #42117 by KentE

dst11 wrote: How do you swap phones at Tello? Do you need the IMEIs? Anything else?

Technically, the MEID (instead of IMEI), and the ICCID (assuming that the device uses a SIM card.)

It's a good idea to check the MEID before getting started on the Bring Your Phone tab, to make sure it's eligible.

(Some older devices may no longer be compatible with Sprint auto-provisioning. It might still be possible to activate some of these for voice & text only, but not data, through some manual programming steps.}

The swap can be done in your online dashboard. Select My Phone and then (under Want To Replace Your Phone?), select Bring A New Phone.

The swap should complete almost immediately. You'll need to restart the new phone. If it's been used on a carrier before, you might need to 'kickstart' the process by a dialer code if it doesn't go into hands-free activation on it's own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dst11