Remembering and honoring our Veterans on this Memorial Day May 29, 2023

And remembering the words of one particular soldier who lies buried in an army issued $80 casket:

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity"

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together".

1 Like

A couple of more quotes from this particular soldier:

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."

"I belong to a family of boys who were raised in meager circumstances in central Kansas, and every one of us earned our way as we went along, and it never occurred to us that we were poor, but we were."

1 Like

Better you should have not made your original post with your ill intent.

What are you complaining about now? I am simply sharing the GOP Fuehrer's Memorial Day message.

Also don't forget his previously reported views about the fallen: