T-Mobile price hike

Time will tell, and even if it does work, then the question will be, for how long?

Anyway, I should know more after my 5/9/23 payment posts, which is for my 5/11/23 due date.

I'll then switch my payment method to the debit card on file after that, and I'll post back as soon as everything processes and my June amount due shows in my account.

According to the Phone Arena piece it's not starting until May 20 so testing the workaround (also mentioned in that piece) will, in Boz's case, have to wait for June I guess.

Despite the big negative of this change, at least would get several warning texts before losing autopay discount.

Almost forgot, T-Mobile may be trying to push people to open account a T-Mobile Money account.

I found a service that gives you 2% cash back on TMO payments (everything else category).
Download the Bluedot App from the App or Play Store.
You will have a virtual debit card which you can add money using various methods, including another debit card.
Verify that the deposit was successful by reviewing your current balance.
Once you have the money on the card, use the virtual VISA Debit Card number to your TMO account for autopay.
Make a one-time payment to make sure it works.

I just made mine, will see how this goes. This app is meant for EV (electric car) charging so not sure if gas car owners can sign up.

I never made any change after my May payment posted. Since my amount due for June still included the autopay discount, I kept my AmEx as the selected payment method, and the June payment that was charged still included the autopay discount. I guess I'll just wait and see what the July amount due is, when it becomes available.

So now I see a $5 off per line for paying with T-Mobile Money. I guess part of this is to also push people to sign up for T-Mobile Money.

Wonder if I can get $5 off the free line.

1 Like

"T-Mobile has the right to charge its customers even if the account has been suspended due to non-payment."

Maybe T-Mobile needs to invest in their own private police and private prison too. :o

So they hike prices AND lay off staff. Totally 180 from what they said when trying to buy out Sprint.

I guess price hike goes to CEO pay instead of IT staff.

Make sure to call in Oct 17 if you have lines with T-Mobile. Looking at alternatives after my 24 mo phone financing completes.

Trick or Treat from T-Mobile!

"We're always looking for ways to give our customers more from our services so we're moving a small number who were on older rate plans to newer plans that will deliver them enhanced features," T-Mobile said in a statement. It was not immediately clear how many people will be impacted or what a "small number" meant.

Wow, I did not know almost everyone on the old plan migrated to the new, more expensive plans. T-Mobile should provide concrete info on that... pretty sure it is FALSE, thus FRAUD.

"Not a price hike" LOL

"master94
Take with a grain of salt but when I called to opt out Tmobile rep said they are only looking at making anyone using over 100 Gigs a month to move to the newer plans. Anyone below can stay. So I assume 1% of users are using over 100 Gigs"

Could have hired me on a 6 digit consulting contract to tell you this. Would have avoided all the bad PR. LOL

1 Like

"
The plan costs $10 a month with autopay or $15 without and gets you 30GB of high speed. Once you use up all the data, the download speed will be reduced to 600kbps.

This is a bring-your-own-device (BYOD)-only plan and according to alleged internal documents, the plan is meant for devices like "Hotspots, connected laptops, or a Chromebook."
"

1 Like

https://www.t-mobile.com/benefits/aaa-membership-deal

Well, this looks like a pretty good deal. One year free AAA membership.

This is one price hike we all like! :slight_smile: