Red Pocket buys FreedomPop

It appears that the free plan may not being going away for existing users( at least for now.)

"Your current GSM Plans will not change and your existing services will not be impacted in any way."

What might be happening is that Red Pocket is planning to continue running FreedomPop as a separate subsidiary under its existing brand names of FP, and Unreal with a somewhat similar set of freeimum plans as FP and Unreal always offered.

As such, only the CDMA customers sold off to Ting are essentially facing the end of their plans. The GSM (AT&T) plans of FreedomPop and Unreal may continue going on as before, for now at least.

Rp stated not continuing freeimum

Are you certain you're not remembering LiterallyUnlimited's comment? LU is a Ting employee, and was referencing only Ting's plans for former Freedompop CDMA customers.
I haven't seen any comment from Red Pocket, but would love to see one if you have a reference/link.

It would be more reassuring to hear that from Red Pocket.

The fact they have said that though is better than being left completely in the dark(regardless if its 100% accurate). Also while I do feel bad for CDMA customers alike being brought to Ting, I will say that they did have the better completely free plans during FP prime, and for longer if I might add. So at least they were able to enjoy Freemium more-so than its GSM customers

I haven't seen RP say anything yet. Like Kent, I think that comment was only regarding Ting.

I'm not sure but can't believe an FP employee would post that nothing is changing for GSM/LTE users, if that was not the case. At least as they know it at this time. Of course that could change at any time tho I guess. FP may have other issues but posting flat out lie on SD didn't seem to be one of them, at least that I can recall.

Agree it would be nice if RP would speak out to confirm that but guess we'll have to wait to see what they say whenever they choose to address this.

Edit: If I get time later, I might try chatting with RP just to see what their people might say or know. Just out of curiosity.

It probably was just a statement to reassure people that there will be no immediate changes. I suspect that there will be at some point once the dust settles. I do hope redpocket tries their hand at the freemium game as long as it doesn't negatively impact its core business. I've been very happy with redpocket so far.

I don't have a lot of complaints about RP but must say even tho their chat support is quick their info isn't always correct, especially when chatting with different reps. One might say one thing, the next something different. I could excuse that when it concerned CN /RP transition but when chatting about RP itself shouldn't be that way.

It's why I now usually chat couple times to try to determine correct info if it's something real critical. Like when I wanted to port phone # in or wanted to know for sure I could buy "renew" via ebay rather than "new" account. Come to find out was same price via different link so went with new but still had to contact them after purchase to activate it. Activation didn't go as smooth as I thought & was lead to believe it would. It didn't take long via chat to activate & get up & running but really thought it would be more self involved.

Hello Everyone!

Red Pocket is excited to maintain the best of FreedomPop and mix in some added wonderfulness, including live customer service, native carrier voice, and soon service on all of the country’s major networks!

We also want to ensure that going forward, FreedomPop customers have more control and transparency when it comes to their billing. We want you to love FreedomPop as your wireless provider more than ever, and to us that means only good surprises when you get your bill.

Please stay tuned as we roll out many improvements in the coming weeks. At this time, we’re planning no major plan changes, and we remain committed to FreedomPop’s legacy - including a free tier that allows you to try our service and hopefully make you want even more of it!

In the meantime, we welcome you to get to know us! Please visit us at RedPocket.com, check out our current plans, and let us know if you have any questions or suggestions for how to make this the best wireless service ever. We want to hear from you!

• your friends at Red Pocket Mobile

Thanks for popping in.

Indeed. Best mvno in the business.

the best of FreedomPop is... Free data and free international calling.

This is good news.

This Poster just registered today, is unverified and would this forum be the first venue to interact with FreedomPop customers?
Not through emails or FP website or RP website ?
I would love this to be true but it feels like trolling until proven otherwise.

They are supposed to get verified with hungryghost first

Hi, Redpocket CS !
As you can tell, you have a lot of fans on this forum! Thanks for the words about FreedomPop.

The owner of this forum asks that all telecom employees apply for a "Verified" tag, just to avoid any misunderstandings. It's easy:
Just follow the pointer in this Verified Telecom Representatives thread:

https://www.nthcircle.com/forum/welcome/106-verified-telecom-representatives

The same poster posted the same message, at about the same time as posted here, on Howard Forums.

It seems Red Pocket may now be in the process of communicating with the public and customers their plans for FreedomPop.

This appears to be an official communication from Red Pocket/FreedomPop:

https://forums.freedompop.com/us/discussion/40870/what-to-expect-now-that-freedompop-has-parterned-with-red-pocket?ref=NWIDA

"As a valued FreedomPop customer, new upgrades will be offered exclusively to you first."

without your consent...